Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Jennings will not play against VT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Jennings will not play against VT

Feb 3, 2012, 2:31 PM

Jennings will not play against VT

Junior forward Milton Jennings will not make the trip to Blacksburg, Va., for Saturday’s ACC road contest against Virginia Tech. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Darn. If he's not already, I hope Milton gets back on the

Feb 3, 2012, 2:54 PM

road to rejoin the team in the very, very near future.

In the meantime, this is an excellent opportunity for some of the young folks to step up and make a case for more playing time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KJ McDaniels. that is all***

Feb 6, 2012, 9:43 AM

Steve Spurrier says . . .

Feb 3, 2012, 2:54 PM

Who is this space alien that you call coach Brad Brownell, and what are these foreign concepts that he is spewing? Accountability? Discipline? Madness!!!

Re: Steve Spurrier says . . .

Feb 3, 2012, 10:08 PM

yeah!isn't it okay to lie,cheat,and steal,just so long as you're winning?oh,i forgot.that's an sec thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 4, 2012, 2:17 AM

you forgot winning. UK game looked uglier Senor Garcia would have been back in the saddle

Feb 4, 2012, 2:18 AM

oops, you did say winning. My bad, same result

Kudos to Coach Brownell

Feb 3, 2012, 3:18 PM

you can have short term success with no discipline but you'll never have sustained success without it....good on him. This sends a message to the young players too....we may not be a basketball power, but ######, you want to wear the Tiger Paw, you're going to do the right things on and off the court. Coach Brownell is struggling trying to get the program over the hump but he sure as hell ain't compromising principles to do it. He'll win....just a matter of time. Dabo is following suit too. We'll get the right type of kids into both programs and we'll be talking regular NCAA tourneys soon on the court and national championships in football....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McDonalds AA?

Feb 4, 2012, 8:49 AM

I never saw how he achieved that unless it was against the bad SC high school teams

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Milt actually played against some top high school and AAU

Feb 4, 2012, 12:14 PM

Competition ... St. Benedict's Prep (NJ), Oak Hill Academy, Gonzaga (DC), St. John's (DC), Christ School (NC). I watched him more than hold his own against Tiny Gallon on ESPN although his team got whipped by Oak Hill pretty good. Milt was clearly one of the top 50 players in his high school class.

A couple things about the McDonald's AA designation: They don't just go out and name the top 30 college prospects and divide them between the east and west teams. If that were the case, John Wall would have been a McDonalds AA that year (he wasn't). If there are perceived issues with your character or academics, McDonalds simply will not share their corporate image with you. The Jordan All-Star game is much more of a collection of the very highest prospects - Jennings was not invited (and Wall was of course). The purpose of the McDonalds AA is to reward high school achievement on and off the court. Many recipients achieve at the highest levels after high school, but it is not designed solely to be a predictor of future success in the same way that the Jordan game is.

We have had our own mixed bag with McDonald's AAs at Clemson - Sharone Wright went to the NBA after three years, Michael Brown was a problem child from day one and to my knowledge never completed his eligibility or played professionally. Ricky Jones and the late Clarke Bynum were great guys who had trouble winning or keeping a starting position at Clemson. If I had to rank the on-court contributions of McDonalds AAs at Clemson, it would be: (1) Wright (2) Jennings so far (3) Brown (4) Jones and (5) Bynum. That said, I was at Clemson with Bynum and Jones - they were both great guys and Bynum later became a national hero. Their basketball careers at Clemson were big disappointments but they were very popular on campus. They were also fortunate that there were no internet boards so they didn't have to read a bunch of junk posted by old, fat guys who couldn't make an uncontested layup in front of 10,000 people.

Ya have to give it to Milt!

Feb 4, 2012, 2:46 PM [ in reply to McDonalds AA? ]

He probably goes down as the most OVERRATED player to
ever play at CLEMSON.

Not at all

Feb 4, 2012, 3:56 PM

Have you followed Clemson basketball long?

Jennings has already started more games, scored more points, collected more rebounds, and blocked more shots than two other McDonalds All Americans were able to accomplish in four years at Clemson.

Milt doesn't even appear to be the most overrated player in his recruiting class - Noel Johnson was a consensus Top 50 player when he arrived at Clemson who now plays 2 minutes a game for a fairly untalented Auburn team.

Re: Not at all

Feb 6, 2012, 10:00 AM

Who are these other mcdonald aa you speak of because Jennings is the highest recruit ever for Clemson BB

Re:Coach Brownell, Way to go!

Feb 3, 2012, 3:26 PM

Fellas,
We have a high character coach who takes no S#^$ and it IS a privilege to play for Clemson. Earn it.
I like it!

Lots of respect for Brownell. I for one think he will be

Feb 3, 2012, 7:48 PM

successful here at Clemson, and I'm proud of the way he's building the program. Perfect fit for us.

I think Milt will come back stronger than before. He responded pretty well before when he got out of line.

Re: Front Page Story: Jennings will not play against VT

Feb 3, 2012, 8:48 PM

i was at littlejohn all day and saw him working out and practice. what gives? he should be scoring 20 every night

Re: Front Page Story: Jennings will not play against VT

Feb 3, 2012, 10:53 PM

Littlejohn was booked all day today hosting a girls gymnastics tournament...
So how was Milt on the pommel horse ;)

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic