Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's official, TNET has become FGF!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

It's official, TNET has become FGF!

May 12, 2012, 12:23 PM

I have been saying it for years, but the ignorant hypocritical insanity on here regarding Sammy has finally sealed the deal.

Congratulations!

"We're Clemson, we're better than that" was always stupid, but now it's complete garbage!

Fortunately, I think Dabo does have sincere motives and ethics, and as such will do what's best and right for Sammy, the team, recruits, the football program, Clemson, and for Dabo, which is suspend Sammy for at least the Auburn game. I'll respect him even more if he sits Sammy for 2 or 3 games. If I were HC I would. It would send a very clear message and solve a lot of future problems and get Clemson and Dabo a lot of positive press. If Dabo does the right thing he'll take a negative situation and turn it into positive for everyone.

Stop making lame excuses. Stop rationalizing and justifying the inexcusable. Sammy is guilty and needs to face the consequences and this can be turned into a lesson and positive for everyone if Dabo does the right thing.

Message was edited by: Lowcountry_Raconteur®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's official, you're a joke!

May 12, 2012, 12:27 PM

I know, I know, I'm stating the already known obvious with my subject line, but anyway, your latest contrived fantasy is awaiting some real answers...

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=1103119&messageID=12207593#12207593

Re: It's official, you're a joke!

May 12, 2012, 1:11 PM

meh that has been official for a really long time.

Anyone who has to change user names constantly is a joke.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I changed my username years ago after leaving florida

May 12, 2012, 1:33 PM

since fla was part of the name, i changed blue caddy cause i never did really like it, but you have an a-hole so you are welcome to an ignorant opinion.

Re: I changed my username years ago after leaving florida

May 12, 2012, 1:35 PM

So you have changed 3 times... yep you are a pathetic loser.

null

lol ignorant. i changed it 2x over a 10+ year period for

May 12, 2012, 1:41 PM

completely valid reasons.

Re: lol ignorant. i changed it 2x over a 10+ year period for

May 12, 2012, 2:02 PM

getting your feelings hurt and being hated by the whole board is a valid reason?

null

Moving out of fla and not liking a name thought up by an

May 12, 2012, 2:08 PM

ex-gf are.

Re: Moving out of fla and not liking a name thought up by an

May 12, 2012, 2:52 PM

sure you didn't also go by charleston tom? you two write/speak an awful lot alike. just wondering.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah cause you got tired of being called blue cootie

May 12, 2012, 3:40 PM [ in reply to lol ignorant. i changed it 2x over a 10+ year period for ]

now you're just plain coot

Blue Caddy is 1000 times better of a name than Lowcountry...

May 12, 2012, 2:06 PM [ in reply to I changed my username years ago after leaving florida ]

Raconteur

Both are free team forums.

May 12, 2012, 12:33 PM

Did you really just figure that out?

We're pretty much just as delusional except we can't see it because we look through our orange colored glasses.

Of course, there are a higher number of lower IQ ppl who are #####.

Some of us are rational and objective. Biased to a degree

May 12, 2012, 1:36 PM

but not delusional or beholden to the kool aid or tinted glasses.

Re: Some of us are rational and objective. Biased to a degree

May 12, 2012, 1:36 PM

You are neither of the first two things.

null

What about your Danny Ford colored glasses….

May 12, 2012, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Some of us are rational and objective. Biased to a degree ]

you still can't get past an era that ended 22 years ago.

You are clueless and have no idea what I think. I've seen

May 12, 2012, 2:10 PM

enough of your liberal rants on the politics board to know your logic and thought processes are so flawed that you wouldn't know the truth if water boarded by it!

It's official! Everyone here has and always will hate you***

May 12, 2012, 12:38 PM

Why do you constantly have this delusion that people care what you have to say?

How does it feel to be less respected than HouseCoot?

1st I don't concern myself with others opinions of me, I

May 12, 2012, 1:40 PM

have never lived my life like a popularity contest. Yet I still have plenty of friends b/c I am honest, sincere, and have ethics. 2nd I sleep perfectly fine knowing ignorant hypocrites on here judge me, hate me, while pontificating their Christianity. I prefer being right than popular on a silly message board. 3rd you must care what I think, none of you block or ignore me and can't wait to bash me despite the facts.

I have a question for you

May 12, 2012, 12:42 PM

since you apparantly know everything thats best for everybody.

How does sitting him for the Auburn game not punish the whole team instead of just him? Say we lose to Auburn without Sammy on the field, and then we win the rest of the games on our schedule (hypothetically speaking) is it fair to the other 84 guys on the team who may or may not have done the same exact thing Sammy did to miss out on a trip to a national championship?

Could you not make an example of him by having him run before, during, and/or after practice while everybody else is watching him gasp for air?
Who knows, maybe even some teammates will want to support him and run with him?

Im not for or against his punishment, why would i worry about something i cant change? His punishment is up to Dabo and thats all there is to it. But in this day and age in football, having a little weed on you really isnt viewed as that big of a deal. Look at whats happened at Ohio State recently, UNC, Miami, South Carolina, even GT. whether you like it or not, the world doesnt see marijuana as a big deal anymore, especially the youth.

It punishes him greatly

May 12, 2012, 1:12 PM

First, let me say whatever Dabo decides to do will be fine by me. On a team that hadn't been having a ton of run ins with the law I trust the coach to do whatever he decides he needs to do in order to assure this isn't the first of a string of offenses. Dabo will not be judged (by me) based on any single punishment, but rather by his ability to impress upon the team that this will not be tolerated going forward.

As to the actual issue of the pot, it is simply illegal. He knew it and he got caught. No reason to pretend it was not an offense and not should it be deemed acceptable. I have no problem legalizing it, but for now it is illegal.

And to the OP's original point it should not be excused. But also, nor should we assume the worst. The OP repeatedly asserted earlier that Sammy was driving while impaired, which is conjecture on his part. Treating conjecture as fact is outright silly.

But as to your point of who is punished with Sammy sitting a game out the answer is everyone. But that is the way it works in team sports. The coaches will be punished, the team will be punished, and the player will be punished if Dabo chooses to sit Sammy out. And each of them know and understand that equation. I'm not demonizing Sammy, but the fact that the team may be punished because if his actions is on him. He knew it beforehand and chose to do something illegal. It doesn't make him a bad person, but it is still on him.

And if he is held out of the game it will be a strong punishment to him as he clearly wants to be out there competing. And from a different angle it will be one less nationally televised game for him to display his talents towards the next level and possible major college awards.

Whatever Dabo does will be fine by me, and you don't have to demonize or excuse Sammy for that to be true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's it.***

May 12, 2012, 1:32 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I have repeatedly written it is a moot point whether Sammy

May 12, 2012, 2:07 PM [ in reply to It punishes him greatly ]

was impaired or not, but common sense and logic, as well as the actions of the police, dictate that Sammy was most likely, probably, I'd bet a million dollars on it, impaired! If he smoked pot, he was impaired. Period. Fact. The cops could smell pot when the windows were lowered, which can only happen if pot was smoked in the car. It is Sammy's car. The odds of only the passenger smoking pot and not Sammy are extremely low. Is it possible? Yes. Is it probable? No. Logic and common sense dictate Sammy was most likely impaired. Hitting the curb is further evidence to support that thesis. I drove all over Clemson drunk as a skunk in the 80s, as did most drinkers in the 80s, and I never hit a curb. Did it drunk in the rain, drunk in the snow. Arguing that Sammy was definitely not impaired flies in the face of logic.

so marijuana has no smell until it is lit on fire?***

May 12, 2012, 2:27 PM

Are you really that ignorant? A small amount of pot will not

May 12, 2012, 2:34 PM

be enough to smell standing outside a car unless some has been smoked in the car. I could sit next to you with a kilo of pot wrapped and in a bookbag and you wouldn't smell anything. And un-smoked pot smells different than smoked pot.

so where in the police report did the officer say

May 12, 2012, 3:12 PM

he smelled "smoked pot"

Re: so where in the police report did the officer say

May 12, 2012, 3:49 PM

it doesn't matter what the report says, just what blue cootie says

Re: Man you need to drop the common sense thing. You

May 12, 2012, 2:35 PM [ in reply to I have repeatedly written it is a moot point whether Sammy ]

don't qualify.

Re: Man you need to drop the common sense thing. You

May 12, 2012, 3:16 PM

and he's not even book-smart. that is a bad case of da right there.

no player is bigger than the team. You win and lose as a

May 12, 2012, 1:13 PM [ in reply to I have a question for you ]

team

sammy decided to put the team 2nd when he had drugs. Getting caught was not the crime. Now he must pay the price and be suspended.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think my post was misunderstood

May 12, 2012, 1:21 PM

Im not saying he shouldnt sit out any games, and i realize its a team sport and that he let the team down and he has to live with that.

I expect a 1-3 game suspension but would be surprised if its anything more than 3 games

my opinion, it should be 2....the 1st 2, then

May 12, 2012, 2:55 PM

let him get in football shape the 3rd game for the rest of the season.

He should stay on probation, the rest of yr. What he did was stupid and should be punished, a 2nd time would be bad news, but you hold that over him for the season

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is a big deal, Even in California they voted against

May 12, 2012, 1:58 PM [ in reply to I have a question for you ]

making it legal. 2nd who cares what other teams do, they put winning before doing what's right. This is what makes you folk such hypocrites. You bash other schools for putting winning before ethics and the best interests of the kids and school. You praise Dabo & TB for being good christian men and running the program the right way. You folks claim our image, integrity, and the welfare of our kids come before winning. Yet the first time we find ourselves in a similar situation as other schools you hypocrites throw every ounce of integrity out the window and put winning first.

3rd, you win and lose as a team, being selfish is not allowed. Using an excuse like it hurts the team and other players if we suspend a player that broke the rules is a lame excuse and has never been acceptable to people with ethics. Peer pressure is a large part of maintaining discipline. Suspending Sammy sends a clear message to Sammy and the team and recruits that breaking rules at Clemson has consequences and will not be tolerated.

One more thing, this board loves to toot its horn over David Rodriguez. Part of why he picked Clemson was b/c we are family and put family & ethics ahead of winning. I'm sure in his eyes letting Sammy play without being suspended would be very disappointing and hurt his image of Clemson and Dabo.

so you dont think we should care what other teams do

May 12, 2012, 2:25 PM

but we should base our view on marijuana on whether or not California voted to make it legal?

you say "you folk" like you dont want to associate yourself with Tigernet, if thats the case, then why do you? why not just leave?
And if you think were comparing ourselves to other schools based on the same situation, I think a 1-3 game suspension (see my above post) would be more than what other schools would/have done.

You can see my above post for your 3rd point also.

and as for your "one more thing".. Its Daniel Rodriguez, not David, so before you start claiming you know how he feels about the situation, atleast get his name right

No, we should not use other schools as an example, in fact,

May 12, 2012, 2:43 PM

seeing how their slack discipline enables and leads to more problems, we should do the exact opposite.

David/Daniel that was a mental mistake that is meaningless. He is a man of integrity and I hope he isn't reading all the stupid stuff on TNET about Sammy because it will hurt his view of Clemson fans. I'd be willing to bet huge on that! Rules are rules, break the rules you get punished. Period.

I wonder what his view on marijuana is then

May 12, 2012, 3:14 PM

who knows, maybe he doesnt see it as that big of a deal either

Re: Heck, we can have David on the weed in a week if CU

May 12, 2012, 2:37 PM [ in reply to It is a big deal, Even in California they voted against ]

is as bad as you picture it.

Re: It's official, TNET has become FGF!

May 12, 2012, 1:12 PM

that is true, but...
what if clemson loses the auburn game by one point. clemson goes undefeated the rest of the year, tajh boyd and nuke go pro at the end of the year and clemson isnt a contender for 3 more years. not likely but is is possible.
regardless if clemson loses the game it will be dabo who gets the blame, not sammy

Our OL is probably going to suck this year like every year

May 12, 2012, 2:15 PM

so such assumptions are asinine. We are only marginally more competitive now than when Dabo took over. Any talk of national titles is stupid until we learn how to not get pushed around by the Woffords & Wakes of college football, or stop getting spanked by lousy teams like NC State, or punk'd by mediocre USC and Big East teams. Let's learn to run without tripping over our own feet before we start expecting to win the Boston Marathon.

Message was edited by: Lowcountry_Raconteur®

May 12, 2012, 1:23 PM

More than a 1 game suspension is absurd

May 12, 2012, 1:39 PM

Just relax Dabo is the only one who can decide what or if anything needs or don't need to be done

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2012, 1:51 PM

Im as relaxed as you get....

Not at all. That's your opinion.***

May 12, 2012, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: It's official, TNET has become FGF! ]

There's a lot of time between now and the season's start

May 12, 2012, 1:56 PM

to determine punishment. I could easily see Dabo not making any type of disciplinary announcement until the week before the opener. That would actually allow for prudence and monitoring Sammy's actions over the summer.

Our odds against Auburn with our without Sammy will not be a factor. If you had any clue as to what kind of man Dabo Swinney is you'd know that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What Sammy does between now and then has nothing to do with

May 12, 2012, 2:19 PM

it. He screwed up and needs and will probably be suspended for at least 1 game.

So you don't think the coaching staff is going to discipline

May 12, 2012, 2:43 PM

Sammy at all during the summer? The number one objective is to ensure that Sammy learns from the mistake he made and doesn't put himself in a position to make that kind of decision again, as well as serve to further strengthen the team's overall character. Maybe by the end of summer it will also be a suspension. Perhaps a game, perhaps more, perhaps he simply won't start or will be forced to sit a half. Maybe he won't miss any time. Either way, I fully trust Dabo and the staff to do what's best.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He should be punished this summer but he should also be

May 12, 2012, 2:47 PM

in street clothes vs. Auburn. Going out and being Super I'm Sorry Sammy all summer is too little too late. Besides, TNET has been screaming for years that unless Spurrier makes Garcia or other kids sit out games then he isn't really punishing bad behavior. I agree. Sammy has to sit. If I were HC it would be at least 2 games, maybe 3.

give it a rest Blue Caddy***

May 12, 2012, 2:01 PM

Re: And you get more confused as the years roll on.***

May 12, 2012, 2:32 PM

I like how you take what a certain group says

May 12, 2012, 3:31 PM

and places it as what the whole board thinks. I have said he should miss atleast the AU game.The majority that I have seen has been for missing games. Also you'd hope it does become fgf as you'd be right at home. Check all the crap you spew on here before pointing at others.

I would imagine half of those promoting no punishment

May 12, 2012, 5:29 PM

anyway are coot trolls.

No because if this were FGF you'd have been banned by now****

May 12, 2012, 5:41 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic