Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Dabo reflects on his famous rant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Football Update: Dabo reflects on his famous rant

Mar 13, 2012, 9:47 AM

Dabo reflects on his famous rant

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Dabo reflects on his famous rant

Mar 13, 2012, 9:50 AM

Glad to see that he didn't apologize. He doesn't need to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Mar 13, 2012, 9:55 AM

He may have ranted, but he made no incorrect statements. The part that ticks off the coots is they know that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YEP, CAROLINA IS STILL IN CHAPE LHILL AN USC IS STLL

Mar 13, 2012, 10:02 AM

IN CALIFORNIA AND CLEMSON IS STLL THE UBIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA,

And Austin is in the endzone!***

Mar 13, 2012, 10:45 AM

Death Valley is in LSU; the Tigers are in Auburn; and CU is

Mar 13, 2012, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: YEP, CAROLINA IS STILL IN CHAPE LHILL AN USC IS STLL ]

in Colorado. And the name of this state is "SOUTH CAROLINA", always has been and always will be. And the name of the gamecock fans' school is "University Of SOUTH CAROLINA".

Re: Death Valley is in LSU; the Tigers are in Auburn; and CU is

Mar 13, 2012, 2:27 PM

why do you coots get mad a poor little old dabo. what he says means nothing. besides yall passed us as a program 3 years ago, correct.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2012, 5:29 PM

LSU was known as DEAF Valley. We are the ORIGINAL DEATH VALLEY stadium.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and you are known as Neilly or

Mar 13, 2012, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Death Valley is in LSU; the Tigers are in Auburn; and CU is ]

Gomer....there's no mistaking that

Death Valley is in Clemson, Deaf Valley turn Death Valley is

Mar 13, 2012, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Death Valley is in LSU; the Tigers are in Auburn; and CU is ]

in La.

Very clever... Only took you 4 months to come up with...***

Mar 13, 2012, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Death Valley is in LSU; the Tigers are in Auburn; and CU is ]

Colorado is better known as "CU". No one calls us CU.

Mar 13, 2012, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Death Valley is in LSU; the Tigers are in Auburn; and CU is ]

We abbreviate it on the internet on message boards some times but none of us pretend that we are nationally known as, or somehow take pride in, the initials CU.

Otherwise you're wrong. No one assumes LSU when you say "Tigers" anymore than anyone assumes Jacksonville State when you say Gamecocks. And considering we were Death Valley first and Death Valley always (I mean really...to get your stadium because your fans get confused about calling it Deaf Valley? That's embarrassing.), I'm not too concerned about LSU's stadium (as nice as it certainly is).

null

Mar 13, 2012, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Death Valley is in LSU; the Tigers are in Auburn; and CU is ]

Well you see how stupid you are coot?

Death Valley is in LSU LMAO you don't know much about death valley do you? Try and do alittle research and get back to us!!!!

Mar 13, 2012, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Death Valley is in LSU; the Tigers are in Auburn; and CU is ]

Clemson's Death Valley came first and if we're going to get all technical it's actually The University of Colorado at Bolder, so it should be UCB not CU. CU is Clemson.

Post of the year

Mar 13, 2012, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Re: YEP, CAROLINA IS STILL IN CHAPE LHILL AN USC IS STLL ]

Clemson is stll the Ubiversity of South Carolina.
A coot couldn't have posted it better.

Clemson needs to get back to.....

Mar 13, 2012, 9:59 AM

where this game is important to them.
I'm not going take anything away from the COOTS,they're
a descent team,sure.But its got to the point, where this
game means more to the Chickens. And we need to get that
back,ASAP.

IMO

And, make EVERY game important***

Mar 13, 2012, 10:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Agree..Starts w/ coaching.***

Mar 13, 2012, 6:45 PM

THIS, was not a "rant"

Mar 13, 2012, 10:34 AM

It was very matter of fact ... very rational, very level-headed. Why do people call this a rant?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was not level headed. It was emotional as heck.

Mar 13, 2012, 1:50 PM

It was a frustrated rant of insults that most of us agree with.

lol b/c it was an emotional childish rant that looked an

Mar 13, 2012, 2:41 PM [ in reply to THIS, was not a "rant" ]

awful lot iike sour grapes.

Mar 13, 2012, 10:44 AM

I've always taken issue with the "rant" being used to describe his statements. He flat out told the truth as any self-respecting TIGER would think. A "rant" in my opinion, humble as it is (lol), is a person hollering statements that are incorrect, incoherent, and don't make sense to others. The dictionary says, wild, loud, extravagant. Where's the extravagance unless you're a gamecock?

Mar 13, 2012, 10:46 AM

Agree

Mar 13, 2012, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Dabo reflects on his famous rant ]

1st, it is not a fact if you have to think it is. If he quoted facts he would have said he had just lost 3 straight to USC in beat downs, that is a fact. Maybe he could go on another tirade and explain how WV scored more td's in 1 quarter against Clemson than Clemson has scored against USC in 3 years. That is a fact.

But hey, if you guys feel better about your losses because your coach beat his chest and put down your rival then he succeeded in what he was trying to do, divert attention from his beat down.

Hey, I like Dabo, he is the gift that keeps on giving, or as ESPN announcers said about his pregame speech, "nice speech, didn't take." He is all yours!!

Now some facts he did spew. Before Orange Bowl, and I quote: "want be no channel flipping tonight, we're the only game on. you're either ready for the prime time or you're not." Now that was factual.

If you actually knew what you were talking about

Mar 13, 2012, 11:26 AM

you'd know that he did indeed point out that you have had our number recently. And that's all that is is RECENTLY. He was simply pointing out the fact that your school had no right acting as if you have always been on top as the record and history have taught us taht we have whipped you like you stole something since this series began. I want you right now to refust anything he said that dealt with history or any inaccurate statement he made about your bowl record, or lack there of, our bowl record, your only conference championship, etc.

It just seems that coots are made that he said it, yet can't find any evidence that what he said was in any way inaccurate.

Mar 13, 2012, 10:45 AM

I get so tired of hearing people refer to Dabo's comments as a rant. It was a thorough response to inappropriate comments from cootville.

Explain the difference between a rant and a response?

Mar 13, 2012, 10:48 AM

I get so tired of hearing people refer to Dabo's comments as a rant. It was a thorough response to inappropriate comments from cootville.

Explain the difference between a rant and a response?

Mar 13, 2012, 1:09 PM

The comments were NOT from Steve Spurrier. They were from Todd Ellis. Now, if Dabo wants to challenge Ellis to a fist fight on Saturday night . . . come on down, cause Ellis ain't retracting nothing.

Again, it was Ellis; not Spurrier that made the statements about Clemson. However, Spurrier is simply not responding to Dabo's childish rants. He's enjoying this whole Dabo Rant thing much too much to stop it.

See ya in November, unless you guys don't show up because it's apparent that, where the University of South Carolina is concerned, you fellas don't know who you're playing. Keep it up. We like it that way!

Mar 13, 2012, 1:22 PM

lmao #### that pansy todd ellis.....not sure what youre trying to infer...but we aint scared of you #######

Mar 13, 2012, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Dabo reflects on his famous rant ]

Dabo would kill that punk ellis.

LMAO what happen the last time the tigers and coots got into a fight??????

Yep you got your a$$ kicked twice in the same day

Please keep giving this embarrassing moment press coverage

Mar 13, 2012, 10:55 AM

Thanks...

It's our old positive Tiger fan--Express 13? How you doing

Mar 13, 2012, 11:11 AM

solid-orange buddy?

Mar 13, 2012, 11:01 AM

He planted the question. It was a preplanned rant.

"It's disappointing to get a question like that during

Mar 13, 2012, 11:03 AM

championship week" (pulling out notecards), lol.

Well you know--SOS has also taken jabs even as he

Mar 13, 2012, 11:13 AM

was losing to Bowden. So . . .?

Then I guess Spurlid's comments were also a "rant", if they

Mar 13, 2012, 11:13 AM

want to try and paint it that way. Sorry dirt peckers, ya can't have it both ways.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

The problem arose from the fact that only a belated effort

Mar 13, 2012, 12:31 PM

was made by Todd Ellis to assume authorship of the original quote after a public uproar by the Clemson crowd. I believed Coach Spurrier should have issued an immediate denial and refutation; however, considering his history of verbal jabs at other schools, I wasn't surprised how the story unfolded. Coach Swinney's comments, while rebuffed even by some of the Clemson folks, were in my opinion an attempt by him to play a game of "### for tat," so to speak. At the very least, perhaps, both schools should consider that the exchanges may have been good for the rivalry.

Re: The problem arose from the fact that only a belated effort

Mar 13, 2012, 2:03 PM

why should Spurrier get involved with a coach that was clearly trying to spin something to get the heat off his back?? Funny thing is you bought it and even though we have beat you like a drum for 3 years Dabo became your hero.

Dabo was upset that no one asked the question in an earlier press conference so he then had David Hood ask the question. Who does Hood write for?? And you don't think it was staged?? Dang boys, you were played like a fiddle.

If Dabo said that Clemson owns the overall football record that is a fact and can't be disputed. To go into the we are the University of South Carolina was just dumb. It's like the kid getting his tail whipped and beating his chest claiming that his gradnfather beat the other kids grandfather up so he doesn't feel as bad. Glad it made you feel better, we'll take our victory and you keep your rant.

Unfortunately truth and perception are often different and

Mar 13, 2012, 2:37 PM [ in reply to The problem arose from the fact that only a belated effort ]

regardless of Dabo's motives or the truth, given the timing and how totally emotional and over the top Dabo was, it came off looking childish and like sour grapes. In deference to Dabo's apologists, he isn't smart or calculating enough to have done it as a planned tactic.

And that only covers why he said it originally.

Mar 13, 2012, 2:38 PM

To pretend he still thinks it was said by Spurrier now is laughable at best.

How many times has it been reported by now that Spurrier didn't say it??

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

Just have to chime in here...

Mar 13, 2012, 1:58 PM

You cannot seriously tell me that Dabo STILL honestly believes those were Spurrier's comments.

It's one thing to suggest he didn't know if Spurrier said it during his original comments... but to STILL pretend you don't know what actually happened is ridiculous.

This is the first thing Dabo has done to make me think he thinks the rest of the world is full of idiots.

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

Re: Just have to chime in here...

Mar 13, 2012, 1:59 PM

lots of toogies in this world.

Mar 13, 2012, 2:43 PM

now there's a depressing thought

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are using this handle today ?***

Mar 13, 2012, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Just have to chime in here... ]

This is one of many things that make me think

Mar 14, 2012, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Just have to chime in here... ]

you cant fukin read.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2012, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Just have to chime in here... ]

He doesn't think the rest of the world is full of idiots, just Columbia.

Re: Re: Football Update: Dabo reflects on his famous rant

Mar 13, 2012, 2:06 PM

I challenge YOU, sir, to a fist fight. D**chebag.

Yay, six more DA coots on ignore now. It's been a

Mar 13, 2012, 2:17 PM

very good day.

The definition of awesome!

Mar 13, 2012, 8:27 PM

I forgot what this post was even about...

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic