Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Texas LB surprised at Clemson offer, but wants to take a closer look at Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,137

Front Page Story: Texas LB surprised at Clemson offer, but wants to take a closer look at Tigers

Jan 25, 2012, 8:23 PM

Texas LB surprised at Clemson offer, but wants to take a closer look at Tigers

Dallas Jesuit inside linebacker Jordan Mastrogiovanni didn't know what to expect when he was told to me with Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris Tuesday morning, but was both happy and surprised to get an offer. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NFL LB Leake was from Texas

Jan 25, 2012, 8:34 PM

we could use another Texan

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget Darnell Stephens***

Jan 25, 2012, 8:53 PM

Re: NFL LB Leake was from Texas

Jan 25, 2012, 10:04 PM [ in reply to NFL LB Leake was from Texas ]

I lived out in Dallas for a couple of years in the 80s. And they are crazy about HS FB out there. I also graduated from a Tech school in Phoenix AZ. At that time my school was the very best in the country for Automotive/Diesel Technology,and Transport refridgeration. To me, HS FB wasn't as big in Phoenix as it was in Dallas Texas. It would be a big plus for us to be able to get into the HS in Texas. Being known in the Florida/Texas schools could help keep our cupboards full of top 10 talented recruits. With that, we could stay in the top 10 in FB year in and year out. And it wouldn't hurt to recruit in Baseball/Basketball out there either. By Clemson bringing in very good coaches from the west could end up being what we have needed to get us where we want to be. At the top. But we must scandle the coots out there at every turn:)!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rank? Not that I put too much stock in that. If we are

Jan 25, 2012, 10:53 PM

going to start recruiting Texas or competing nationally, we need some great players with skills at other key positions (balance) not just "skill players." Someone posted that Hatfield got some recruits from that area, but they weren't sought after or didn't develop well, not that that really has any relevance to today's players necessarily.

Although I do like to see position coaches pulling in recruits from the other side of the ball: our OC pulling in a potential linebacker recruit. Nice.

Get it done!!! Yeah.

Go Tigers!!!

Re: Rank? Not that I put too much stock in that. If we are

Jan 26, 2012, 8:54 AM

Please don't compare Hatfield to anything good at Clemson. He started with a full stable of great players, and when he left the cupboard was so bare it has taken until now to get back close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mastrogiovanni: what is that? puerto rican? ;)***

Jan 26, 2012, 9:51 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

Probably Italian, maybe connections with the Mob?

Jan 26, 2012, 10:06 AM

That could play out in our favor...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With ACC refs?***

Jan 26, 2012, 10:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't get into specifics of course...but lets just say it

Jan 26, 2012, 10:12 AM

could change the powers that be?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm some what new to following recruiting but...

Jan 26, 2012, 9:51 AM

I think it is smart, if we are going to offer young men who live so far away from Clemson to come play for us that they do it in pairs like these 3 guys got offered. It's kind of like the military buddy system. I think guys will be much more interested in coming from that far away if they have another fellow teammate that is wanting to go as well. Clemson is so beautiful and so rich in tradition that just getting a group of guys like these to visit will be a great thing for our program. I'm so happy with the direction Dabo has us going in! It's great to be a Tiger!!!

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,137
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic