Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson Football Schedule for 2012
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson Football Schedule for 2012

Feb 27, 2012, 2:08 PM

Clemson Football Schedule for 2012

Clemson will open and close the 2012 football season against SEC teams and will play host to four teams who won at least eight games in 2011. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Manageable. I like it.***

Feb 27, 2012, 2:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Manageable. I like it.***

Feb 27, 2012, 2:20 PM

Yeah, good spot for the open date and I like them at home for the last three weeks of the season.

Very reasonable, I only hate the

Feb 27, 2012, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Manageable. I like it.*** ]

Thursday night out of principal. Last Thursday nighter there didn't go very well. Let's hope Wake is working on a short week too. So close to the bye for us, we shouldn't be completely tired for that one.

The season end could make or break us

Feb 27, 2012, 2:34 PM

NC State is starting to turn it up and USC has had ou number for the last few years.

On the bright side I think we'll take them both to the woodshed at home. South Carolina will get lit up this year, it's well overdue and I can't wait.

I promise to make it the worst/longest 365 days they've ever endured.

Go Tigers!!!!!

Re: The season end could make or break us

Feb 27, 2012, 2:47 PM

And I'll surely be helping you and the rest of Tiger Nation in putting the coots back in their rightful place. In the past, I really didn't dog out the coots for their losing ways. That was like beating down a defenseless child. Not ever again will I hold back on doging them out at every corner, and feel good about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you 100%

Feb 27, 2012, 2:53 PM

I was never one to call them out, bc honestly it wasn't a huge deal. I guess we were spoiled a little and got use to it, possibly even took all of the W's for granted.

Well gues what? Not anymore! I've had it up to my eyeballs with those punks talking smack over the last few years. After we do win, which we will... let me just say... IT IS ON!

Go Tigers! Man I'm already fired up!

Nope. Be humble as we only did what we're suppose to do.

Feb 27, 2012, 8:31 PM

EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!1

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wake plays AT UVA the week before....we'll be fine***

Feb 27, 2012, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Very reasonable, I only hate the ]

Can we get Amandadale, PalmettoSon, & Blue Caddy's opinion?

Feb 27, 2012, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Manageable. I like it.*** ]

I'd like to withhold judgment until I hear from the experts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

heard this comes out at 2pm.***

Feb 27, 2012, 2:29 PM

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson Football Schedule for 2012

Feb 27, 2012, 2:34 PM

I'm not a huge fan of playing FSU and BC back-to-back away, and I definitely don't like the short turnaround between VT and Wake (I thought the league had rules in place to avoid that now?). But it could be worse. Overall I really like it.

The ACC rule is:

Feb 27, 2012, 2:35 PM

the two teams involved must have the same number of days off.

I thought it was an off week as well, but not so.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only bad thing about this schedule is having to play a

Feb 27, 2012, 2:43 PM

tough NC State team the week before playing So. Car.

Re: The only bad thing about this schedule is having to play a

Feb 27, 2012, 2:49 PM

State isn't that tough (well in regards to talent level). If we don't play down to them and our guys actually play physical then we should defeat NC State easily.

Re: The only bad thing about this schedule is having to play a

Feb 27, 2012, 3:43 PM

State didn't have anywhere near our talent last year either. I'd prefer a "gimme" before playing SCAR.

And BC has open date before we go up there... Do not want******

Feb 27, 2012, 2:49 PM [ in reply to The only bad thing about this schedule is having to play a ]

I knew they would make us play FSU early, not sure if that's

Feb 27, 2012, 3:22 PM

good or bad but the ACC has no problem screwing the football powers making their 1st ACC game of the year most likely for the Division before the season barely gets started.

Re: I knew they would make us play FSU early, not sure if that's

Feb 27, 2012, 3:34 PM

Not a bad schedule. Don't like not having an open date before gt. Would love to have an open date to prepare for them.

Feb 27, 2012, 3:54 PM

I think vs GT, not having an open date before them really won't matter. It's probably a good thing for the guys to play more instinctive against them and think a little bit less, even though I know defending that #### option takes discipline.

Plus we'll be @ The Valley, pumped up with revenge on our minds against GT and their snobby fans.

Maybe they will have the new board ready and flash it

Feb 27, 2012, 4:59 PM

bright when they are looking at it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Feb 27, 2012, 3:36 PM [ in reply to I knew they would make us play FSU early, not sure if that's ]

uh we played them on the same date last year. #### it man.

Playing them earlier than later has always been best

Feb 27, 2012, 4:58 PM [ in reply to I knew they would make us play FSU early, not sure if that's ]

IMHO. The longer the season goes on the better they get, usually.

It doesn't help promote the league like it should being that

Feb 28, 2012, 10:16 PM [ in reply to I knew they would make us play FSU early, not sure if that's ]

early in the season I don't think. The later the season, the better the atmosphere surrounding it and the better the national attention. It's like Swofford's backing off and going the counter-programming route - schedule the biggest conference game of the regular season the week after what's traditionally a big weekend of cross-conference battles and "let's now showcase ACC football." Then more than two months later there's the conference championship game. No wonder this league has such a cr@ppy national following.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once again, SCar scheduled a cupcake (Wofford) prior to CU.***

Feb 27, 2012, 7:12 PM [ in reply to The only bad thing about this schedule is having to play a ]

Re: Once again, SCar scheduled a cupcake (Wofford) prior to CU.***

Feb 27, 2012, 10:14 PM

always an advantage

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thinking the same thing. Wish we could flip NC State w/Duke

Feb 28, 2012, 9:12 PM [ in reply to The only bad thing about this schedule is having to play a ]

Would have been nice to have the Thurs. game w/ Wake and then have 2 extra days to prep. for NC State. Oh well it is what it is.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me get this straight. GA Tech delays eveyone getting...

Feb 27, 2012, 3:42 PM

schedule because they play on Labor Day in Blacksburg, but didnt want the Sept 8th game versus FBS school so we had to wait until they found one. Yet we have to play BC then Wake 4 days later!?! How is that fair?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me get this straight. GA Tech delays eveyone getting...

Feb 27, 2012, 5:36 PM

We play VT, then Wake 5 days later. Really not that big of a deal. We have two weeks to rest and prepare for VT. The schedule really is a pretty good schedule. The only difficult away game is F$U

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure how anyone can complain about that schedule***

Feb 27, 2012, 3:43 PM

Re: Not sure how anyone can complain about that schedule***

Feb 27, 2012, 4:07 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=11973012

I don't know why we always play the two easier

Feb 27, 2012, 4:57 PM

games so early in the year. Why not spread them out?

I've always wondered the same thing

Feb 27, 2012, 10:24 PM

We should be scheduling one of those before the coots just like they do.

Swofford's UNC bias shows again?

Feb 27, 2012, 7:09 PM

Paul Johnson’s GT is 3-11 against FBS opponents that had more than a consecutive week to prepare for GT's unusual option-offense. Every team would love to have a bye-week before playing GT. So far, which ACC teams have had more than one consecutive week to prepare for PJ’s GT?

2008: UNC
2009: Miami
2010: UNC & NCSU.
2011: NCSU & VT.
2012: UNC, VT, & Duke.

In the last 5 years, 3 times, UNC has had a bye-week to prepare for GT. (NCSU & VT have twice. Miami & Duke have once.) Clemson has had zero pre-GT bye-weeks, despite (unlike NCSU) playing GT every year. Statistical anomaly?

And this surprises you because........?

Feb 27, 2012, 7:21 PM

In the years since Swoffie took over, the ACC has been a Tobacco Road circus. The 2010 football game at UnC was laughable, as was the. 2010 basketball game in Chapel Hill. Just no excuse.

10-2 to 11-1 looks like legit opportunity. No complaints ...

Feb 27, 2012, 10:44 PM

on schedule. It's now up to the coaches & players ... and I believe with some speedy O-Line development this team could grow wings. Go Tigers!

Same EXACT senerio from '08. New o-line except C, neutral gm

Feb 28, 2012, 12:53 AM

vs ????? team from Alabama, thurs. night game @ Wake. My guess is the results will be better, but Thurs. @ Wake scares me after VT. Gt owns us last what. 7-8 yrs (2 wins), and we've won what 2 times ever @FSU? The best part of the schedule is the bye isn't early or late, it smack dab in the middle. Hopefully we're great this yr, but I think this thing is REALLY setting up nice for '13. Just keep the staff intact and win 8 -9 this yr and I'm good.

Those of you complaining about this schedule...

Feb 28, 2012, 8:10 AM

...are just looking for reasons to be unhappy.

These are the teams we play. We don't have anything nasty - like 4 friggin games in a row at home in September.

I don't like the short rest Thursday games. Period. But it could have been a lot worse than this.

Personally, I'm awfully happy to have some November games. at home this year. When it's football weather and not the dead of summer weather.

Spot the #### ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First glance..........10-2 at worst.***

Feb 28, 2012, 8:51 AM

Swap Furman and NCST dates would've been nice******

Feb 28, 2012, 9:02 AM

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic