Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson falls to UTEP in opening round of Diamond Head Classic
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,994

Front Page Story: Clemson falls to UTEP in opening round of Diamond Head Classic

Dec 22, 2011, 5:16 PM

Clemson falls to UTEP in opening round of Diamond Head Classic

K.J. McDaniels came off the bench to score a career-high 13 points for the
Tigers.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson falls to UTEP in opening round of Diamond Head Classic

Dec 22, 2011, 7:49 PM

Why did our admin not support OP? It must have been something behind the scene for both parties to not even talk. Clemson BB is going in the dumps fast and the recruits are not thinking of heading this way ACC badge or not. Rough times ahead.

He absolutely was supported. The way he treated his players

Dec 22, 2011, 7:58 PM

when he abruptly resigned and headed to Chicago speaks to his character. Personally, I am glad he is gone.

Re: He absolutely was supported. The way he treated his players

Dec 22, 2011, 9:52 PM

I beg to differ on the support of the Admin. I do agree that the way he left without confronting the players was wrong. The Admin though did not respect him on giving him the support he needed to continue to grow the program.

The crop of talent that is now being assembled don't have that edge to play in the ACC. The style of play is way to soft. I hate to see how things turn out this year in ACC play although I wish the team the best. The top recruits will not be coming this way after this year thats for sure.

Dec 22, 2011, 10:27 PM [ in reply to He absolutely was supported. The way he treated his players ]

BS, Purnell was a class act. You do not know the details, nor anything about his character. His players never got in trouble and worked their butts off for him. The results showed immediately.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2011, 10:36 PM

Thank you! I was beginning to wonder if anyone else remembered what OP brought to Clemson.

The results did not show immediately.

Dec 23, 2011, 4:23 AM [ in reply to Re: He absolutely was supported. The way he treated his players ]

We sucked his first few years. I respect what he was able to accomplish at Clemson and I disagree with those that think he was bad for the program. However, BB is a much better coach and will take us further than OP. This year and next year will be difficult ones--just as OP's teams were their first years--but once BB gets his players and his system in place the ceiling will ultimately be higher for the program. OP hit his ceiling, as he is a program builder and that's about as far as he can go, and knew it was best for him and the program to leave. I don't fault him for that decision, though I absolutely fault him for the manner in which he left. He is better than that.

I implore all Tiger fans to have patience with the basketball program as these next couple of years will be tough. I will say though, don't forget these years as they will make the sweetness of where we are going that much better. I'm looking forward to it.

Re: The results did not show immediately.

Dec 23, 2011, 9:57 AM

Your comments are DEAD-ON CORRECT!! Great post and point for you!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson falls to UTEP in opening round of Diamond Head Classic

Dec 22, 2011, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Clemson falls to UTEP in opening round of Diamond Head Classic ]

Go home coot - you have enough problems with your team there!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2011, 10:18 PM

Just because I don't have a reference to tiger in my user name does not make me a Coot! I am borm and raised in SC and have followed Clemson sports since the 1979. Maybe even before you were born. Get your facts in order before name calling.

The truth hurts and I hate to losing. Point blank bottom line. Tweet that!!!!!

Actually, some were jumping his a$$ about not winning a tour

Dec 22, 2011, 8:08 PM

-ney game. This went on for several years.

Dec 22, 2011, 8:21 PM

A 12 minute scoreless streak is epic

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,994
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic