Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting reading....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Interesting reading....

May 14, 2012, 10:22 AM

I don't know anything about this "Honus, the Dude, Sneed" guy. Never heard of him till this all came out. I do know that he called the value of both the Big XII TV deal and ACC TV deal in January...

Whether to believe or not is up to you... I don't know... but it's interesting reading...

http://twitter.com/#!/thedudeofwv

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Interesting reading....

May 14, 2012, 10:45 AM

Some West Virginia fan. So, he's obviously got a dog in the hunt, as WV folks are wanting to see this mass exodus from the ACC to the B12 in order to shore up their geographic flank.

I wonder how he knows that Tech reached out to the B12?

I started researching the guy some last week when his name

May 14, 2012, 10:57 AM

came up in a lot of places...

he's been right about things before

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

OK...

May 14, 2012, 11:13 AM

Well, I'd take what he says with a grain of salt for now.

When the FSU BOT guy came out against the TV deal, that signaled a change in this whole affair. I thought all of this FSU to B12 stuff was a bunch of bunk. And I still don't think it will happen. But if the BOT and the HC are talking about it, then it can't be dismissed out of hand.

My biggest fear in all of this is that Georgia Tech would be left in the hollowed-out shell of an ACC without Clemson or FSU. We've all generally voted as a block over time. And if something happens to break us up, I hope Tech scrambles and finds a good conference. And I know you're thinking the same thing wrt Clemson.

If FSU leaves, there will be other dominos to fall. I hope they stay and that we can all get together, boot Swofford, and re-work this ACC TV deal. But I'm not holding my breath.

I would love for GT and Miami to follow suit and create a

May 14, 2012, 11:20 AM

14 team Big XII...

Eastern Division would be:

WVU
Clemson
FSU
GT
Miami
KSTATE
KU

Go ahead to 16 and

May 14, 2012, 11:25 AM

bring along South Florida and Louisville or East Carolina. Add them to the East division and let the 8 true BIG 12 teams be the West division.

Here's my thoughts on that:

May 14, 2012, 11:36 AM [ in reply to I would love for GT and Miami to follow suit and create a ]

If it came down to it, and the B12 was all we had available, I'd be all for the divisional lineup you just mentioned.

But my top choice is keeping the ACC as is, and jumbling the divisions into a north/south setup, so that we can put together a schedule that accentuates local rivalries.

My second choice would be working a deal for Tech to join the SEC....and that only kicks in IF the ACC starts to collapse.

My third choice is to go whever Clemson/FSU wind up, even if in the B12. I'd hate to see it come to that. But it would be better than seeing us get left behind in a watered-down Big Least/ACC.

York: the guy who's nailed everything is

May 14, 2012, 11:23 AM

the Greg Swaim guy... he's been around for a while.

https://twitter.com/#!/GSwaim

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER- http://twitter.com/#!/SonsOfClemson

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic