Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Davis' coach explains Sunday drama over potential Clemson visit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Davis' coach explains Sunday drama over potential Clemson visit

Jan 23, 2012, 5:02 PM

Davis' coach explains Sunday drama over potential Clemson visit

TigerNet spoke with Corey Johnson, who handles recruiting at Stephenson High School, about Mike Davis and his visit to Clemson that was called off. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Davis' coach explains Sunday drama over potential Clemson visit

Jan 23, 2012, 5:13 PM

James is crossing some lines. I loved him as a Clemson tiger and all he did for our team but his comments on Dabo are completely out of line! He doesn't seem to understand that his brother has never, and will never be a tiger because he doesn't want to be one! He's going to SC and that's his right so fine. It's Dabo's right to refuse him a chance to come to our campus and do anything that might interfere with players that want to be a tiger.

Bottom line is that James needs to take ALL the base out of his voice and realize that Dabo doesn't owe him or his brother a thing.

Exactly!***

Jan 23, 2012, 5:14 PM

What was JD thinking? Posting things to Twitter

Jan 23, 2012, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Davis' coach explains Sunday drama over potential Clemson visit ]

ain't the same as texting your homeboy....

This is pure speculation, but

Jan 23, 2012, 5:25 PM

I've been following JD's twitter account for a year or so now. I think the stress of being cut by team after team is really gnawing at him. His tweets have gotten less positive, less guarded/careful (i.e. some of his tweets would not be something you'd expect a professional football player to say/reveal), and less football-related over the months. It really does feel like reading tweets from someone who is progressively more stressed every week. On top of all that, his brother--who I'm sure he loves very much--just committed to JD's archrival school (who JD pretty much singlehandedly beat in his very last game in Death Valley...you KNOW he takes that rivalry VERY personally). You have to think that was not easy to stomach. So he's pissed right now, and unfortunately not exercising a whole lot of discretion about it.

In my completely unprofessional and uneducated opinion, I think James Davis needs a lot of slack right now. And continued support from his Clemson family.

I think both you guys nailed it

Jan 23, 2012, 5:29 PM

James is upset, and rightfully so, but not at the right people. He needs to take a chill pill with the "twittering". James, your bro wants to be a shamecock, and that's all there is to it.

James needs to grow up and you need a better hobby than

Jan 23, 2012, 5:35 PM [ in reply to This is pure speculation, but ]

reading tweets...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not a hobby, it's how I pass 10 minutes in the morning

Jan 23, 2012, 5:39 PM

But thanks for your advice anyway. I will be sure to give your suggestion all the attention it deserves.

Keep stalking...I don't care...***

Jan 23, 2012, 7:05 PM

I'd laugh at your idiocy, but

Jan 23, 2012, 8:05 PM

I've already wasted more keystrokes on you than you merit.

Plus you don't want to miss a Bieber Tweet...***

Jan 23, 2012, 8:08 PM

Re: Plus you don't want to miss a Bieber Tweet...***

Jan 24, 2012, 8:12 AM

You internet trolls are so cute.

Re: Keep stalking...I don't care...***

Jan 24, 2012, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Keep stalking...I don't care...*** ]

Hey CM shack, are you a coot lover?

Davis got cut because ever since he hurt his shoulder, his

Jan 23, 2012, 6:58 PM [ in reply to This is pure speculation, but ]

work ethic has been deplorable. I'm sorry the guy hasn't lived up to the hype, but he has brought it on himself.

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He owed him a phone call

Jan 23, 2012, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Davis' coach explains Sunday drama over potential Clemson visit ]

I don't have a problem with turning Mike away, but he owed James a phone call instead of a text.

He owed James NOTHING! And James should have stayed the F

Jan 23, 2012, 5:33 PM

out of it...

James sweat and bled

Jan 23, 2012, 5:48 PM

for this program, came back for a senior season which significantly damaged his draft stock, and is probably one of the 10 best players to play for the Tigers in the last decade. If you don't think that communicating something like this via text message was insulting to someone who has done so much for this program, then you sir, are not a true Clemson fan and need to have someone teach you some respect.

Re J Davis' stock is in free fall. He needs to can it for

Jan 23, 2012, 6:26 PM

his own good and for the good of the university.

He still made it to the NFL, and what has he done since?

Jan 23, 2012, 7:05 PM [ in reply to James sweat and bled ]

As long as you get drafted you have a chance to do something. Many players have been drafted late and have worked hard to achieve greatness. JD has been ok to bad since going pro.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe..but we are dealing with a man committed to #####

Jan 23, 2012, 11:14 PM [ in reply to He owed him a phone call ]

James should have smacked his little brother in the face for wanting to be a ####. That ain't Dabo's problem no more... etc!

Re: Front Page Story: Davis' coach explains Sunday drama over potential Clemson visit

Jan 23, 2012, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Davis' coach explains Sunday drama over potential Clemson visit ]

I absolutely agree with everything you have said. Clemson payed their debt with JD by providing him with Free room and board along with a free education. The deal made for JDs services were in no way extended to any part of his family. Get over it JD, Mike didn't want Clemson. And Clemson is very OK with it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As Usual Things

Jan 24, 2012, 12:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Davis' coach explains Sunday drama over potential Clemson visit ]

are blown out of proportion by the "actors" in the drama - coach, brother and recruit -- and also by many on this board. This is an emotional issue - family is involved. James was right in wanting his brother to visit Clemson. He was wrong in his reaction to the visit's cancellation. James Davis will always be a Tiger great and we should appreciate that. In time, this will blow over. Let's (including me) leave it alone from now on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Says that texting instead of calling shows no heart......

Jan 24, 2012, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Davis' coach explains Sunday drama over potential Clemson visit ]

well, posting things on twitter is even worse James.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently James was upset at the prospect of Mike being

Jan 23, 2012, 5:23 PM

considered the bigger Diva and made a push to reclaim the throne...

Jan 23, 2012, 5:39 PM

I wish this drama queen would just go away.. end of story lol

I don't think ANYONE including JD should question Dabo's

Jan 23, 2012, 5:51 PM

decisions regarding recruiting.

Even Dabo's haters can't criticize Dabo's ability to recruit.

Remember Urban Meyer's comments during his analysis and commentating during one of our games -- He realized why and How Dabo could steal some of his recruiting targets.

JD was just being a head strong older brother and a passionate Alum - not a bad thing -- but people need to learn to stay the #### away from their twitter account sometimes.

If DABO texted JD - maybe JD should have texted DABO back instead of hitting the public hiways.

null

reminds me of the clowns on here copy and pasting t mails

Jan 23, 2012, 5:52 PM

into the Tigernet....wow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why would my post remind you of that

Jan 23, 2012, 5:54 PM

I didn't cut and paste anything ...............

null

wasn't referring to you....was referring to a post I saw

Jan 23, 2012, 5:56 PM

last week of two nuckleheads who had a bet and it then spilled over onto tnet with each calling the other things on the main board when it should have stayed private.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm tired of Mike Davis. James Davis too.

Jan 23, 2012, 5:52 PM

I appreciate what James did for Clemson while he was a student-athlete. He always ran hard and played hard, and was an important reason why we landed C.J. Spiller. I thank him for his efforts both on and off the field while at Clemson (his AWOL incident when he was homesick notwithstanding).

However, we don't owe James Davis anything. We gave him an excellent education for FREE. He now has a Clemson degree, something he certainly would not have had he been required to apply to Clemson as a regular student. By all indications we have supported him from day one in his efforts, including those to be an NFL player.

We certainly don't owe his brother, Mike, anything either. Despite that, we extended an offer to allow his brother to visit Clemson. I'm sure this was partly due to Dabo doing something nice for James. When he found out that Mike wasn't taking it seriously, Dabo canceled the visit. Nothing wrong with that. It's not worth wasting that spot on someone who doesn't want to strongly consider Clemson.

I don't think Mike Davis is on the same level as the backs we have on campus, nor as good as Zac Brooks who has been a Clemson Tiger for quite some time now and will be a freshman in 2012.

So in short, James needs to shut the eff up. So does Mike. I don't care if either are mad at Clemson or offended by Dabo. It's not Dabo's job to cater to their childish antics.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: My sentiments exactly.***

Jan 23, 2012, 6:27 PM

Amen. We do not need a coot running interference

Jan 23, 2012, 7:20 PM [ in reply to I'm tired of Mike Davis. James Davis too. ]

- in person - on an important Junior Day.

So take a nap*****

Jan 24, 2012, 8:31 AM [ in reply to I'm tired of Mike Davis. James Davis too. ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2013_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JD needs to spend his time getting his own s##t together,

Jan 23, 2012, 6:07 PM

not living vicariously through his younger brother or conjecturing how others should run their business. I love the guy, and he's always a Tiger, but he should be on an NFL roster right now and he's not, and there's only one person in this world responsible for that, and he better figure out soon who that person is and take steps to correct it.

Just like he grew through his player angst as a freshman to go onto college greatness, he needs to grow through this challenge as a young man and make a life for himself. I wish him all the best.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^ding ding ding ding....EXACTLY^^^^^^^^^^***

Jan 23, 2012, 6:50 PM

As a professional, Dabo has to recruit blocking out all

Jan 23, 2012, 6:39 PM

other outside influences (i.e. James Davis) and do what is best for the program and this years recruiting class. He has to treat Mike Davis as any other recruit who showed no interest, backed out of one school, and comitted on a whim to our rival. Why would we owe Mike Davis anything because that's what it boils down to. James just tweeted all of his inner monologue with no discretion.

NO WAY Dabo should be texting ANYONE about his

Jan 23, 2012, 7:35 PM

who he's recruiting. I like Dabo--he's won me over. But he still does some things that I think show some immaturity as a coach, this being one of them. James Davis has every right to tweet what he wants about his brother. Dabo has no right to be tweeting the recruiting business of Clemson University.

I respectfully disagree

Jan 23, 2012, 7:53 PM

If he would have texted Mike that he no longer had a visit it is a WHOLE different story which is what I originally thought. These coaches are having their calls, visits, and i-phone chats with so many recruits, recruits' families, coaches, ect. I don't know how they do it. But Dabo really doesn't owe JD anything much, but he gave him the courtesy of letting him know before the media did. Heck, apparently Dabo texted JD so fast, he was the first to let JD know. By the way, Tony Elliot is the recruiter not Dabo. Anyway, somethings are best written and somethings have to get there fast. The truth is, noone really knows the actual events. Did JD miss a phone call? Who knows, it's best to just know that Dabo is a great recruiter with a high character so I trust him. I think you are jumping the gun.

Re: NO WAY Dabo should be texting ANYONE about his

Jan 24, 2012, 10:16 AM [ in reply to NO WAY Dabo should be texting ANYONE about his ]

Do you know for a fact this actuall occurred?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2012, 6:40 PM

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

JD, we luv ya but ya f-ed up!

Jan 23, 2012, 7:14 PM

Quit acting like a teenie bopper on Twitter.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This whole ordeal gives me the impression that James and

Jan 23, 2012, 7:57 PM

Mike don't get along too well. It almost sounds like he's going to USC to spite him, as well as show James he can be just as good, or possibly better, at his brother's school (Clemson).

The rebellious little pr1ck probably get along with no one!***

Jan 23, 2012, 9:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SO F'IN WHAT?!?!?

Jan 23, 2012, 7:59 PM

Who cares? He committed to So Car, didn't want to visit Clemson. Big deal...We wil just kick his ### over the next few years anyway...He can sit behind Lattimore...While on the Lattimore subject, NAME ANOTHER RUNNING BACK THAT LORD SPURRIER HAS EVER DEVELOPED?!? Go and be a cog in a passing offense, Mike Davis...I just hope for Connor Shaw's sake, he can block better than his brother...

Message was edited by: TigerinPawternoville®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness, Where the Tigers play...

Re: SO F'IN WHAT?!?!?

Jan 23, 2012, 9:16 PM

Fred Taylor. You should read about him.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Taylor_(American_football)

Re: SO F'IN WHAT?!?!?

Jan 24, 2012, 10:05 AM

One running back in 35 years of coaching?!?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness, Where the Tigers play...

Sounds like this is just James Davis messing up.***

Jan 23, 2012, 9:13 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2012, 9:22 PM

He isn't his brother. Most kids that start out with this kind of arrogance before they even have a team usually are not worth it anyway. Good luck in the coop.

How many total yards did JD get in the pros this year?***

Jan 23, 2012, 9:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't believe JD's attitude ...

Jan 23, 2012, 11:19 PM

I think he has 145 total rushing yards in 3 years in the NFL. Not exactly making Clemson proud. How hypocritical is it to complain about 'Dabo's arrogance' and 'non-professionalism' and then tweet your grievances like a whiney little biotch. Unbelievable!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Drama Queen tweeting = No Class***

Jan 23, 2012, 11:35 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2012, 9:11 AM

This kid has shown zero interest in Clemson, and we have shown him due courtesy as a good recruit and as a legacy brother. He isn't interested. It may be because he doesn't like Clemson, he may want to make his own name where there is no legacy to live up to, coots may have bought him something nice, or you fill in the blanks. He obviously doesn't care about getting a great education, and he thinks coots are okay, so his judgement is very poor. We are much better off with him not at Clemson, if he isn't all in. We will be fine! Time to move on and just make a point to bury him deep when our teams play.

Dear James:

Jan 24, 2012, 10:22 AM

I loved you as a Tiger but the fact is your brother never WANTED to be a Tiger and will never BE a Tiger. We've accepted that, Dabo's accepted that, and it's time you accepted that. Please don't tarnish our memory of you by continuing to talk bad about Dabo or Clemson University or any of the people that represent Clemson University. We have guys that WANT to be Tigers that will be on campus this weekend and since Mike appears to NOT want to be a Tiger, his presence there is not needed. I wish him luck except when he plays against Clemson. You should do the same. You will always be a Tiger. We appreciate what you TRIED to do but it's time to move on. We have. Go Tigers!!

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic