Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Source: Steele not offered Tenn DC job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Source: Steele not offered Tenn DC job

Jan 10, 2012, 6:18 PM

Source: Steele not offered Tenn DC job

Reports indicating that Clemson defensive coordinator Kevin Steele turned down an offer for the same position at the University of Tennessee are incorrect, according to a source close to Steele. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aw crap, that means he's still ours.

Jan 10, 2012, 6:24 PM

Bummer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol yeah...

Jan 10, 2012, 6:25 PM

steele is trolling us..teased leaving a few years ago for more money..now we cant get rid of him to save our team

Re: Front Page Story: Source: Steele not offered Tenn DC job

Jan 10, 2012, 6:28 PM

3 years left of this? Dear God i hope the offense can start averaging 80 pts a game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 10, 2012, 7:40 PM

We will have to atleast average 45 points a game to even win in a fairly weak ACC. Personally for me this is bad news. I guess he will stick around long enough to cause the whole staff to lose their jobs. Unless Dabo does what I personally think should happen, Steele is let go....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2012, 6:29 PM

I was hoping that Steele would go to UT, and maybe he still will, but if not it looks like he's ours. IMHO, as someone who played football for 12 years, the biggest problem is that his schemes are too complicated, the guys are having to think to much and a lack of fundamentals. Look at what the Alabama D did last night...they played smash mouth defensive football like we did back in the 80's, not a lot of complicated schemes, just hard nosed football and that's what we are missing, but what we have the ability to do.

paul johnson is licking his chops***

Jan 10, 2012, 6:29 PM

Re: paul johnson is licking his chopblocks***

Jan 10, 2012, 6:35 PM

I don't actually know what that means

Re: paul johnson is licking his chops***

Jan 10, 2012, 7:42 PM [ in reply to paul johnson is licking his chops*** ]

So are the coots. If we lose to the coots this year, there should be a complete house cleaning. Period!!!

Jan 10, 2012, 6:32 PM

Spurrier is probably happy, we spank them in our house next year.

Re: Re: Front Page Story: Source: Steele not offered Tenn DC job

Jan 10, 2012, 6:34 PM

Yep. Players looking to the sideline looking confused and lost is coaching imo he cant teach his scheme in one offseason. Imo the reason Morris' offense was so effective in a short period is because its not over complicated. Also having an over complicated scheme takes away time from working the fundamentals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Morris openly said that...

Jan 10, 2012, 7:23 PM

the Offense wasn't completely installed because the team wasn't ready and that he had to scale it back. i.e. it was too complicated.

FWIW

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: paul johnson is licking his chops***

Jan 10, 2012, 6:36 PM

Lol him and any coach with an athletic qb or air raid concept.

null

Sensitive wording from edited WSPA article

Jan 10, 2012, 6:40 PM

"Despite indications from sources in Tennessee, Clemson defensive coordinator Kevin Steele has not been offered the same job with the Volunteers, according to a TigerIllustrated.com source."

http://www2.wspa.com/sports/2012/jan/10/clemsons-steele-turned-down-offer-tennessee-ar-3020553/

had not been offered the same job

Source: Steele not offered Tenn DC job- not surprising

Jan 10, 2012, 6:41 PM

when has a Dooley ever done anything that would help Clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kind of reminds me of when Napier wasn't offered the

Jan 10, 2012, 6:43 PM

Furman job. At least, I hope the two situations are very similar.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Napier didn't have a 3 yr contract.***

Jan 10, 2012, 6:51 PM

True, I'm just grasping at straws here***

Jan 10, 2012, 6:58 PM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

yea, why would they? UT's defense already sux!***

Jan 10, 2012, 6:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: yea, why would they? UT's defense already sux!***

Jan 10, 2012, 6:49 PM

UT had a defense ranked in the top 30 ours was 81

WTH is Steele still here?!

Re: Getting 70 hung on you in a BCS bowl will do that

Jan 10, 2012, 7:09 PM

Tape needs to be studied and players that laid-down need to be held accountable as well!!

whatever changes need to be made, it's clear our defense

Jan 10, 2012, 7:22 PM

needs a complete overhaul. the best option would be rid ourselves of steele. but if we can't do that, then dabo must do SOMETHING to fix the problem. can a coach be demoted, but retained for contractual purposes. like "we're gonna keep you, but your job will now be senior assistant gatorade getter"?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

NO Buyout? Why is he still here???

Jan 10, 2012, 7:19 PM

If he is still here next year I have ZERO confidence that our defense will be any better. All I know is the younger LB's need to be on the field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please, let's get the problems fixed!!

Jan 10, 2012, 8:25 PM

Can somebody please explain to me how our offense and occasionally our defense can play so good against VT, Florida State,etc. Then really suck against teams like South Carolina and WV, GA TECH?? I agree with Andy! It is time for Kevin Steele to go, and any other coaches, players, that aren't doing their job should be dismissed as well. I heard Dabo say 2 or 3 times last year that there we're a few players that weren't pulling their weight! If he knows about this that why hasn't he,or Chad pulled the slackers off the team? I live in Gamecock country and when people see my bumper sticker's, shirts and Clemson jacket that I wear, I get teased and all I can do is hang my head and walk away!! Dabo get the problem under control...PLEASE!!!

Dabo must be bummed. Now he has a tough decision to make.

Jan 10, 2012, 7:40 PM

Does Dabo keep Steele, risk having a similar defense next season, and raise the ire fo the fanbase?

Or does Dabo fire Steele, risk hiring a new DC, and essentially admit that his coordinator decisions have mostly been bad in that he fired Koenning as DC, hired Steele as DC, and hired Napier as OC?

I'll bet Dabo would be willing to pay Dooley to take Steele.

Koening left on his own when he didn't get the hc job***

Jan 10, 2012, 7:48 PM

No. Dabo fired him. Here's a link to the article proving it

Jan 10, 2012, 7:59 PM

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2008/dec/02/clemsons_swinney_dismisses_defensive_coordinator_k/

Koenning offered to stay, but Dabo fired him. Dabo didn't like Koenning. It was personal, not business.

Re: No. Dabo fired him. Here's a link to the article proving it

Jan 10, 2012, 8:11 PM

Why would he keep him if he knew he wasn't all in?

Because Koenning is one of the best DCs in the country.

Jan 10, 2012, 8:59 PM

I can't tell if you're joking about Dabo firing Koenning because Koenning wasn't "all in". Just in case you weren't joking, here's why Dabo shouldn't have fired Koenning:

Scoring Defense Rank:
2011: #81 (Steele)
2010: #13 (Steele)
2009: #25 (Steele)
2008: #13 (Koenning)
2007: #10 (Koenning)
2006: #16 (Koenning)
2005: #11 (Koenning)

3rd down conversions allowed:
2011: #73, 41.0% (Steele)
2010: #49, 38.5% (Steele)
2009: #64, 39.0% (Steele)
2008: #46, 37.2% (Koenning)
2007: #36, 36.0% (Koenning)
2006: #46, 36.3% (Koenning)
2005: #32, 35.2% (Koenning)

Re: Dabo must be bummed. Now he has a tough decision to make.

Jan 10, 2012, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Dabo must be bummed. Now he has a tough decision to make. ]

It just points out everytime you make a hire there is risk involved. Just like you can never be sure how a high school player will do at next level, same with coaches. sometimes they click sometimes they don't.

And yet the great coaches get it done consistently.***

Jan 10, 2012, 7:54 PM

In other news, nobody has offered Dabo or Bowden an HC job.

Jan 10, 2012, 7:53 PM

But there have only been 94 FBS head coaching changes since Bowden was fired. Terry Don Philips was so smart to give Bowden a $4M buyout. Bowden is obviously in very high demand. I'll bet they're lining up to steal Dabo away from us too.
http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/coaching_changes.html

Razz. SHUTUP!!!!

Jan 10, 2012, 8:25 PM

Are you lame enough to think every offer or conversation is reported to the media? How do you KNOW that Dabo hasn't been offered a job? Are you also a stalker and hiding out under his desk? Oh, and exactly HOW many times will you bring this up again? I'm starting to think you have a combination of "Redeemer" and "No" complexes (look 'em up.) Where your only goal on this forum is to make sure everyone feels the same way you feel about this point. Either that or you have Aspergers, to which I'm sorry I brought all this up.

And yet the press reported Steele's & Morris's job contacts

Jan 10, 2012, 8:46 PM

... as well as Bowden's Arkansas bluff and hundreds of other rumored coaching changes. I guess you think Bowden's and Dabo's phone is ringing off the hook with FBS head coaching job offers.

Thanks for sharing your Psychology 101 lexicon. It's funny that you never complain when the same people blow the exact same pumper comments over and over. Maybe you have a "God complex" or you're just "intolerant". (Look 'em up.)

Most are reported. But you don't KNOW of those that aren't.

Jan 10, 2012, 9:25 PM

Nearly every post you make is rhetoric and propoganda-style comments. Rarely do you quote facts about Dabo or Tommy. It's called hate. Plain and simple. It's also quite incompetent. My 8 year old does it all the time. Are you 8, Razz? Maybe a nerd who can't get anyone to take you serious so you repeat your only 2 points over and over until....what? Someone showers you with accolades? Haven't seen that in here, so apparently you're not only ignorant and delusional but also patient. And yers, I am an arrogant prick. What's your excuse?

Hey Seattle, that's a little harsh...

Jan 10, 2012, 9:37 PM

Dude, I think Razz is an ee-dee-uht as well. I do not respect him much on this board either. But lets keep the personal slams out of it. I have him "ignored" in my settings, along with anyone else who pounds the same message over and over, or who appranetly has an agenda. Those people get predictive, are generally un-interesting and probably don't contribute much to the school. I'd suggest you do the same and ignore those who rub you the wrong way. But grow up a little and realize that some people just want their point heard. And they don't deserve to be attacked. Razz just doesn't have a lot of knowledge about how life works, so he pounds the only two thoughts he's ever been able to muster, over and over and over.... SHOOT! Now you've got me doing it ;)

Sorry about your Seahawks this year!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Yes, follow RU4GOD's lead, and PLEASE ignore my posts.

Jan 10, 2012, 11:54 PM

My posts are obviously a waste of your time, and your whining is a waste of my time. Do us all a favor.

Ironically, I provided facts, figures, & links. You whined.

Jan 10, 2012, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Most are reported. But you don't KNOW of those that aren't. ]

Practically every comment on TigerNet is an opinion, but you never complain about anybody's opinion if it agrees with yours. At least in the case of most of my posted opinions, I provide reasons, facts, data, and links to supporting articles or data.

Above I posted a combination of opinion, facts, and links. You, on the other hand, without providing any countervaling data, just whined, naysayed, insulted me, and told me to "shut up". How ironic that you think I act like an 8 year old!

When my kids were 8 years old they acted like you, whining and telling people to "shut up", but then they learned to act like civilized adults by the time they became teenagers.

Re: Most are reported. But you don't KNOW of those that aren't.

Jan 11, 2012, 12:50 AM [ in reply to Most are reported. But you don't KNOW of those that aren't. ]

I would give Razz accolades every post. He deserves a million gazillion accolades as he has known what all of Tigernet will agree upon after our 4th loss to SC this year. That hiring a WR coach was a science project that could never succeed.

The program has not moved forward.

If anyone watched the championship game you saw what a real coach does. Demand excellence and accountability. what you saw in game starts in practice.

When Dabo is buying poker chips, giving bear hugs, chest bumps, dancing and making neato cool slogans up for Clemson. "One team, One dream, One national 70point that should have been 84-100 pt disaster" up. Real coaches are harping fundamentals and accountability.

Way to be spot on ALWAYS RAZZ.

Jan 10, 2012, 8:34 PM

The defense has been on their heels all season and the offense set records. Take out the should have been easy games against Wofford and Troy, and the manhandle of VT twice, and the spank from WVU, our offense put up impressive numbers but the defense couldn't stop the rest...298-281...Reminds me of when Woody D. could score at will but the games were a track meet due to the lack of defense...

Just window dressing-really do you think Dabo

Jan 10, 2012, 8:54 PM

will marry his future to old school defense Steele in the new age of offenses? Dabo can keep Steele and then when our defense bends or breaks next year the two coaches are done after failing to meet high expectations OR Dabo will let business take care of itself in the coming weeks and will eventually hire a new coordinator with a new approach and that adds more years of allowance to see how the new guy does before the seat heats up again. The way I see it the new man will buy them all more time with an impatient Clemson fanbase but if they keep Steele all of their ropes get shorter. Sounds like an easy decision and I think Dabo will respectfully wait for Steele to take care of this for himself before he has to do something. But as recruiting deadline looms I think Dabo will allow a week or two but if Steele cannot land something soon Dabo will do what he has done before. Go Tigers

Agree. We can't continue with "half" of a team******

Jan 10, 2012, 9:26 PM

No s##t, Sherlock.***

Jan 10, 2012, 10:39 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Morris openly said that...

Jan 10, 2012, 10:51 PM

I was under the impression that he got 80% of the O installed by game one. I was also under the impression that he said his offense runs alot of the same plays just runs them out of many formations. I personally believe he hasnt used the whole play book bc he doesnt think/want to run Tajh like he ran his qb at Tulsa. So imho he had as much of the offense installed as he could based on how the players fit into the system.

null

Jan 11, 2012, 7:15 AM

> > width=5> 
> src=http://images.tigernet.com/stories/11/football/ste
> ele_kevin_troy2_478.jpg>
> size=2>
> cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0>
> href=/view/story.do?id=10296 class="newstitle">> style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Helv,
> sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold;
> color: #4D1979; text-decoration: none">Source: Steele
> not offered Tenn DC job

> class=newsbody> Reports indicating that Clemson
> defensive coordinator Kevin Steele turned down an
> offer for the same position at the University of
> Tennessee are incorrect, according to a source close
> to Steele. > href=/view/story.do?id=10296>> class=fullstory>Full Story
> »

With Kevin Steele not going anywhere, we are gonna need all the offense we can get

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic