Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: McDonald’s coach says "He is still a Tiger, and will be a Tiger"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: McDonald’s coach says "He is still a Tiger, and will be a Tiger"

Mar 17, 2012, 12:53 PM

McDonald’s coach says "He is still a Tiger, and will be a Tiger"

The commotion over whether Isacc McDonald is still committed to Clemson is much ado over nothing according to McDonald’s head coach. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i guess some of the special

Mar 17, 2012, 1:18 PM

Chicken boosters tried to show this kid a good time.........

Re: i guess some of the special

Mar 17, 2012, 6:21 PM

I think the coots are well know for throwing good money right on top bad money. But if they have it to waste, let em waste it. When its time for them to put their money to where it will do them some good, they will be broke....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOW THATS ALL IN***

Mar 19, 2012, 11:03 AM [ in reply to i guess some of the special ]

Kid

Mar 17, 2012, 1:27 PM

Wanted to be wines and dined for free good for him as ling as hes Clemson in Feb IDC haha

Re: Kid

Mar 17, 2012, 6:23 PM

Ha Ha Ha for stupid is stupid does the coots!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody's in trouble if they wined him

Mar 18, 2012, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Kid ]

just sayin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

That's all I needed to hear. Move along COOTS, nothing to

Mar 17, 2012, 7:09 PM

see here anymore.

You'll be seeing this guy soon enough (in your backfield), don't worry.

I guess rooms at the Whitney aren't that nice.***

Mar 17, 2012, 8:58 PM

kid may have seen

Mar 17, 2012, 9:02 PM

Ole stevie boy without his shirt on.......

OK I'm confused. This kid went on another visit, to USC no

Mar 17, 2012, 9:50 PM

less, after committing to Clemson, but Dabo didn't yank his scholarship offer?

What's the deal, some kids get their offer yanked and others don't? Seems Dabo is sending mixed messages and showing favorites. A policy like this needs to be black n white, no deviation, no exceptions. Otherwise it's not really a policy, but a scare tactic or an arbitrary thing based on emotions.

Anyone have any further insight on this?

Maybe you should have asked your last question first

Mar 17, 2012, 10:25 PM

and then waited on the answer before complaining about Dabo.

Yes he visited usc. His HS coach brought him and two teamates on a trip. They visited usc first, on their way to Clemson. I'm sure the HS coach was trying to get his other two players a scholie somewhere. Then they came to Clemson.

It's not like the kid visited usc on his own.

Fail. Unless threre is another article you care to link you

Mar 18, 2012, 12:00 PM

are grossly incorrect. Everything you wrote is pure speculation on your part. The coach did not take the players. The 3 players went themselves and McDonald then visited Clemson by himself.

See, it's called reading comp, understanding how English works.

1. There is no mention that the coach went with the players, which surely Hood would have included.

2. Only McDonald visited Clemson. Had the other players and the coach been in Clemson, Hood would have mentioned it.

Hood wrote ... "he took a visit to South Carolina last week with teammates Charles Williams and Greg Bethel, and then followed that up the next day with a visit to Clemson as the Tigers finished their final practice for spring break."

3. I looked up other articles to confirm this, including Kornblut, and nowhere is there even a hint that the coach was with them. And not a single article mentioned anyone but McDonald being at Clemson.

4. Finally, McDonald's coach said ... "I talked to him when he came back.” ... Not I talked to him when "we" got back or "they" got back, or on our drive back, but when "he" got back.

Feel free to post an article that proves the coach went on the trip. Otherwise, the coaches words imply/infer he was not on the trip.

Re: Front Page Story: McDonald’s coach says "He is still a Tiger, and will be a Tiger"

Mar 18, 2012, 8:03 AM

Most of ya'll are concentrating on the USC visit as a reason for some of his "uncertainty". I think that the Clemson visit could be a factor in how some of this talk began. If you remember Dabo (and his HS coach) talked about how our last practice of the Spring was not a good one...the players seem to think that Spring break started a day early. Well you can bet that our coaches were not saying very nice things to our players that day, and it wasn't all "we're just like a family" that day either. Actually it probably was just like a family when the children didn't do what was expected and the parents needed to correct them with a little discipline. After watching this he probably realized that every day on the Clemson football team is not high fives and glory, and made have said a couple of things. Remember, anything that these high level recruits say will be reported, and then moulded by the media (and us) into many different opinions. My .02.

McDonald didn't say anything to cause speculation, that was

Mar 18, 2012, 12:08 PM

purely fan speculation based on his visit to USC after committing to Clemson. He said USC showed them a good time, but he also reaffirmed his commitment to Clemson, as did his coach.

What I want to know is, what happened to Dabo's rule about pulling offers because he dictates no visits to other schools after committing to Clemson.

Re: McDonald didn't say anything to cause speculation, that was

Mar 20, 2012, 9:13 PM

Why don't you just let Dabo run the recruiting, and you can just, well, shut up.

Side note

Mar 18, 2012, 11:18 AM

I have been hearing for 10 years,Clemson was going start
recruiting the taller,lengther(sp) LBs..
Yet every year,we have those 5-10" 5-11" guys.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-T.J.-Burrell-118059

example.

Ford, per Kirkland, recruited athletes that could be made

Mar 18, 2012, 12:10 PM

and developed into LB's, but since then we do seem to be undersized at LB.

i think this season

Mar 18, 2012, 11:37 AM

We may start to see the mental and physical toughness start to show more........morris and Venebles don't sugar coat anything about this team.....and thats already rubbing off on swinney .......... I dont want to be lied to period.......remeber how we kpt hearing in 2008.... How they were having to hold Ricky sapp outta practice cause he coukd not be blocked and it was because he was really really good and not because our o line that year blowed .......and what happend??????.....our o line blowed.......I woukd rather have the coached not sugar coat ####.....tell it how it is and keep their thumbs on them boys heads .........take no #### go tigers

Hooo, my gosh. I understand this is a highlight video, but

Mar 19, 2012, 8:16 AM

when he hits, kids go down. I definitely like his size, and he's deceptively fast. Great pickup for us, imo

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic