Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Thoughts on Clemson's whirlwind week of recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Thoughts on Clemson's whirlwind week of recruiting

Jun 19, 2012, 6:31 PM

Thoughts on Clemson's whirlwind week of recruiting

Clemson has added five commitments for 2013 and three more for 2014 including the No.1 player in the land for 2013 - Robert Nkemdiche. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good read, David.

Jun 19, 2012, 7:03 PM

I particularly like your assessment of RN vs. the Clown. The most realistic comparison that I've read yet, and it's a non-comparison.

Oh yeah, and I'll give you the "I told you so" on this year's recruiting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Yeah I really didn't get why so many were worried

Jun 19, 2012, 7:12 PM

If Dabo can put together a top ten recruting class after a LOSING season. You know he can catch fire after we win 10 games, get to the top 5 in the nation and win the ACC title all on national TV. The OB was bad, horrifically bad, but one game does not truly determine a recruits thoughts imo. It's all about relationships and Dabo makes them better than anyone else.

"a prospect called earlier this week to commit"

Jun 19, 2012, 8:03 PM

"a prospect called earlier this week to commit, and he was told there just wasn’t room right now with the Tigers waiting on some at the top of their board to make a decision."

Does this mean he wasn't offered, or do we pull offers in that case?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

^^^^my guess is:

Jun 19, 2012, 8:16 PM

the prospect probably had an offer from Clemson, but not a "committable one" (not now at least). 2 weeks ago, however, it could have been a situation where we would have taken his committment. I say that because I doubt he would have called to commit if he didn't have an offer. But with the recent flurry of committments, things have probably changed with who we might take a committment from at this point (maybe at least until some guys at the top of the board make their decision)

Ding ding! We have a winner!

Jun 20, 2012, 6:51 AM

When the kid was offered, he likely had a commitable offer. The way things are nowadays, however, if ya snooze ya lose. If this is a DE, no way we'd take him now. If he's a DT, I could see the staff saying, Maybe, but we'll have to see what Adams does first.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: "a prospect called earlier this week to commit"

Jun 19, 2012, 9:37 PM [ in reply to "a prospect called earlier this week to commit" ]

He probably was offered at the time, but when a kid doesn't commit then, things can later change due to needs. That is very reasonable. Had he committed when offered, I have no doubt that Dabo honors the commitment,but when a kid doesn't commit when offered, he takes a chance on whether the spot is open later. Now, spurlid makes offers, says they have a spot, but tells the kid the day before signing that he is sorry, but there is no room at the inn. What a sleaze.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Thoughts on Clemson's whirlwind week of recruiting***

Jun 19, 2012, 8:13 PM

Recruiting Excitement

Jun 19, 2012, 8:18 PM

After an unexpectedly great conference finish and a lack-luster bowl effort, we have the prospect of many better days ahead. Say what they will, Swinney has recruited the BEST in coaches and now he's reeling in great talent to keep coaches and Tiger Nation happy for a while to come! Thanks for your style and insights Coach Swinney!

I would love to get some stud OL commits

Jun 19, 2012, 9:10 PM

Not many offensive commits in this class so far. Still think I'm dreaming about Nkemdiche commit. Amazing.

Re: I would love to get some stud OL commits

Jun 19, 2012, 10:20 PM

Maybe you weren't impressed, but we just got a verbal from a 16 year-old stud that Coach Morris judged to be the best offensive lineman at the recent camp. He'll graduate at age 17, and at 6'5, 290, he's still growing. And from the look of his photograph, there's not an ounce of fat on this guy. Reportedly, we just beat FSU and Alabama to the punch on this one. I trust Coach Morris's judgement on this guy. I think he'll be a monster for Clemson. Just the kind of guys we need to find.

^^ this***

Jun 19, 2012, 11:16 PM

Re: I would love to get some stud OL commits

Jun 20, 2012, 6:57 AM [ in reply to Re: I would love to get some stud OL commits ]

I agree with you on the fact that the Morris kid was just now being discovered. We did get the jump on the big boys and steal one who could turn out to be a monster pick-up. But this? And from the look of his photograph, there's not an ounce of fat on this guy. He looks like an offensive lineman in that photo if you ask me. You don't measure their fat in ounces. That's not to say the kid is too fat. On the contrary, he looks the part of an OT.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Thoughts on Clemson's whirlwind week of recruiting

Jun 19, 2012, 9:12 PM

Without question Dabo is a fine salesman. I intend no disrespect to him whatsoever nor to you for missing the obvious.

What makes a salesman most effective and makes his job easy is when he believes in his product. Whether right or wrong, Dabo believes in Clemson and we got his back.

Afterall, Dabo is not selling refrigerators to Eskimos.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2012, 10:21 PM

He could though ;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2012, 9:28 PM

Loved the analysis. One big difference in Clowney and Nkemdiche is that Clowney, supposedly, had a learning disability. Nkemdiche is very smart, and he seems to be a young man with very good judgement, quite unlike Clowney. I seem to remember Clowney making a poor decision that got him sidelined for a half last year. I doubt Nkemdiche will make those minor league mistakes, and, oh yeah, he didn't make the stupid decision of deciding to be a coot. That speaks volumes about the difference in the 2 gifted athletes. Robert shows brains and good judgement, and Clowney, not so much.

Jun 19, 2012, 10:33 PM

while everything you said about dabo is true,dabo,himself,said all he had to do was get the recruits to school,and
CU sells itself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 20, 2012, 6:59 AM

CU does sell itself, but Dabo was being a little too modest when he said that. The guy has charisma to burn.

Jun 20, 2012, 9:15 AM

Yep! What he said!!!

Jun 20, 2012, 9:43 PM

do agree.not trying to take anything at all away from dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

imo the comparison of nkemdiche and clowny was nothing

Jun 20, 2012, 9:37 AM

more than the coots with the help of the sec media machine, trying to downplay the fact that another good one got away from them. they are worried

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic