Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Phillips confirms Georgia series with Clemson in 2013 and 2014
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Phillips confirms Georgia series with Clemson in 2013 and 2014

Mar 30, 2012, 5:31 PM

Phillips confirms Georgia series with Clemson in 2013 and 2014

Clemson Athletic Director Terry Don Phillips told TigerNet Friday afternoon that Clemson's home-and-home series with Georgia in 2013 and 2014 will happen, saying, “Bottom line is this- we are going to play Georgia." Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good glad to hear it

Mar 30, 2012, 5:35 PM

Should play them every year in every sport

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so they'll just jack up ticket prices to cover the budget.

Mar 30, 2012, 5:40 PM

make the same on six games as seven. Still glad to see them keep GA on the schedule. I'm in the "Play them every year" camp.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, just charge like 100 bucks for SCar tix. That game

Mar 30, 2012, 5:50 PM

will still most likely sell out or be very close to it.

Also in 2013, you could sell FSU tix for about 90 or 100 bucks and get close to a sell out.

You'd think that the premium ticket price in 2013 for UGA

Mar 31, 2012, 10:06 AM [ in reply to so they'll just jack up ticket prices to cover the budget. ]

would at least get close to covering the "Furman" type price that the extra game in 2014 would have.

Re: Front Page Story: Phillips confirms Georgia series with Clemson in 2013 and 2014

Mar 30, 2012, 6:26 PM

This is good news, as they are a quality opponent. I had much rather play a good team that will gain us some respect if we win, rather than playing one where there is no respect to be earned by winning, and unless we stomp them, which we rarely do, we will do nothing for our program, nor our reputation. Granted some of the younger players may get more playing time in a small program game, but very little else to be gained, IMHO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its only two games, will only be disappointing again once

Mar 30, 2012, 8:25 PM

the games are done. Now if it is a permanent or more frequent game agreement that would be exciting.

Great News! UGA is by far most important out of conf rival!***

Mar 30, 2012, 10:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh, NO.

Mar 31, 2012, 10:02 PM

So. Car. is the most important. Besides, we play them EVERY year, which is what true rivals do.

CU needs to think bigger. Bring the Tide to Death Valley!!!

Mar 30, 2012, 11:20 PM

Even something that Howard had trouble committing the Bear to. No one wanted to come play us. Back then, Clemson rarely got to play such teams at home in the Valley. It was always an odds stacked against us away game. The Georgia series was great when both teams were perennial Top 10 teams, but that series is so defunct now.

Time to turn the d@mn corner. I would rather get a shot at Alabama, maybe even LSU or OU that we never get to play. Exciting, gritty, and a win or even a loss actually means more.

Excellent. That is the right decision for Clemson.***

Mar 31, 2012, 2:00 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LBU told you guys TDP is the man...***

Mar 31, 2012, 10:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank You!!!***

Mar 31, 2012, 10:39 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great news, but sadly this might be the last home and home***

Mar 31, 2012, 4:47 PM

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I agree. After those 2, we won't play unless it's in a bowl.

Mar 31, 2012, 10:04 PM

I'm very happy to be wrong. I thought TDP would kill series***

Mar 31, 2012, 8:31 PM

Re: I'm very happy to be wrong. I thought TDP would kill series***

Mar 31, 2012, 8:37 PM

just wondering if you will be one of the ones calling for someones head if it doesnt work out on the field

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends what you mean by "doesn't work out on the field"

Apr 2, 2012, 5:13 AM

If Clemson plays a good game against a good opponenent (win or lose) I can live with that. If Clemson plays poorly or unprepared and gets whupped (like against NCSU, SCARx3, or WVU) then I might be calling for heads.

Danny Ford only won about half of his games against teams that finished in the Top 25, but at least Clemson played competitively. Dabo is 0-5 against non-con teams that finished in the Top 25 and most of those loses have not embarrassing.

Typo: have been.***

Apr 2, 2012, 5:16 AM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic