Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Media's love affair with FSU not always a bad thing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Media's love affair with FSU not always a bad thing

Mar 20, 2012, 11:57 AM

Media's love affair with FSU not always a bad thing

July will be here before we know it, and that means the ACC Football Kickoff. Once again, expect Florida St. to be the media darling of the ACC Atlantic Division, but that isn't always a bad thing. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Media's love affair with FSU not always a bad thing

Mar 20, 2012, 12:13 PM

while this annoys me we are better without the glare of the spotlight. let FSU have bullseye on their back. The way we ended there will be barely any defending champ , 2 pastings of VT talk from the media. lets do our talking on the field

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha! Nobody won the ACC in 2009***

Mar 20, 2012, 12:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Ha! Nobody won the ACC in 2009- true

Mar 20, 2012, 12:30 PM

will be a great trivia item in a few years

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed - wish Hood would check his facts***

Mar 20, 2012, 12:49 PM

null

Message was edited by: rbrugger®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Rugby is back on top.
Dailypaul.com

Re: Agreed - wish Hood would check his facts***

Mar 20, 2012, 1:46 PM

I debated whether to get into the whole Ga. Tech thing in the story, but decided it was worth only a mention. The facts were still that Tech won it on the field. This wasn't meant as an official record, just a look at how the media treats the teams in the conference and how it differs from what actually happens, especially in the Atlantic.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sic 'em, David.

Mar 20, 2012, 2:40 PM

You're right; the media's track record is pretty bad (unfortunately for us in '08).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I understand and I would have felt the same way

Mar 20, 2012, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Agreed - wish Hood would check his facts*** ]

probably spend more time explaining it in an article than it merits actually

Exactly, GT won it then had it retro actively stripped later

Mar 21, 2012, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Agreed - wish Hood would check his facts*** ]

Southern Cal won a national championship on the field and was recognized as the champion. Having that title stripped later changes nothing except the official record books moving forward.

Point is, they may not have won it without those ineligible

Mar 21, 2012, 12:42 PM

players. In fact, those players were a huge part of the win.

Very true but it's not just a media thing. I'm thinking all

Mar 20, 2012, 12:38 PM

God's chillun' would mostly pick FSU. I'd pick 'em next year because they have us at home. I picked us last year because we had them at home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WRONG, a great program WANTS TO BE PICKED #1

Mar 20, 2012, 2:11 PM

each year, they want that challange

they don't want someone else being considered better than them

if Clemson or Dabo don't want to be picked #1 each year because of the target it puts on them, then we need new and stronger leaders

Who cares?

Mar 20, 2012, 2:19 PM

Really.... who gives a dayum what the ACC beat writers think? None of that matters AT ALL. Show up on the field and WIN, and everything else will take care itself, just like last year. We weren't even ranked to start the season, and then before GT we were in the top 5 (IIRC), and had we beaten GT, we'd have been in the top 3, and been a lock for the BCSNCG.

Just win. That's it.

-ZA

Re: WRONG, a great program WANTS TO BE PICKED #1

Mar 20, 2012, 2:40 PM [ in reply to WRONG, a great program WANTS TO BE PICKED #1 ]

Really? I've played on a lot of good teams (every team thinks they're great, save "great" for multiple consecutive championships, please) and I LOVED being overlooked. ANYTHING that keeps you fired up is a good thing. And don't give me that BS about "challenge", that's like "not looking ahead", total, bogus BS. EVERYONE looks ahead. Those that claim not to have lied and if you bought it, you've been scammed.

Let's pray to be taken lightly and disrespected. Let them call every win ugly, lucky and aided by bad calls. Let them pick FSU to win the NC, us to finish last and lose to Furman.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Mar 20, 2012, 3:40 PM

With Clemson breaking in a new OL (like 2008) and DL, and with what FSU returns, and with Clemson playing at FSU, I think FSU is a logical choice for the Atlantic.

Shocker!***

Mar 20, 2012, 3:52 PM

I think winning at FSU will be difficult

Mar 20, 2012, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Even a broken clock is right twice a day. ]

but not an automatic win as some seem to think. By that point in the season they would have played a few games together and hopefully have gelled.

People continue to bring up 08 and what happened to us that year. I say that we didn't have Caldwell or Morris in 08 so things are very very different.

Heck people were bringing up what VT did to us in 06 aand 07 this year and said "here we go again" I think we sufficiently shut those people up.

So... FSU's back? Again? No really, we mean this time...

Mar 20, 2012, 3:54 PM

REMINDER: Dabo don't give a crap!

Re: So... FSU's back? Again? No really, we mean this time...

Mar 21, 2012, 8:57 AM

FSU is going to kill us in Tally this year. That Dfense is going to be unstoppable and their offensive line won't be hurt.

Re: So... FSU's back? Again? No really, we mean this time...

Mar 21, 2012, 9:13 AM

go away

Re: So... FSU's back = improved

Mar 21, 2012, 9:25 AM

Of the 3 top running backs on FSU team none will be at spring practice. Guess with Manuals broken leg they just paln to throw on every down. FSU is setting itself up with unrealistic expectations b too much PR. Another year for recruiting classes to kick in. They will be competitive at the top but they are not Back as in dominant

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

The Notre Dame of our conference isn't "back" yet?

Mar 20, 2012, 4:01 PM

Maybe I could dress up as Chief Osceola if I get invited to a 90s party. We're taking over...step aside Noles.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To heck with FSU we own them***

Mar 20, 2012, 4:08 PM

Media sucks

Mar 21, 2012, 10:12 AM

Being from lowcountry in SC I can say that mo matter how good Clemson is, the news is always about them coots. The same goes with ESPN. All they talked about was waiting for Clemson to return to their normal form by failing apart in games we should have won. That has been our rep for the past couple of years and until we change that we will never get the media that we should.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic