Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Ellington leaving for the NFL?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,085

Football Player Update: Ellington leaving for the NFL?

Jan 9, 2012, 10:13 PM

Ellington leaving for the NFL?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ba bye

Jan 9, 2012, 10:19 PM

hb

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Ellington leaving for the NFL?

Jan 9, 2012, 10:22 PM

I wish him the best but I'm not buying him in the third round. In the third round NFL teams are picking prime time corn fed OL beef...not scatbacks.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2012, 10:24 PM

as a famous announcer would say "not so fast my friend"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally Bogus report!

Jan 9, 2012, 10:25 PM

AE is coming back

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is adviseing him.

Jan 9, 2012, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Ellington leaving for the NFL? ]

Bowers was a top pick last year then got injured and dropped down like a hammer.
Andre is better but did get injured this year, so scotts will be scared of him.

He should stay one more year.

Re: Who is adviseing him.

Jan 10, 2012, 12:11 AM

Whomever is advising AE must not have seen the take-away in Orange Bowl last Wednesday night. That play absolutely turned the game upside down for the CU Tigers.

Suggest Andre get through next year w/o the injury situation and hold on to the ball all next season.

We may lose him but will hope to get Gurley should that happen. You saw tonight the need to have and play two RBs that are effective with Alabama-LSU game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3rd round???? I don't think Andre is ready yet.

Jan 9, 2012, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Ellington leaving for the NFL? ]

Another year, weight, experience, and he could be a 1st rounder with many millions...

Total BS

Jan 9, 2012, 10:23 PM

This report is bogus. Stay tuned.

BOTTOM LINE WHEN WILL AE GO PUBLIC?

Jan 10, 2012, 9:51 AM

WHEN WILL HE ANNOUNCE IT HIMSELF?

I think he'd be better off staying, but I can't blame him if

Jan 9, 2012, 10:36 PM

decides to leave. Hard to turn down that kind of money, even if staying would mean more money (and it may not).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jan 9, 2012, 10:38 PM

Good luck AE!

Jan 9, 2012, 10:42 PM

Yes he will go. Believe it or not I have a source whois familiar with the players and works for a clemson football website. She said he was 50/50 if allen was staying, but since allen has left so will Ellington for sure.

While my opinion on this matter...

Jan 9, 2012, 11:44 PM

has a bit of a self-serving basis behind it, I do think most people will agree that Ellington would benefit greatly from another year playing at the collegiate level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Because instantradiorivals is a quality source***

Jan 10, 2012, 1:01 AM

Clemson Blues Brothers

Jan 10, 2012, 1:08 AM

Ellington was the most overlooked of the "big 3" ie watkins, boyd n andre, but he proved to be as important to this team as any player...alot was made of the young talent the tigers had at RB, but andre is the guy, n we saw that moreso when he got injured and we struggled without him... hopefully our o-line tears it up next year, cuz we will be missing a special player in Ellington...
just wanna say this guy is class all the way, i grew more impressed with each interview i saw him... alot of times u see character issues/negativity pop up with kids this age which is usually inevitable due to immaturity, but i never heard a negative thing come from this stud, he represents himself and the Clemson family as well as anyone ive seen!!!!!
luv this guy, good luck n god bless<3 hopefully Andre does whats best for him n his family:) but i would luv to see him back.

Jan 10, 2012, 1:28 AM

AE was a pleasure to watch, but I am jumping on the Bellamy bandwagon right now. If he pulls his head out of his butt, he could have the best numbers ever from a Clemson back. Needs to settle down and realize the job is his now. Get out there and work out the whole off season with Sammy and could be the best duo in the country.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way a 3rd rounder. Too injury prone so far to go that

Jan 10, 2012, 9:58 AM

high. If CJ has had trouble settling in, AE will be cast aside quickly.

Jan 10, 2012, 10:03 AM

He'll never be a 1st rounder and we give up on the run way to easy. Maybe he doesn't think another year will increase his value.

terrible decision. RBs need to be higher...

Jan 10, 2012, 10:06 AM

...picks (1st round) to come out early. they have the shortest career of any position so they need more signing money up front. the amount of signing money also correlated the team's commitment to the player. as a 3rd or 4th round pick, he'll be lucky to make a practice squad next year and may never suit up in a game ever unless he truly commits himself.

i'd like to add to myself that C.J. Spiller....

Jan 10, 2012, 10:12 AM

...may not be having a great NFL career and wind up as a bust, but the reason he's still in the league is that he was a 1st round pick that the Bills invested in. he would have never been a 1st round pick w/o his SR year at Clemson. and even if his career ends in a year or two, he will have gotten 1st round money to carry him through his career off the football field.

Ellington leaving for the NFL?

Jan 10, 2012, 10:18 AM

I have enjoyed watching Ellington play. I will be pulling for him next year if he goes to the NFL, or if he stays and runs for Clemson. He is fun to watch, I wish him success and if he stays healthy, he will be.

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,085
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic