Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It will be an EPIC failure on the part of Clemson, if FSU...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

It will be an EPIC failure on the part of Clemson, if FSU...

Jun 13, 2012, 8:56 PM

ends up leaving for the Big 12 and we don't. If FSU leaves, the ACC loses more credibility. We have or had a golden opportunity to get in a better conference, and I'm hoping that opportunity is still there. But all the ACC is about is Duke and UNC. That's not going to change. The ACC just makes decisions based off of what benefits Duke and UNC. And to those of you who think Swofford could be gone, think again. Swofford has been incompetent for so long, yet ACC schools as a whole have refused to force him out. I mean think about, the next two schools on target for expansion in the ACC are Rutgers and UConn.

It's unbelievable how some of you still defend the ACC, when it is beyond obvious that they could care less about improving the football product. In a ideal world I would want us to be in the ACC. But we know how the ACC operates, and it's been that way for years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is no more or less a possibility than it was a week ago.

Jun 13, 2012, 9:39 PM

Dabo's comments mean nothing. Just ask the mizzou/aTm to SEC doubters who had the exact same claims that it wouldn't happen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It will be an EPIC failure on the part of Clemson, if FSU...

Jun 13, 2012, 9:40 PM

I agree with many of your points. The only question I would pose is....If you take away Texas and Oklahoma, what is the Big12? Seriously I understand the issues, but the Big 12 shouldn't even be considered a better conference than the ACC in football. If Miami, Clemson, FSU, and VT were all performing like we should, then there would be no conversation about the ACC being subpar to the Big 12 in football.

You are correct in many ways though and the bottom line the ACC needs new and unbiased leadership immediately!!! Swofford needs to go in the worst way and I hope the ACC presidents come out of this with the realization that it is time for new blood at the top. Case in point just 12 months ago the Big 12 was in shambles, with new leadership everyone acts like it is the place to be. I think a great new leader in the ACC would do wonders, especially if we could figure out how to renegotiate this contract.

I agree. And you left out the PAC10.

Jun 13, 2012, 9:46 PM

Take away Oregon and USC, and they have some good teams, but no premier teams.

See my post below. I said the same thing about the ACC teams not holding up their end of the bargain.

I forgot to add:

Jun 13, 2012, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: It will be an EPIC failure on the part of Clemson, if FSU... ]

The ninth game must go away. That only hurts conference records for all but the conference champ. Hurts scheduling OOC games that can either help win/loss record or help RPI/Rankings. And, say what you want about cupcakes, but MANY of the top 10 teams use them to get through the season.

At this point, I would be surprised to see either leave.

Jun 13, 2012, 9:43 PM

Clemson and FSU appear joined at the hip on this thing.

It appears to me they may have been flexing their football muscle to the ACC to gain an advantage, or at least to be heard going forward.

We will see when the next two schools are added to the ACC. If they are not the best two football options available, then it will be a problem.

I think Pitt and Syr were knee jerk reactions to the ACC basketball brand going down. Only Duke and UNC have been relevant recently. No Maryland. No GTech. NO NC State. No Virginia in the top 10/20. SYR and Pitt added instant basketball relevance to the basketball.

In football, Miami, FSU, and VTech were supposed to add football to the ACC. Only VTech has held up their end of the bargain recently. FSU did in the 90's, but Miami never has.

Our best option right now is to take care of business in Clemson. And hope FSU and Miami get it together soon. And get VTech to stop losing that head scratcher plus BCS bowl game every year.
And hopefully BC, GTech, UNC, NCState, Virginia, and/or Maryland have decent years. They have the potential to do that. Even Pitt and Syr have that potential. They do not have to have 10-2 years. 8-4 or 9-3 would be great. Just need a "good" middle of the pack group of teams. Five out of these 8 with 8-4 or 9-3 seasons will bolster the conference.
Have 3 to 4 top tier teams, plus 5 to 8 good middle teams, and the bottom will not matter. Make that happen, and the ACC can renegotiate. The teams must hold up their end of the bargain to get a raise.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic