Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Swinney not pleased with final practice before break
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,850

Front Page Story: Swinney not pleased with final practice before break

Mar 14, 2012, 9:58 PM

Swinney not pleased with final practice before break

The Tigers have completed five practices, and now take a 12-day break for the school’s spring break, and Swinney said several of the players acted like the break had already started. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm telling you, ladies and gentlemen, we're the new

Mar 15, 2012, 9:14 AM

pre-season national champs! Listening to these interviews one can come to only one conclusion: our weaknesses are now a strength and our strengths are now off-the-charts phenomenal. There is not a weak link on this team. Top to bottom every player on this roster would be starting anywhere else he would want to go. The armor is complete. On Sept. 1 there will be no team in the universe that could stay on the field with us.

Sit down coots, there's a new pre-season national champ in town.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: I'm telling you, ladies and gentlemen, we're the new

Mar 15, 2012, 9:44 AM

How did you come to that conclusion from the article?

"Listening to these interviews..."

Mar 15, 2012, 9:57 AM

not sure how tongue-in-cheek the op's being, but he's not just referencing the one article.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^This is one astute citizen right here***

Mar 15, 2012, 11:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Listening to these interviews..."

Mar 15, 2012, 11:42 AM [ in reply to "Listening to these interviews..." ]

k

Grain of salt. Gotta sell tix. But I find it encouraging.

Mar 15, 2012, 1:43 PM [ in reply to I'm telling you, ladies and gentlemen, we're the new ]

Historically, Dabo's comments about pre-season player evaluations are overly optimistic, but I'd guess he's pretty sincere about the talent. I find it encouraging-- certainly more so than if his comments were more negative. I'll look forward to Morris's comments since he always seems to tell it like it is.

No matter how talented the new OLs are, I still think it's going to take them time to gel, so 2012 will likely be tough sledding, at least in the first part of the season. (Think Clemson 2008 or Oklahoma 2009, breaking in new O-lines with tons of "skill" players, lofty preseason rankings, and finishing the season out of the Top 25.) I could be wrong. 2013 could be VERY good though.

Exactly. I don't care how much skill/potential we have on

Mar 15, 2012, 2:32 PM

either line, we're going to experience some growing pains. We've also got to break in some new starters in the defensive backfield. I'm optimistic our D will be improved, but to listen to the interviews so far, we're waaaaaaaay better than last year. And I'm not just talking about the difference in a brand-new offense last year vs. having a year in the system. It's the comments about both sides of the ball.

No doubt about it--there will be issues to work out on the line on both sides. There will be a lot of growing up that will have to take place for us to be good. I'd like to hear a little more reservation in some of these comments. That's all I'm saying.

Message was edited by: David78®

GOOD! I hope we beat the crap out of Auburn

Mar 15, 2012, 2:42 PM

and everyone else on the schedule. Is it September yet?

Re: GOOD! I hope we beat the crap out of Auburn

Mar 15, 2012, 2:45 PM

+1 I'm optimistic that we can be good, too, I just don't think we should be claiming any trophies just yet.

Re: Exactly. I don't care how much skill/potential we have on

Mar 15, 2012, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Exactly. I don't care how much skill/potential we have on ]

Really? So if he came out said we suck some would find a problem with that. The man just can't win

Let me see if I have this straight. According to you, it

Mar 15, 2012, 3:55 PM

has to be one extreme or the other. Awesome reasoning, bro.

No, I am NOT saying we suck or he should say we do. Jeez, I've been called a pumper a whole bunch. You simply can't replace three starters on each line and say you're better than you were last year. That just doesn't make sense.

I do think we can be good. I know we're going to have growing up to do, however. We'll see how fast that growing up happens.

My point is that the comments are practically 100% how everybody has stepped up. Call me a dumper, but I just don't believe you can replace that many starters at the LOS and claim to be ahead of last year. I would hope we're OK at this point and getting better. You can't convince me we're better than last year at this point. Yes, we had a new offense but we also had a lot more experience on the OL. Now we're installing a new defense and we're replacing three starters on the DL.

Maybe I'm nuts, but that tells me there should be a tad more reservation on the post-practice interviews.

Somebody said it eariler this week on another post

Mar 15, 2012, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Exactly. I don't care how much skill/potential we have on ]

this is America, so somebody has to be complaining about something all of the time.

I'm a glass half full type of guy, so even if there is a negative, I like to look at what positives could come from it. We have had to suffer and suck a good bit to receive the changes that have occurred in the program the past few years. Just think if we would have beat USF two years ago. We might not have Chad Morris today. If we would have beat or barely lost to WVU this year, we might not have Venables. It sucks to lose, and sit here while our rivals are tasting success, but I feel as though they will get what they deserve real soon.

shut up your cluckin'

Mar 15, 2012, 2:52 PM [ in reply to I'm telling you, ladies and gentlemen, we're the new ]

and get on board

As much as anything, the new starters, and esp the freshman,

Mar 15, 2012, 8:26 PM [ in reply to I'm telling you, ladies and gentlemen, we're the new ]

need confidence. Could be he's just building that in them with these statements.

"Brother-in-lawing" *L* Nice.

Mar 15, 2012, 4:22 PM

Colorful. Never heard that before.

Some people are just idiots , Gota ask ONE question

Mar 19, 2012, 11:17 PM

How many practices did you attend this spring? Lol . How do you know that Dabo isnt sincere about his opinions, Hes at EVERY practice. Last I checked, Morris would DEFINATLEY call somebody out in heart beat and he had nothing but good things to say. Id hate to have to live with you. Your the type of guy that his kids arent EVER good enough, wife NEVER does anything right and the preacher on Sundays Never has a good sermon. People like you are just bitter people that No One will please.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,850
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic