Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just when i thought SC fans were most ignorant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,451

Just when i thought SC fans were most ignorant

Apr 11, 2012, 5:27 PM

People, I see this
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/obama-agency-rules-pepsi-use-of-aborted-fetus-is-ordinary-business

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Curious who you consider the ignorant ones...PepsiCo or

Apr 11, 2012, 5:53 PM

those that oppose their research ?

Not a set-up question, I was just wondering which side you were referring to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a couple of points: a fetus is not a "child."

Apr 11, 2012, 6:06 PM

Not legally. Not morally. Second: I call bull&^% on any article that references aborted fetuses while providing a file photo of a six-month old baby. As an English professor, I'm really, really touchy about having cheap rhetorical propoganda substitute itself for actual logos.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What book of moral code gives you the right to claim blanket

Apr 11, 2012, 6:13 PM

morality on any subject ? That is not only moronic, but begs quite an assumption on your part.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, if you're "really, really touchy", you might want to

Apr 11, 2012, 6:15 PM [ in reply to a couple of points: a fetus is not a "child." ]

stay away from this board...you'll definitely leave injured.

you lost me at "English professor."***

Apr 11, 2012, 6:38 PM [ in reply to a couple of points: a fetus is not a "child." ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: a couple of points: a fetus is not a "child."

Apr 11, 2012, 6:48 PM [ in reply to a couple of points: a fetus is not a "child." ]

You would think an English professor wouldn't claim moral OPINIONS as fact.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 11, 2012, 6:52 PM

He said that the Fetus was legally not a child. This is not a moral opinion, it is a legal Fact. Feel Free to express your own opinions, but please don't attack those people attempting to express their own, or attempting to provide feedback on the subject.

Apr 11, 2012, 6:56 PM

See the thing in between "not legally" and "not morally". That little thing is a period. Which means it is a separate statement.

null

Apr 11, 2012, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Re: a couple of points: a fetus is not a "child." ]

stalk away

null

There is no "logo." There is a photo of a baby wearing

Apr 11, 2012, 6:57 PM [ in reply to a couple of points: a fetus is not a "child." ]

a button. There is a button with a photo and some type placed on a 6 month old. As a designer, I hate when people use graphic design terminology incorrectly.

Not flaming, but if we're stating pet peeves...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he was gibbering in Greek there.***

Apr 11, 2012, 7:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Yes it is.***

Apr 11, 2012, 7:06 PM [ in reply to a couple of points: a fetus is not a "child." ]

Apr 11, 2012, 7:33 PM [ in reply to a couple of points: a fetus is not a "child." ]

Not everyone would agree with your point that a fetus is not a child. I would not try to impose my feelings on others but if Pepsi is using fetus as indicated by this article I would quit drinking Pepsi products although I prefer them to Coke any day.

I'm not sure it's a cheap rhetorical trick.

Apr 12, 2012, 10:07 AM [ in reply to a couple of points: a fetus is not a "child." ]

I'm a secular humanist, but as a humanist, I cannot turn my head away from the fact that the more we know and learn about human fetal development, the more we realize that they experience, at surprisingly early stages, awfully human sensations.

The goal of any objective morality should be to strive to avoid human suffering.

Yea, those militant pro-lifers are pretty nutty at times.***

Apr 12, 2012, 10:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Babby flavored Pepsi....That sounds delicious!***

Apr 12, 2012, 10:57 AM

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,451
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic