Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Davis has no visit for this weekend, per KornCOOT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,460

Davis has no visit for this weekend, per KornCOOT

Jan 17, 2012, 12:54 PM

January 17, 2012

By Phil Kornblut

USC commitment RB Mike Davis of Stone Mountain, GA said Tuesday morning he is not taking an official visit anywhere this weekend. He had scheduled one with Georgia before committing to USC. However, he did not dismiss the possibility of a visit to Clemson the next weekend. "I don't know," Davis said when asked if he might visit Clemson January 28th. Davis' brother is former Clemson star running back James Davis, and he has been pushing his brother to make the Clemson visit even though the Tigers have not been recruiting his younger brother. Mike Davis committed to USC last Friday while on his official visit and has said the commitment is a firm one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Davis has no visit for this weekend, per KornCOOT

Jan 17, 2012, 12:56 PM

I think at some point you just let it go and move on. The kid has never show any interest in Clemson that I've seen. With JD lobbying in our corner if he cant even visit then we'll see him in late November the next few years

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought we were recruiting him? But maybe I shouldn't

Jan 17, 2012, 12:59 PM

believe what I read on TigerNet. :)

Seems KornCOOT knows the truth about MD's recruiting

Jan 17, 2012, 12:59 PM

that some around here don't.

Davis' brother is former Clemson star running back James Davis, and he has been pushing his brother to make the Clemson visit even though the Tigers have not been recruiting his younger brother.

There's two words you don't ever hear together: KornCoot and

Jan 17, 2012, 1:01 PM

"truth"...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And T NET Experts.

Jan 17, 2012, 1:03 PM

Everyone was in meltdown mode on the young man for picking USuC over CU. I guess when you're not being recruited heavily,it's no choice.

Thank you. Even some recruiting sites left CLEMSON off

Jan 17, 2012, 1:08 PM

the list as teams that were recruiting him. Apparently we decided not to recruit the kid for some reason. I'm not saying he's not good, but maybe our coaches realized it was too late to jump in the mix or maybe they asked and got a response that made them decide not to waste their time.

I do wonder what would happen if he came to campus though. CLEMSON owes him a visit if nothing else for JD.

Re: Thank you. Even some recruiting sites left CLEMSON off

Jan 17, 2012, 1:11 PM

I've always seen him say he didnt want to go to school where James went so I suspect he influenced his lack of CU recruitment pretty directly with his interest level or lack there of

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2012, 2:31 PM

Pretty sure he's also been quoted as saying he doesn't want to play in a spread offense.

Jan 17, 2012, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Thank you. Even some recruiting sites left CLEMSON off ]

"I've always seen him say he didnt want to go to school where James went so I suspect he influenced his lack of CU recruitment pretty directly with his interest level or lack there of"

Yea, that's what I thought as well. I find it weird because I've heard from someone that went to school with JD that JD wanted him at Clemson. Who know's how much truth there is to that.

Jan 17, 2012, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Thank you. Even some recruiting sites left CLEMSON off ]

Clemson didn't offer until December. His list of schools are very impressive, nonetheless. #6 ranked RB in the nation by a couple recruiting services. so he's a stud back.

Jan 17, 2012, 3:24 PM

"Clemson didn't offer until December. His list of schools are very impressive, nonetheless. #6 ranked RB in the nation by a couple recruiting services. so he's a stud back."

Because he was committed to UF. I would think we would have shown some interest had he not been committed.

so either that, or this (link) is a lie

Jan 17, 2012, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Seems KornCOOT knows the truth about MD's recruiting ]

http://clemson.rivals.com/

"Last night Tony Elliott phoned 4-star RB Mike Davis, James Davis' younger brother, to see if a Clemson visit is still possible. "

Which one do you think is NOT TRUE?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CLEMSON owes him a visit if nothing else for JD.

Jan 17, 2012, 1:16 PM

They haven't been recruiting him because of his lack of interest in Clemson. James is the one lobbying Clemson , Mom and Mike for this. I'd like him to visit and be blown away,but this will be a Courtesy visit.Mike and Clemson both doing it for James,but once he gets there maybe something will happen.

Re: CLEMSON owes nothing.***

Jan 17, 2012, 1:20 PM

do you think Mike ever came to see James at Clemson?

Jan 17, 2012, 1:44 PM [ in reply to CLEMSON owes him a visit if nothing else for JD. ]

Mike is not interested in Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: do you think Mike ever came to see James at Clemson?

Jan 17, 2012, 1:54 PM

we do not need mike davis..he is not interested in us and we do not need him.. my son watched film on this guy and says he is just not that impressive..let carolina have him.. who cares......

^^True^^***

Jan 17, 2012, 3:25 PM [ in reply to do you think Mike ever came to see James at Clemson? ]

Who cares at this point?

Jan 17, 2012, 3:48 PM

The kid has half the character that his brother has. He deserves USuC and they deserve him.

He is trying to be the opposite of James, and my prediction is, he will be. Grades, arrests, stats-all opposite.

Oh, and on the losing end of the rivalry, just another opposite.

Re: Who cares at this point?

Jan 17, 2012, 7:11 PM

According to James on Twitter, Tennessee just left their house.

Re: Davis has no visit for this weekend, per KornCOOT

Jan 17, 2012, 9:04 PM

Great for Mike Davis. Clemson has moved on and so has he. I doubt he has his brothers heart...certainly isn't as smart.

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,460
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic