Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tigers go cold, waste chance against Heels
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Tigers go cold, waste chance against Heels

Feb 18, 2012, 6:38 PM

Tigers go cold, waste chance against Heels

On any trip to Chapel Hill, all you can ask for is chance, and chance the Clemson Tigers had on Saturday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Tigers go cold, waste chance against Heels

Feb 18, 2012, 10:44 PM

Please like my Facebook page "Fire Commissioner John Swofford" and lets join together to promote change. Thanks

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a new idea...

Feb 18, 2012, 11:12 PM

The boys from Clemson have been given 85 years to try to spring a win in basketball Chapel Hill. That's plenty of time to realize that Clemson just can't field enough talent in this sport to make playing the Heels in Chapel Hill worth the time, effort, money, and whatever else you want to put into it.

If the ACC will not put any other retribution toward Clemson, the Clemson AD should just forfeit all future basketball games between Clemson and UNC that are played in Chapel Hill. It will save everyone a lot of grief and remove this demoralizing, publicly humiliating, stigma from the basketball program. I mean, it's not like forfeiting the game in Chapel Hill will have ANY effect on the Tigers record. The Tiger basketball team can leave the negativity behind and their psyche intact to focus on games that they can effect the outcome of.

I know I'll get blasted for this as quitting, crying baby shoes or whatever, but I'm really serious about the AD considering something of this nature. I mean I went over to the game this afternoon, fully expecting to be able to pick up three easy seats at the Dean Dome, only to find out that this stupid game was completely sold out with scalpers outside asking $150/ticket!! WHY? I mean WHY? Why do these Tarheel fans feel so compelled to come and watch this annual pummeling of the Clemson basketball team?

I would also like to be able to take this particular joy of Tiger torture away from the UNC fan base. I'm honestly completely sick of it!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Consider yourself blasted

Feb 19, 2012, 9:51 AM

"I know I'll get blasted for this as quitting, crying baby shoes or whatever..."

We don't quit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, yea, let's forfeit all our future games at UNC because

Feb 19, 2012, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Here's a new idea... ]

we haven't won there yet. Wow, that would earn us much more respect than the 56 straight losses there. That's a terrible, ridiculous idea.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Players pay attention

Feb 19, 2012, 11:53 AM

You lose for one reason every time, you waste possessions. When you have the ball, you take hasty and needlessly risky shots, shoot for three with a lot time on the shot clock and slowly #### away the game. MAKE POSSESSIONS COUNT! Have a nice day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I like the way this article's headline implies Clemson

Feb 19, 2012, 12:04 PM

actually had a chance to win. Wrong. There was no way we would have won that game yesterday. Too many missed and/or wasted shots in the first half doomed us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like the way this article's headline implies Clemson

Feb 20, 2012, 10:54 AM

David Hood is a real tool. Its like he takes pleasure in taking shots at our guys. Mr. Hood shouldn't WASTE all his chances to lose those JOWLS off his fat face.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic