Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tigers land commitment from one of nation's best linebackers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Tigers land commitment from one of nation's best linebackers

Apr 14, 2012, 11:13 PM

Tigers land commitment from one of nation's best linebackers

Dorian O’Daniel chose the Tigers over 30 other offers, and said that Venables and his track record with linebackers was a big draw. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Tigers land commitment from one of nation's best linebackers

Apr 14, 2012, 11:23 PM

Yes! He's the one we wanted, that means Kendall Fuller could more than likely follow him. Imagine Travis Blanks and Kendall Fuller in the same secondary.... legendary.

Re: Front Page Story: Tigers land commitment from one of nation's best linebackers

Apr 14, 2012, 11:30 PM

"It was a really great atmosphere out there today,” he said. “I was thinking to myself that it was pretty loud for a spring game, so I bet it is really loud for a regular season game.”

Oh Dorian, you have no idea.

This is Clemson!

Apr 14, 2012, 11:32 PM

If you don't get goose bumps every game you aren't a true fan. He will experience that feeling of having 80,000 die hard fans cheering for the boys in orange soon enough.

HUGE get for the Tigers!

Apr 14, 2012, 11:36 PM

O'Daniel's going to be an absolute monster under Venables' tutelage.

Hopefully Kendall Fuller follows suit.

Agree. And seems like a good kid too.

Apr 15, 2012, 3:48 PM

Go TIGERS!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree. And seems like a good kid too.

Apr 16, 2012, 9:22 AM

...We went down for the spring game and stayed at the Martin Inn. I'm not sure if all of the recruits stay at the Martin Inn, but the O'Daniels did.

We saw the O'Daniels at breakfast at the Martin Inn and later that evening at dinner over at the Season's restaurant at the Martin Inn.

At breakfast on Saturday, my wife, who formerly went to the University of Florida was able to talk to Dorian's mother. My wife is very much a "helicopter mom" wrt my son, and she doesn't hide her opinions of making sure my son is surrounded by the right people. While talking to Dorian's mom, my wife really sold the Clemson environment, family, and people that her son would be around if he chose Clemson and not leaving much to the imagination regarding where he would be at if he landed in Gainesville!

Her last comment to Mrs. O'Daniel was "...if it were my son, and I had a choice to send him to Clemson or Florida, I'd send him to Clemson!"

On Sunday morning, again at breakfast at the Martin Inn, my wife again saw the O'Daniels and coaches who were all congratulating them on the commitment from Dorian. My wife wandered over the also offer her congratulations. Dorian's mom then mentioned to the coaches that "...here is the mom I was telling you about last night that was telling me about Florida!"

Well after all of this, even though he isn't quite on the roster, Dorian O'Daniel is now my wife's favorite Clemson player, feeling a personal sense of mother-to-mother bonding in the recruitment of O'Daniel!

I'm just shaking my head through it all!

:)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Maybe Dabo needs to put her on staff***

Apr 16, 2012, 9:30 AM

Apr 14, 2012, 11:48 PM

Fuller will commit before the summer is over

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is fuller the one who wore the tiger paw

Apr 14, 2012, 11:55 PM

eye black stickers last year in a tv high school game? I was thinking there was a top db from this school that was showing a liking for CU

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe Dabo needs to put her on staff***

Apr 16, 2012, 9:36 AM

I'll second that. Probably an angle not many other places utilize. Gotta listen to momma

Confused about a couple of things with this class....

Apr 16, 2012, 12:27 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about O'Daniel. I think he and Boulware are two future starters from this class and I hope we land Bryant. But we wasted an offer on Greenlee...I guess his father's connection to Batson counted as a "favor". We've got 4 LB's in this class, with another 3(?) offers out there. Are we switching to a 2-7-2 scheme or something?? We really need DE/DT/CB in this class and think we should back off signing anymore LB's at this point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

i believe neal is slated for de and i'm sure the staff will

Apr 16, 2012, 12:32 PM

manage the numbers that count against the 2013 class; there are ways to do this within the rules.

i still have no idea if greenlee is a 'favor', don't care if he is to be honest, but if he is, i doubt he'll cost the staff a top target at any of the needs still on board because of the lack of a scholly to give.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i believe neal is slated for de and i'm sure the staff will

Apr 16, 2012, 12:44 PM

My point was, at least fill the urgent needs and if we have to burn a scholly, so be it if the player's a bust. I think we should honor our promises. But to offer a guy we already know won't have a chance to crack our starting linebacking corps....just makes no sense given this class is small as it is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

ok, you're convinced he's a 'favor'; they can greyshirt him

Apr 16, 2012, 12:46 PM

he will not count against 2013. that's just one option if he is in fact a 'gift'.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Dabo knows his team better than you***

Apr 16, 2012, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Confused about a couple of things with this class.... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: i believe neal is slated for de and i'm sure the staff will

Apr 16, 2012, 1:27 PM

I wouldn't fret too much. I was thinking about this the other day, but linebackers out of high school can easily play several different positions in college (DE, S, whatever) and as long as we're bringing in athletic players it won't really matter what position they were recruited at. We have plenty of young players as it is, so the chance that someone not on O'Daniel's level cracks the lineup within the next two years is probably pretty far-fetched.

Go Tigers

The

Apr 16, 2012, 2:10 PM

One LB thats 6'5 is going to De

I like the big smile vs. a gangsta' scowl

Apr 16, 2012, 3:04 PM

I have noticed that most of Clemson's recruits lately sport big smiles instead of the ole' University of Miami gangsta' scowl. It seems that Clemson pays a lot of attention to character as well as athletic ability. You gotta' love a guy that smiles and excels in class off the field, and puts the opposition on their cans on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic