Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pathetic. Disgraceful. Ignominious. Shameful. Miserable.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Pathetic. Disgraceful. Ignominious. Shameful. Miserable.

Jan 5, 2012, 9:18 AM

Dishonorable. Shocking. Unworthy. Demeaning. Humiliating. Disastrous. Calamitous. Intolerable. Abhorrent. Contemptible. Vile. Atrocious.

Worst loss ever in the history of bowl games.

No, coaches, apparently we did not have a good month of preparation, because if you are well prepared, you do not lose worse than anyone ever has in a bowl game.

After 30 years, we return to the place of our greatest moment...and collapse in the worst possible way, worse than ANYONE EVER HAS IN A BOWL GAME.

An absolute embarassment to field a team representing Clemson that performs like that in the biggest game in 30 years.

Disgusting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pathetic. Disgraceful. Ignominious. Shameful. Miserable.

Jan 5, 2012, 9:35 AM

It would be different if this was the first time Clemson had 'laid an egg' on the national stage - truth is that this has been way too common over the past 15 years. My 'ah-ha' moment was sitting through the 'Debacle at Duke' in 2004 or 2005. From that point on - No expectations / no disappointment!!!

Jan 5, 2012, 9:36 AM

Photobucket

I forgot embarassing. How could I forget that?***

Jan 5, 2012, 9:38 AM

Re: I forgot embarassing. How could I forget that?***

Jan 5, 2012, 1:36 PM

B/C embarassing is to soft of a word for this debacle....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2012, 9:38 AM

And it's not like this is the first time something like this has happened over the past 15 years....

There are not enough adjectives to describe...***

Jan 5, 2012, 9:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are not enough adjectives to describe...***

Jan 5, 2012, 1:39 PM

You're right. There isn't a word or two words that could express these feeling. Its actually wordless feelings!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I may be more disgusted now than ever with this team

Jan 5, 2012, 10:32 AM

And that is saying a lot considereing some of the crap we have seen served up as football over the years.

But this shamefully incompetent? In the Orange bowl?

What are words to describe Dabo's coaching ability?***

Jan 5, 2012, 1:40 PM

I was thinking of the irony of returning to the bowl of our

Jan 5, 2012, 1:41 PM

greatest moment for this disaster. But I am really glad the old Orange Bowl has been torn down. To have this happen on the very field that we won the national title would have been even worse.

Quit being so melodramatic. It's just football.***

Jan 5, 2012, 1:42 PM

OK, 2 days have passed. It is still freakin pathetic.

Jan 6, 2012, 10:51 AM

I don't know if I've ever seen one of our teams look that bad.

I think it is wrong, and important, to chalk it up to prep

Jan 6, 2012, 11:05 AM

aration.

It appeared to me we had a good offensive gameplan that was working. The defensive problems had to do with fundamental skills, like tackling, and not so much scheme, although there are at least 70 reasons to question that, too.

But what got us killed is how we reacted, both players and coaches, to 'adversity' (the most overused word in all of sports).
We didn't quit playing hard, but frustration, lack of confidence, pressing, took over.

THat game changing play made the game 28-17. We then kick a fg and it's 28-20 in the 2nd Q.
WVU goes and scores and it's 35-20. Bad, but in a high scoring game not too much to get worried.
THen what do we do? We abandon the run, WVU drops 8 into coverage and Tajh tried to force the ball, getting intercepted.
WVU scores again. 42-20. Crap, this ain't going well.
So, we have to throw here because of the clock, Tajh doesn't protect the ball and they get it again and score.

49-20, game over.

It's important for the players and coaches to understand that it wasn't in our preparation, but in the reaction to circumstances that caused the implosion.

Well, that, and all our defensive coaches need to get canned.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic