Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: A Parent's Life - Part II
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: A Parent's Life - Part II

Feb 29, 2012, 5:53 PM

A Parent's Life - Part II

Part two of TigerNet's talk with Tajh Boyd's parents, Tim and Carla, about the ups and downs of being the parents of Clemson's record breaking quarterback. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: A Parent's Life - Part II

Feb 29, 2012, 7:38 PM

I remember meeting USC's QB Newton's (I think Newton - getting old!) parents after a game in Columbia. They said something to me about my Clemson sweater while I was walking with my family. We talked for a while in the hotel. They were so cool and nice. I remember feeling guilty about wanting him injured for our game which I think he was.

I think we all forget sometimes that these are kids with parents who love them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: A Parent's Life - Part II

Feb 29, 2012, 7:58 PM

I agree. When Clemson lost to GT, alot of my friends were ready to crucify Tajh. I kept telling them "Listen, he's not Superman. Give him a break." People do forget these are just kids sometimes.

Wow, could there be more idiotic statements in that article?

Feb 29, 2012, 7:46 PM

First, Clemson close to Fla? Since when? Have you ever looked at a map? Clemson doesnt play black QBs? Clemson has had tons of black QBs, including on the national championship team. Warmer weather in Clemson? Again, do a little research - the average winter temp in Clemson is actually colder that in Hampton Va. God dumb people drive me nuts.

Re: Wow, could there be more idiotic statements in that article?

Feb 29, 2012, 8:02 PM

Did you actually read the article or just skim it for things to nitpick? She said close to Ga and if you're talking about western Florida like Tallahassee, yes it's closer than Va. She was not saying that Clemson didn't play black quarterbacks but that people in her neighborhood said so. I'll go along with the weather thing. I think it gives us a great picture of what parents go through and something to think about when we're in the stands.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

Feb 29, 2012, 8:19 PM

the things they had to say lost credibility after those comments were made.

Feb 29, 2012, 8:57 PM

Speaking of no credibility - how does it feel to have none?

you going to elaborate or just make moronic posts?***

Feb 29, 2012, 8:58 PM

Re: you going to elaborate or just make moronic posts?***

Feb 29, 2012, 9:26 PM

I will. You didn't read the article dude. Everything you're saying she said was a response to what SOMEONE ELSE said.

Sheesh. I know it's long. But you can read 700 words, I'm sure.

Feb 29, 2012, 9:49 PM

well youre not 100% wrong, but pretty close - either way you get an F. The only one someone else said was the black qb thing - which for the most part they believed, when the smallest amount of research would have revealed their neighbors were complete idiots and should not have been believed at all.

So when did she say she believed it? FAIL

Mar 1, 2012, 9:12 AM

“I never believed that,” Carla says. “It’s 2012 now, and that was 2009. I know there had been other black quarterbacks at Clemson. A lot of really negative people tried to tell Mr. Boyd a lot of negative stuff from the past. We just told them, ‘What is in the past is in the past, and what God has for you He will do for you. And Tajh has helped to prove a lot of people wrong with their negativity.

“These were just regular neighborhood people, people that had been living there a long time. They called themselves Clemson fans, but these are people who don’t support the university and have never given Clemson a dime. They are not credible people.”

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2012, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: you going to elaborate or just make moronic posts?*** ]

You guys need to ease up on Pioneer G, he just got a raw deal. Every team has to have idiot/a$$hole fans, and he is just the one that got assigned to us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2012, 4:03 PM

Excellent!!!! You gt that right.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are just am ###***

Feb 29, 2012, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow, could there be more idiotic statements in that article? ]

Mar 1, 2012, 5:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Wow, could there be more idiotic statements in that article? ]

You have also lost all credibility with everything you are nit picking on. You sound so cootish, that it makes everyone wonder whats behind your screen name. I see a coot mentality there. And whats his name, BOZO the clown!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy is one of "those people" in the stands.***

Mar 1, 2012, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Wow, could there be more idiotic statements in that article? ]

GO TIGERS!!

the folks in my neighborhood

Feb 29, 2012, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Wow, could there be more idiotic statements in that article? ]

said you are a goober, should I listen to them?

Yes.***

Feb 29, 2012, 8:17 PM

Re: the folks in my neighborhood

Mar 1, 2012, 5:14 AM [ in reply to the folks in my neighborhood ]

Yes because they are 100% right on....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hold it. If your point is only

Feb 29, 2012, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Wow, could there be more idiotic statements in that article? ]

to pick at quotes (maybe accurate, maybe not) try someone else. This is obviously a classy lady who loves her son and appreciates people for who they really are. Would she be less likely to receive your criticism if she criticized others more? I think maybe so. Here is a thought, try to comment on the actual context of what she was saying. The people commenting on not playing a black QB were obviously wrong and she was merely talking about how that part of being a student athlete can be hard. The context is about being the parent not the accuracy of their statements.

I read nothing in her quotes which would make me believe she is stupid. Quite the contrary. Please choose not to abuse the family of our own. If you want to do that, please become a "fan" of someone else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Re: Hold it. If your point is only

Mar 1, 2012, 12:24 AM

Roger that brotha! We should never treat our own that way.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On top of that a military family.***

Mar 1, 2012, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Hold it. If your point is only ]

Is the Report Stupid button beside the Report Abuse button?

Feb 29, 2012, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Wow, could there be more idiotic statements in that article? ]

I think we have a winner for the first button mentioned!

Don't look in the mirror.

Feb 29, 2012, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Wow, could there be more idiotic statements in that article? ]

nm

You must drive yourself bat crap crazy***

Feb 29, 2012, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Wow, could there be more idiotic statements in that article? ]

I bet you're the one that egged their house too.

Mar 1, 2012, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Wow, could there be more idiotic statements in that article? ]

You've got problems if you are serious...

1) SC is closer to FL than VA...check out a map before telling others to. Clemson is closer to every town in FL than Hampton is by a few hrs at least...again, check out a map.

2) She obviously didn't make the black QB comment.

3) Clemson is warmer than Hampton, VA on avg. for every month of the year....the average low in Clemson is 1 degree cooler than in Hampton...I looked it up on the weather channel, you might want to actually look it up before posting.

That's pathetic to go after some kid's parents in the stands

Feb 29, 2012, 7:57 PM

Regardless of what position he might play on the field. Who are these "Clemson fans" that are yelling at the Parkers or the Boyd's? Get mad at the team; don't make personal attacks. You'd have to be a real psycho and have a tremendous ego to think that going after the QB's parents will have any positive impact.

I love my home state and I love my school, but

Feb 29, 2012, 8:10 PM

#### we have some ignorant people/fans down there. I am embarrassed by some members of our fanbase at every game I attend...home or away.

Re: I love my home state and I love my school, but

Feb 29, 2012, 8:32 PM

Not limited to our fans. There are idiots everywhere. I try to remind myself I've also seen that the majority of our fans are better than that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

Re: I love my home state and I love my school, but

Mar 1, 2012, 5:18 AM [ in reply to I love my home state and I love my school, but ]

It just goes to prove you can't cure absolute STUPID!!!

A very good read

Feb 29, 2012, 9:25 PM

from a parents view. Glad that he has a firm foundation at home. For you that see something wrong with her aspect shame on you. Get a life or better yet another team!

Wonder why those "fans" said we wouldn't play a black QB

Feb 29, 2012, 9:56 PM

Woodrow Dantzler ring a bell? Besides, a majority of the 1st and second team is black. Get a clue Clemson "fans".

Re: Wonder why those "fans" said we wouldn't play a black QB

Feb 29, 2012, 10:09 PM

May have been coot fans living in the area. She said they never went to any games.

Mar 1, 2012, 5:27 AM

Now that is what gets to me more than anything. People who have alot to say. And most of what they say is negative. And they have never put a foot in DV, or even drove through the campus just to see what Clemson represents. They are what I call the pennyless fans. They have never spent a penny to see what Clemson has to offer, or what Clemson is about. And those are the ones that always have the most to say.

Feb 29, 2012, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Wonder why those "fans" said we wouldn't play a black QB ]

And who was the QB when we won our one Natl Championship? Homer Jordan.

Boyd, Danzler, Greene, Moncreif, Jordan, Sapp, McCleon, Solo

Mar 1, 2012, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Wonder why those "fans" said we wouldn't play a black QB ]

Granted Sapp and McLeon changed positions and both went on to have NFL careers at their new position. I think Chansi Stuckey was brought in as a QB and played some at that position.

I would almost bet that since Jordan became the starter we've had more years with a black QB than a white one.

Re: Boyd, Danzler, Greene, Moncreif, Jordan, Sapp, McCleon, Solo

Mar 1, 2012, 9:50 AM

Thanks, I knew there had been a bunch.

It really is a moot point. Willie Simmons QB too.

Richard Moncrief

Feb 29, 2012, 11:25 PM

I think there have been some others too. Sometimes I think these interviews really are not such a good thing. Every school plays their best QB, no matter what his color.

Re: Richard Moncrief

Feb 29, 2012, 11:28 PM

I was being sarcastic about the "some others". It is kind of ridiculous to bring this up anymore when everyone recruits the best players they can get regardless of what color they are.

Tajh is a great athlete and a good person.

Mar 1, 2012, 7:33 AM

It is a real shame that his family has been subjected to some negativity. I hope the police caught whoever egged his house and put them in jail.

63-17

It is a shame, but, it comes with the territory. Playing

Mar 1, 2012, 8:06 AM

for a major D1 program is a BIG DEAL... especially at a place like Clemson where fans are so passionate. It's sad, but there really are some low people out there.

Question: was Homer J one of the first black QB's to win NC

Mar 1, 2012, 4:13 PM

I started at CU the year after the NC, and I don't really remember much about the national football landscape in the 70's. I know that in the 80's, black QBs were common in college, but still rare in the NFL. Times have certainly changed. Thinking about the upcoming NFL draft, RG III's race will not relegate him to wide receiver or special teams. I think maybe Clemson was a little ahead of the curve when it came to race at QB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic