Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Swinney has two different punishment scenarios for Watkins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Swinney has two different punishment scenarios for Watkins

Jun 12, 2012, 4:15 PM

Swinney has two different punishment scenarios for Watkins

Dabo Swinney also comments on a possible return of running back Mike Bellamy to Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats not entirely true, what he said was he has a low end

Jun 12, 2012, 4:24 PM

and a high end. It could be anywhere in-between.

Now im sure he will be getting the low end, from Dabo's reaction and him trying to put it off, im guessing its going to be a quarter or a half of the Auburn game at the very low end.

no jokes about the "high" end? i'm disappointed in y'all.***

Jun 12, 2012, 4:29 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

Work-release is over and house coots had to check back in!

Jun 12, 2012, 4:30 PM

;)

Re: Front Page Story: Swinney has two different punishment scenarios for Watkins

Jun 12, 2012, 5:04 PM

As much as I know this sucks, to live up to Clemson standards I think Sammy has to sit for the Auburn game and that is that. Anything less than that would be cootish.
It doesnt need to be like sitting 1 quarter or 1 half and it doesnt need to be the 2nd game of the season.
I think sammy is a good kid who made a mistake but there needs to be a result from the mistake... not a cop-out slap on the wrist.
I hope Coach Swinney does the right thing.

Re: Front Page Story: Swinney has two different punishment scenarios for Watkins

Jun 12, 2012, 5:33 PM

Thanks Judge!

I respectfully disagree

Jun 12, 2012, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Swinney has two different punishment scenarios for Watkins ]

We do not know what kind of punishment he is getting this summer.

He could be running stadium steps every morning till he pukes.

The ONLY way I see him not missing the Game

Jun 12, 2012, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Swinney has two different punishment scenarios for Watkins ]

is completing his pre trail intervention before the season starts. Maybe if he completes that and does everything the Judge puts forth(along with whatever the coaching staff adds),then Dabo will have firm ground to stand on to let him play.That's just my opinion.

Jun 12, 2012, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Swinney has two different punishment scenarios for Watkins ]

are you going to take this opportunity to teach him a lesson and make him learn from the mistake, where he can see what his mistakes cost him and what he can do to make a positive? Or are you going to treat him like a criminal? Sammy isn't a bad kid; far from it. He has shown exemplary behaviour BEFORE and after. Everyone seems to think that the only way he is going to learn a lesson is to sit him a game or three. What an absolute crock of sh!t. Teach him! Show him a path to becoming the role model we have forced him into becoming. There are some kids out there(and adults) who need to be punished with a slap in the face, and there are some kids that just need more direction. If you are a parent, you know the power of "I'm disappointed in you!" If Clemson is a family, that is a lesson that needs to be addressed. THE REST OF THE FOOTBALL WORLD BE DAMND!! We deal with our own issues.

If you are a parent, you know the power of "I'm disappointed

Jun 13, 2012, 8:24 AM

If you are a parent, you know the power of "I'm disappointed in you!"

I could not have said it better.

Jun 13, 2012, 2:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Swinney has two different punishment scenarios for Watkins ]

Clemson will not be any different than the coots. Sammy won't miss much of the Auburn game. Should he? Probably. Will he, probably not. Dabo is making us look like fools. Now Belamy is coming back. Geez. the man needs to get it right

Why shouldn't Bellamy be allowed back?

Jun 13, 2012, 8:26 AM

He has left school due to academic reasons. Not due to behavioral problems.

If Jr College will help him get his grades up, what is wrong with him returning if that is what Bellamy wants to do?

Re: Why shouldn't Bellamy be allowed back?

Jun 13, 2012, 8:47 AM

You are absolutely right. That is what a non-athlete student could do. It happens all the time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why shouldn't Bellamy be allowed back?

Jun 13, 2012, 11:08 PM [ in reply to Why shouldn't Bellamy be allowed back? ]

save your breath, you are talkin' to a jealous coot

I agree....and why did he have to leave in the first place?

Jun 13, 2012, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Why shouldn't Bellamy be allowed back? ]

At least he tried to do his own work.....he did not have the advantages of someone to ....do his...I mean help him with his homework . Like at uncHEAT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

why get into it

Jun 12, 2012, 5:41 PM

if you're not going to talk about it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sammy Will Play vs. AU

Jun 12, 2012, 6:08 PM

"As long as lessons are learned, you grow from it. That's what we are trying to do." I think Dabo hit the nail on the head here. Don't assume Sammy needs to sit out a game to learn his lesson . . . in fact there are probably better ways to teach him a lesson (camp counseling, wind sprints, curfew, community service, increased study hall hours, etc.). Sitting him out would be nothing short of a PR move. Is that really what's important? Or is developing Sammy's character more important?

There are many differences between Sammy and Bellamy (and even Steven Car-key-a for that matter). Every situation is different and calls for different form of dicipline. There's no pre-established rules or regulations, so let Dabo handle it however the f*** he sees fit.

The biggest difference is that Dabo had the remainder of Spring and has all summer to teach Sammy a lesson. Also, Sammy is not a repeat offender, nor was he on a university sanctioned trip when this happend . . . and it certainly wasn't the night before the biggest game of his career.

In a way, I wish there were standardized NCAA punishments. Think about it, you take the chance going 10 or 15 mph over the speed limit because you know it's only a $75 to $150 ticket. But you think twice before going 40 mph over because you're looking at $600 and possible suspended license. Wouldn't it be nice for these players to have the choice . . . slap on the wrist for taking aderoll, 1 game for smoking pot or 6 games for hiring a hooker (Miami) . . . or your school's next few seasons on probation for having a booster pay for that hooker (also Miami) . . . then they could better assess the risks they are taking.

But the point is there aren't standardized punishments. So the point of a punishment is to teach a lesson, not to conform to precedents. Let Sammy play! Let Sammy play! Let Sammy play! Absolutely no need to sit him out; screw how other situations have been handled because they are irrelevant.

Re: Sammy Will Play vs. AU

Jun 13, 2012, 2:17 AM

Are you serious? You're probably the one that was calling for Garcia's head yet you think our guys are better and more deserving? #### man, the guy had drugs and pills on him. If it had been your son or daughter he/she would still be in jail. Why do we do this? It is so stupid. He was driving around with drugs!!! Send his butt to jail, like your son or daughter would be.

#1, nobody goes to jail for a misdemeanor. #2, Dabo

Jun 13, 2012, 8:53 AM

is on the record as saying there's probably no chance Sammy avoids missing game time. #3, you're talking out of your ####, because this is none of your business and not your responsibility. If you really are a Clemson fan (highly doubtful) you should just let Dabo handle the situation and keep your high-and-mighty opinions to yourself.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Jun 13, 2012, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Sammy Will Play vs. AU ]

Actually, he got exactly what your child would have gotten, except your child would not have had his name smeared all over the national news. Garcia was much different after he repeatedly broke rules and laws. Huge difference, and Dabo will handle it very well. That, I much confidence in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2012, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Sammy Will Play vs. AU ]

Nobody is gonna stay in jail over possession. He's just fortunate it was "just under" an ounce. If it would have been more than an oz he could have been charged with intent and that wouldn't have been so good.

Jun 12, 2012, 6:11 PM

I bet mike bellamy sets a juco rushing record and a juco fumble record in one season jk about
The second part hope we see him in Clemson again as a tiger.

I also liked seeing that the door was still open for Mike

Jun 12, 2012, 6:47 PM

Bellamy to return.

Jun 12, 2012, 6:19 PM

In other words, I want to win so he'll probably miss the Furman game.

Like you can talk***

Jun 12, 2012, 7:32 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sammy won't be the difference between a W and an L vs. Aub.***

Jun 13, 2012, 2:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Swinney has two different punishment scenarios for Watkins ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sammy won't be the difference between a W and an L vs. Aub.***

Jun 13, 2012, 2:21 AM

Are you serious! He the most important offensive guy Clemson has on the team. You're stupid!

Re: Sammy won't be the difference between a W and an L vs. Aub.***

Jun 13, 2012, 7:03 AM

How old are you? 12? grow up

We have wide receivers coming out our ears...

Jun 14, 2012, 2:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Sammy won't be the difference between a W and an L vs. Aub.*** ]

if *any* of them can run the jet sweep we lose nothing. If not, we lose very little. Losing a starter at almost any other position would hurt more.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2012, 5:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Swinney has two different punishment scenarios for Watkins ]

Be original, that line was right out of spurrier's rule book.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I also liked seeing that the door was still open for Mike

Jun 12, 2012, 6:48 PM

Yeah kinda figured that ship had sailed so i guess "hes sayin theirs a chance"

Re: Deer Dabo

Jun 12, 2012, 8:58 PM

Let's don't get all self-righteous as you tend to be. Sammy made a mistake and has been dragged through the mud enough by the coot media.

I think he knows his error and need our support.

Jun 12, 2012, 9:19 PM

I happened to be in listening distance to the gamecock station in Columbia today, and caught Sammy's name. One person said they were waiting to hear about his punishment...that everything had been really quiet about that at Clemson. They were betting on whether Sammy would sit out the Auburn game...another smartmouth said that Dabo would probably punish him by not letting him use the snack machine!!! They all thought that was really funny. I immediately turned the radio off..

Jun 13, 2012, 2:24 AM

so what do you think it will be? what if it was you son or daughter, you think the punishment would be different? Of course it would. So why should it be any different for him? Man there are some stupid people here!!

Lamb:

Jun 13, 2012, 10:07 AM

Get off of the if it was your son or daughter rant. He got the exact same punishment that any student at Clemson would have received. In fact, "your son or daughter" probably would have had it easier because only the people they chose to let know would know; not everyone in the country who follows college sports.

Better to keep your mouth shut and let everyone believe you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Jun 13, 2012, 5:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Dabo ]

They should have done that with some of their players. But they chose to put a lock and chain around the fridge.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

I do not care what Coot radio has to say.

Jun 13, 2012, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Dabo ]

I will never base my actions on their opinions, nor should Dabo.

They are waiting to see what Dabo will do because of all of their OWN problems. Maybe criticizing us will make them feel better about being who they are. That is normally how low life's are.
And in the end, it does not matter what Dabo does, they will criticize him. So I am not worried about it.

FIRE SWOFFORD, SAVE THE ACC

Jun 13, 2012, 12:19 AM

We have the history and tradition to be a great football conference. I can't believe some of you can't see that. As soon as the ACC starts winning again, the money will follow. I promise... and believe it or not, one of these days, Swofford will be history.

He shouldn't miss a game

Jun 13, 2012, 6:29 AM

He's a good dedicated kid, everybody should get a break. I know I have had a few in my lifetime. I think he has already learned his lesson through all this press and board talk.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic