Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Peake aiming to take game to another level in 2012
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Peake aiming to take game to another level in 2012

Apr 17, 2012, 12:16 PM

Peake aiming to take game to another level in 2012

Wide receiver Charone Peake caught just four passes during his freshman campaign, but hard work and a new attitude have him aiming higher in 2012. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looking forward to it, Charone!

Apr 17, 2012, 12:25 PM

This kid already has the physical build and natural talent to be a major college receiver. Once he puts it all together, he'll be a major threat.

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Re: Looking forward to it, Charone!

Apr 18, 2012, 7:56 AM

We absolutely have a scary amount of talent on this team,not just offensively...I have a feeling this will be a truly special 2012 for Tiger Nation.

When he puts it together no one will touch us at WR

Apr 17, 2012, 12:34 PM

Samy, Nuk, Bryant, Peake, Brown, Humphries, Hooper.

Any of these players would probably be starting at any school in the country and our prolbem is figuring out who to throw the ball to. 80 snaps a game might not be enough to get them all a few catches especially with our RB.

Fact is that any DB lined up against us should be praying that their DL gets some pressure because if they don't and Tajh has time to throw they'll get burned, badly.

another aspect to this I've been thinking about

Apr 17, 2012, 12:42 PM

our guys who have to cover this tandem also grow and develop their games in practice. each of these guys has some specific strengths that not all the other w/r's have. It has got to help with secondary and LB development on D also

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the O-Line is decent, we will dominate teams this yr...

Apr 17, 2012, 1:02 PM

We are soooo nasty at WR. We have 5 stars waiting in the wings. No other school can say that at WR.

They say that Darius Robinson is getting better

Apr 17, 2012, 1:18 PM [ in reply to another aspect to this I've been thinking about ]

because he has to play Sammy all the time. No better way to work on your skills then to line up against arguably the best WR in the country

Re: Darius Robinson is getting better- nice to hear

Apr 17, 2012, 1:21 PM

I've never been that big on Hootie and the Blowfish though. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Darius Robinson is getting better- nice to hear

Apr 17, 2012, 5:24 PM

You're thinking of Darius Rucker haha

No doubt....I wonder how many times he's been burned

Apr 17, 2012, 2:48 PM [ in reply to They say that Darius Robinson is getting better ]

on the double move in practice? Ha! :)

Sammy's signature double move burns EVERYONE!***

Apr 18, 2012, 7:58 AM

arguably? Who's arguing it?!***

Apr 18, 2012, 1:26 PM [ in reply to They say that Darius Robinson is getting better ]

Teams will have to take our quarterback out of his game by

Apr 17, 2012, 2:17 PM [ in reply to When he puts it together no one will touch us at WR ]

confusing him.

When teams did that last year, we didn't recover and adapt quickly. It seemed we continued to rely on a confused quarterback instead of placing more emphasis on our running game. Perhaps the coaches didn't have confidence in our running game.

I want to see how we react to that next year and see if we've developed our running game to the point where we may rely on it more in times like that and at the end of games when we need the clock to run.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our running game is

Apr 17, 2012, 9:25 PM

still struggling with short yards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I don't think anyone can touch us at the WR position....

Apr 17, 2012, 2:47 PM [ in reply to When he puts it together no one will touch us at WR ]

especially depth wise. You're absolutely correct. If opposing DL's don't get pressure we'll be fine. Only thing that worries me is our OL and when Tajh gets rattled he struggles. Hopefully the coaches work with him on this.

As long as Boyd can work through his progression

Apr 17, 2012, 4:08 PM [ in reply to When he puts it together no one will touch us at WR ]

Tahj seemed to lock in too early too often last year. That could have been o-line related, but he has to get it in his brain that throwing to the wide open 4th receiver is better than forcing it to a double-covered Watkins.

If Boyd can learn to check through the progression and take what is open, the effect is spreading the ball around, which will mean anyone foolish enough to double team any receiver is going to get burned.

Failure to check down will mean double-coverage on Watkins or Nuk could be effective.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tore me up to watch him drop that wide open TD pass vs BC

Apr 17, 2012, 1:15 PM

last year. I know he was probably hard on himself after that one as well. Glad to see him using it as fuel to be even better and find himself competing for one of those open spots this season! Good Luck Charone!

Not everyone can have a breakout season.

Apr 17, 2012, 2:40 PM

Only 1 football to go around... wouldn't be surprised to see Sammy's numbers drop significantly too due to all the talent around him.

I think early on Sammy's numbers won't be that great...all

Apr 17, 2012, 2:51 PM

focus will be on him. Others will certainly make an impact and hopefully open it up for Sammy and Nuk. Also remember Nuk didn't really get going until late last year when others were game planning for Sammy.

These threads have me getting pumped for Football season!!!

Amazing Turnaround at WR

Apr 17, 2012, 7:47 PM

It's amazing how fast the WR position has improved at Clemson. In 2010 it seemed like a freshman named Nuke was the only WR that could catch a ball.

Re: Front Page Story: Peake aiming to take game to another level in 2012

Apr 18, 2012, 10:22 AM

With all the focus on the wrs I expect Ford to go off. Also the passing game should open up the running game this year.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic