Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I probably understand Mike Davis as well as anybody
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

I probably understand Mike Davis as well as anybody

Jan 27, 2012, 7:59 AM

My sister was seven years older than me. After making straight A's for 12 years, in 1964 she left home to attend Furman where she also made straight A's as I entered junior high. I had always known that Clemson University was my school of choice and was so glad that she went some place else. Three years later I started high school. I was making the best grades ever. One year into my high school days, guess who graduated from college and returned to her home town to be a teacher at MY high school? Oddly enough, that is when my rebellion began and grades started to suffer. I really needed my own space. Still do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I probably understand Mike Davis as well as anybody

Jan 27, 2012, 8:19 AM

You rebelled because your sister was a teacher at your school?
I had a sister that taught at my HS and loved every minute she was there. I lost her 3yrs ago to cancer.

And yes she was alot smarter than me so it was nice to drop by her class and say sis I need some help.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2012, 9:08 AM

That probably has a small bearing on Davis decision, but I believe Cootlumbia with their thuggy inner city attitude fits him more the anything. I am sure hanging out with Gilmore, Clowney and Co in 5 points sold him as much as anything. I loved James, but remember he went back home at one time and thought about leaving. If Lattimore comes back as strong from his injury they may have the same issue with him. He is a solid back, but if he wants to be a Coot then I don't want him. We have Andre back and DJ Howard runs with authority, give him another offseason in the weight room and training table and I like his ability to be our next feature back. Then if Bellamy grows up in maturity and size he can be anything he wants to be, speed kills and he has it!

Jan 27, 2012, 9:39 AM

I think we should refrain from calling anyone a "thug" simply because they chose not to sign with us. Name-calling when you get your feelings hurt is childish.

Jan 27, 2012, 10:39 AM

Grover, read the thread, you sound like Heath Cline at 107.5 now, I said the Thuggy environment at Olympia/Cootlumbia not that he was. Obviously you are not very streetwise to the environment here is Cootlumbia, I been here 48 years and I know this city and Karoliner more then I'd like. My feelings are not hurt over Mike Davis, I want players that want to be at Clemson plain and simple!

Jan 27, 2012, 1:11 PM

Thuggery is not a location. It is an attitude. Whether you're in the mountains or the city.

This accusation about USC furthers the perspective that Clemson points fingers at others and turns a blind eye to their own.

Thuggery...

Jul 21, 2015, 4:24 PM

1 …. Jan 2005 - SYVELLE NEWTON: Arrested Stolen equip; petit larceny. Suspended Violation of team rules relating to arrest
2 …. Jan 2005 - DONDRIAL PINKINS: Arrested Stolen equip; petit larceny
3 …. Jan 2005 - FREDDY SANT-PREUX: Arrested Stolen equip; petit larceny. Suspended Violation of team rules relating to arrest
4 …. Jan 2005 - RODRIQUES WILSON: Arrested Stolen equip; petit larceny
5 …. Jan 2005 - BRIAN BROWNLESS: Arrested Stolen equip; grand larceny
6 …. Jan 2005 - WOODLY TELFORT: Arrested Stolen equip; grand larceny. Dismissed Violation of team rules relating to arrest
7 …. Mar 2005 - KEVIN MAINORD: Arrested First-degree burglary, simple larceny. Dismissed Violation of team rules relating to arrest
8 …. Mar 2005 - MOE THOMPSON: Arrested First-degree burglary, simple larceny. Dismissed Violation of team rules relating to arrest
9 …. Mar 2005 - DAVID McNEAL SMITH: Arrested First-degree burglary (charged with six offenses). Dismissed Violation of team rules relating to arrest
10 …. Apr 2005 - SYVELLE NEWTON: Arrested Charges later dropped, scuffle at Masonic Temple. Suspended Violation of team rules relating to arrest
11 …. Apr 2005 - JOSH JOHNSON: Arrested Simple possession (marijuana). Suspended Violation of team rules relating to arrest
12 …. Apr 2005 - TY ERVING: Arrested Simple possession (marijuana). Suspended Violation of team rules relating to arrest
13 …. May 2005 - DUSTIN LINDSEY: Arrested DUI. Suspended Violation of team rules relating to arrest
14 …. Oct 2005 - JOSH JOHNSON: Arrested Simple assault, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, interfering with police, open container. Dismissed Violations of team rules relating to arrest
15 …. Nov 2005 - SCOTT MORGAN: Arrested DUI, open container Scott Morgan. Suspended Violations of team rules relating to arrest
16 …. Mar 2006 - SHEA McKEEN: Arrested Disorderly conduct, trespass after notice, failure to stop on police command. Suspended 3 games suspension, relating to arrest
17 …. Mar 2006 - DUSTIN LINDSEY: Arrested Disorderly conduct, trespass after notice, failure to stop on police command
18 …. Sep 2006 - BLAKE MITCHELL: Arrested for simple assault. Suspended Violation of team rules relating to arrest
19 …. Oct 2006 - O.J. MURDOCK: Arrested for shoplifting. Suspended Violation of team rules relating to arrest, quit team
20 …. Oct 2006 - KERRY BONDS: Arrested Assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature. Dismissed Violation of team rules relating to his arrest
21 …. Jan 2006 - JONATHAN JOSEPH: Arrested Possession of marijuana
22 …. Feb 2007 - STEPHEN GARCIA: Arrested for public drunken, failure to stop for a police officer. Suspended Violation of team rules relating to arrest
23 …. Mar 2007 - STEPHEN GARCIA: Arrested for malicious injury to personal property. Suspended for Violation of teams rules relating to arrest (not allowed to wear jersey during spring practice)
24 …. July 2007 - QUINTEN RICHARDSON: arrested for marijuana possession
25 …. Aug 2007 - EMMANUAL COOK: arrested for possession of fire arm on campus
26 …. MICHAEL McQUEENY: arrested in Charleston for drunk and disorderly conduct
27 …. DION LeCORN: arrested for marijuana possession
28 …. Mar 2008 - KEVIN YOUNG: Charged with resisting arrest and fighting while in 5 points
29 …. Mar 2008 - MIKE NEWTON: Charged with public disorderly conduct
30 …. Mar 2008 - STEPHEN GARCIA: Charged with underage drinking (improperly discharging a fire extinguisher)
31 …. Mar 2008 - HEATH BATCHELOR: Charged with underage drinking
32 …. Mar 2008 - ZAC BRINDISE: Charged with underage drinking
33 …. 2/21/2009 - LADI AJIBOYE: Arrested for the purchase and simple possession of marijuana.
34 …. 3/27/2009 - DUSTYN McELROY: Dismissed from the team after biting a man in the face during a fight outside the Village Idiot Bar.
35 …. 5/22/2009 - BEN AXON: Arrested; possession of 23 baggies of marijuana with intent to sell.
36 …. 5/23/2009 - C.C. WHITLOCK: Arrested, trespassing after an incident at an area night club.
37 …. 8/23/2009 - CLIFTON GEATHERS: Charged with resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness at local nightclub. “He just didn’t want to cooperate,” police said. “
38 …. 2/5/2010 - VICTOR HAMPTON: Victor Hampton was arrested in Darlington, SC for illegal possession of alcohol.
39 …. 6/20/2011 - DEVONTE HOLLOMAN: Arrested for DUI in Columbia, SC.
40 …. 7/14/2011 - EDWARD MULDROW: Arrested on a charge of public drunkenness, underage drinking, possession of alcohol by a minor, and littering. Also arrested in November of 2010, for possession of drugs and driving with an expired tag and suspended license.
41 …. 7/26/2011 - G.A. MANGUS: South Carolina quarterbacks coach arrested for nuisance conduct. Police observed Mangus urinating on the street. The coach was "unsteady and uncooperative".
42 …. 1/13/2012 - BYRON JERIFEAU: Arrested for disorderly conduct and for being a pedestrian unlawfully in a roadway. Wehn approached by police, the 6'1' 315 pound junior began yelling obscenities at police and was placed under arrest. Jerideau continued to use profanity and caused a scene after being taken into custody.
43 …. 1/21/2012: BRISON WILLIAMS: Suspended for conduct detrimental to the South Carolina football team.

Re: Thuggery...

Jul 19, 2012, 1:43 PM

Check your names: Tavin Richardson is squeaky clean. I have known him personally since he was 8 years old. He is a great kid. Watch him this year playing for the Rebels.

I don't see him on that list...***

Jul 19, 2012, 2:29 PM

Sister being teacher has it benefits

Jan 27, 2012, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: I probably understand Mike Davis as well as anybody ]

Grading your own papers......and sneak previews of the tests

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Funny thing --- my sister did not want me to drop by***

Jan 27, 2012, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: I probably understand Mike Davis as well as anybody ]

Understand about the "sister" thing...in addition to the two

Jan 27, 2012, 11:40 AM

younger brothers I have a sister a year younger than I. She's in Charlotte, I'm in Columbia and the two bro's are in Rock Hill...and I'll be doggone, but she still remembers how to get to my home! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funny thing --- my sister did not want me to drop by***

Jul 19, 2012, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Funny thing --- my sister did not want me to drop by*** ]

Can't blame her

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2012, 9:08 AM

Tiger in LA, my story is similar, with two older brothers, the oldest a star student, and both of whom attended the U. of S.C. (as opposed to USC). I visited them in Columbia and had a fun time partying, but when it was time to matriculate, I chose Clemson, largely to forge my own identity, rather than be someone's younger brother. I also had a favorite uncle who was on faculty at Clemson in the 30's and he and his wife shared a duplex with Frank Howard and his wife when Frank was an assitant coach under Jess Neely. I spent much time with them at their farm in lower state, and the orange rubbed off on me.

were you a running back also?***

Jan 27, 2012, 9:12 AM

I guess i'd be the James Davis of my family

Jan 27, 2012, 9:42 AM

I'm the oldest of 3 brothers, and our family moved here from out of state when I was very young so nobody in the family had any Clemson-Carolina allegiance. When I chose to go to Clemson it was absolutely the right decision for me. I was somewhat annoyed when my first brother decided to go to USC, although it made sense (we were polar opposites at the time). However when he left for college, I bought him a Gamecocks shirt and hat and wished him well. I felt like I needed to take a shower after spending my money on USC apparel, but I think the gesture was appreciated.

I was redeemed a few years later when my youngest brother chose Clemson. :)

Very similar to my family....1st brother (7 years younger)

Jan 27, 2012, 11:26 AM

went to USC, but I wouldn't buy him any apparel (lol,) while the youngest (14 years younger) wanted to go to CU, but didn't have the grades. Our family was all Clemson except for the 1st brother...until some years later when his sons became all Clemson, including one who just graduated. My Mother used to caution the 1st brother by saying, "Don't come in here talking about the Gamecocks, because you know WE ARE CLEMSON PEOPLE!" He never did...we were ALL scared of her! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2012, 10:24 AM

Dang - I actually grew up a few miles from Furman, played in their gym as a kid, swam in their pool at night sometimes, and absolutely loved Furman. I really wanted to go to Furman, but was way too poor to do that. I didn't have an academic schollie, so CLEMSON was my second choice. Turns out it was a great choice. I was just too young and didn't know any better. I was the first in my entire family history to go to college, so nobody really helped with advice.

Anyway - I still love Furman too. Fantastic school IMO.

Too bad you had to move to LA to get away from Sis. :)

Jan 27, 2012, 10:30 AM

Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaase let's drop the Mike Davis threads. If he comes or not doesn't bother me. We are good at rb, if he doesn't come, we'll be able to get a top rb next year.

Nothing wrong with wanting to make a name for yourself.....

Jan 27, 2012, 11:00 AM

or make your own way in this world and not follow in the footsteps of someone else, particularly if it is highly unlikely that you will be able to achieve even remotely the same level of success that your father (for example) or older brother attained. Just ask guys like Kyle Petty, Dale Earnhart Junior, Jack, Steven, Gary or Michael Nicklaus, or Jeffrey or Marcu Jordan. Life is hard enough without all that added pressure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

So Mike Davis is a wuss that would blame his lack of success

Jan 27, 2012, 11:51 AM

and bad attitude on his brother?

kee-rist.***

Jan 27, 2012, 11:55 AM

Uh. You might need some more space.***

Jan 27, 2012, 12:55 PM

But, you didn't have to move all the way across the country***

Jul 19, 2012, 2:03 PM

Is this thread resurrection day?***

Jul 19, 2012, 2:22 PM

Start of the zombie apocalypse

Jul 19, 2012, 2:39 PM

Get me my shotgun

Clemson

Re: Start of the zombie apocalypse

Jul 19, 2012, 4:46 PM

clearly

mike davis recruiting

Jul 19, 2012, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Start of the zombie apocalypse ]

or it could have been we didnt offer him untill about 3 or 4 weeks before signing date because georgia took our top two running backs. he was way down on our list untill we lost all the others. sc was on him from over a year and took two others from his school. i wish we had gotten him as it turns out with bellamy gone. he was a 4 star and played great in allstar game. i dont know about being a thug but i understand why he didnt come here i think.

Don't mean to be a smartazz but that about the time...

Jul 19, 2012, 8:38 PM

most kids try and take all authority over themselves while ignoring responsibility.

When the accountability kicks in they figure out what life is all about. One excuse works just as good as another.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic