Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Watkins says last year doesn't matter, working to be even better in 2012
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Watkins says last year doesn't matter, working to be even better in 2012

Mar 29, 2012, 1:36 PM

Watkins says last year doesn't matter, working to be even better in 2012

Sammy Watkins became a household name in 2011, setting records and seemingly making a highlight-worthy play every time he touched the ball, but said Wednesday he just wants to get better. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sammy is the definition of swag

Mar 29, 2012, 2:07 PM

Last year doesn't matter. Past accomplishments don't matter. The only thing that matters is getting better and helping the team win. Stay hungry and stay humble and you have swag.

I loved his comments at the end. He doesn't care what the new rule is. He knows that if oyu give him any kind of crease then just like CJ he is gone and catch him if you can!

Can't wait to see what he can do next year. We're talking about a guy that lost some weight, added some muscle and might be FASTER then he was last year!

Add to that that Nuk is both stronger and fast and a better player then he was for the past two years and I think we have the best one, two punch at WR in the country.

Re: Sammy is the definition of swag

Mar 29, 2012, 2:09 PM

Sammy has already become my #2 fav tiger just right behind THE woodrow dantzler

And Fittingly,

Mar 29, 2012, 2:30 PM

Dantzler's jersey is #1 and Watkins's is #2. :)

Why didn't we retire Dantzler's jersey?***

Mar 29, 2012, 2:33 PM

Re: Why didn't we retire Dantzler's jersey?***

Mar 30, 2012, 11:16 AM

That's a d*mn good question. Maybe #1 is just too popular a number. He definitely deserves to be in the Ring Of Honor though. One of my all-time favorite players.

CJ Spiller retired #

Apr 1, 2012, 12:42 AM [ in reply to Why didn't we retire Dantzler's jersey?*** ]

Spiller should have name and # on the actual stadium between lower and upper deck!!!!!! # 2 in NCAA HX for all purpose yardage. All purpose yards equal all around player. Like Sammy Watkins will be if he stays 4 full yrs.

Re: And Fittingly,

Mar 29, 2012, 2:41 PM [ in reply to And Fittingly, ]

Ha thats pretty good I didnt even think about that and to poster below...I have wondered that myself(although for the record Im not one for retiring jersey numbers) Would like to see Woody in the ring of honor

Would love to see a KR/PR duo of Sammy and Mike......

Mar 29, 2012, 2:47 PM

That combo has the potential to be as lethal as Spiller and Ford were. I thought Mike did a good job returning kicks early in the year. Not sure why they took him out of that.

Mike couldn't hold onto the ball on a regular play

Mar 29, 2012, 2:54 PM

on a KO where the defenders are taught to lay the wood as hard as they can? I'm glad he took him from back there though I believe that we could have had someone other than Jaron Brown. He's not that fast. Sammy and Bryant or Peake might have been interesting.

Re: Mike couldn't hold onto the ball on a regular play

Mar 29, 2012, 3:13 PM

I never understood why jaron brown was back there....cant remember what game it was but jaron took a ko and had it been someone faster it wouldve been a td

was the UNC game. and yea bellamy will be a KO returner...

Mar 29, 2012, 7:28 PM

whenever he proves he can have hands.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Watkins says last year doesn't matter, working to be even better in 2012

Mar 29, 2012, 3:18 PM

Very fine young man, sounds like he's on a mission, got to love it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It matters to those who paid thousands to see 70-33.

Mar 29, 2012, 3:55 PM

We expect more, and we are hopeful that this year will be different.

Need a tissue?

Mar 29, 2012, 4:55 PM

His comments are exactly what you should want to hear but all you can do is complain. I bet if you won the lottery all you would do is complain about the taxes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right to blame

Mar 29, 2012, 4:59 PM [ in reply to It matters to those who paid thousands to see 70-33. ]

him for giving up 70 points. Clearly he wasn't trying hard enough on defense.

Re: It matters to those who paid thousands to see 70-33.

Mar 30, 2012, 9:35 AM [ in reply to It matters to those who paid thousands to see 70-33. ]

Dude, that's in the past. We learn from our mistakes and move on. Also, you can't realistically hold Sammy accountable for the defensive performance in that game. Realistically, if we had been able to stop WVa at all, that game could have been entirely different.

The offense knew that they had to score every time and when we had some set backs, the fumble return in particular, they lost some momentum and began to press. The fact that WVa scored every time they touched the ball only made that pressure worse.

I think you have to get it past the 25 now Sammy

Mar 29, 2012, 11:04 PM

I love the attitude though and I also think that the USuC game would have been a different beast if he had made that catch. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. It's in the past now. Let's move on to bigger and better in 2012.

Re: It matters to those who paid thousands to see 70-33.

Mar 30, 2012, 9:57 AM

Give it a rest. That game had nothing to do with Sammy. WVU did everything they could to take him away. The tide turned on the Ellington fumble and the D's inability to stop them (mainly on ONE d@mn play). We have made changes in the offseason and the coaching staff continues to find ways to improve. Look at Morris, he had one of the most explosive offenses in the country last year and still spent his offseason studying ways to get better on short yardage and how to utilize Sammy more effectively. Our defense still has a lot of question marks but I think it will be better than last season and we will have a better handle on the offense

Sammy is a Prototype

Apr 1, 2012, 9:28 AM

When have you ever seen a kid with Sammy's skill set and attitude? Well, CJ not withstanding. I wish him every success imaginable. I also hope his other attributes get air time from the sports media outlets. Right now, a younger generation of kids are watching Super Sammy, and boy what a recruiting bonus that could be. Kids playing backyard football proclaiming they are Clemson Tigers!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic