Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Bullard sets announcement date, talks Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 5,446

Front Page Story: Bullard sets announcement date, talks Clemson

Dec 12, 2011, 10:39 PM

Bullard sets announcement date, talks Clemson

Jonathan Bullard was in Spartanburg Monday for the first day of Shrine Bowl practices, and the eyes of many of the college coaches, high school coaches, recruiting gurus and media were on the 6-4, 255-pounder. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorry.....

Dec 12, 2011, 10:51 PM

did he do everything BUT announce a commitment to Clemson in that interview????

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sorry.....

Dec 12, 2011, 11:02 PM

With OBS iam sure his wallet will be open until he says i'd be worried

At this point I'd be really surprised if he were not a

Dec 12, 2011, 11:12 PM [ in reply to I'm sorry..... ]

Clemson Tiger.

I just have to say that landing Carlos first was HUGE.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Did he do everything but announce a CU committment?

Dec 13, 2011, 12:27 AM [ in reply to I'm sorry..... ]

I don't get that impression TBH.

Bullard's down to 3 schools so there have to be some positives for him to speak of when asked about Clemson, especially when asked by a Clemson person. If a SC interviewer asked the questions, Bullard would be giving some positives about SC b/c they're also in his final list. Ditto for UF.

What worries me is he put SC in front of the other 2 schools without any hesitation, and then when he was asked "Do you have the 3 in order, or are all 3 equal?", Bullard said "Yes sir, all 3 are equal".... but it was quite obvious he was lying or hiding something.

The question is: was he lying about them not being in order or was he lying about them being equal? We already know that he feels 70% certain where he wants to go, so hopefully the lie was in regards to their "equality" rather than being related to the chronological order he listed them.

In 2 separate August 4th interviews, Bullard again chronologically mentioned SC first when asked who he liked. Plus he said "academics aren't a major thing".

So that's 3 interviews where SC was mentioned first.
Florida is in the mix b/c his best friend Ledbetter is going there.... and Clemson is in the mix b/c we're Clemson, but if he's going somewhere b/c of a friend, UF & Ledbetter have the inside track on Clemson & Watkins.

IMO his heart is probably at SC with aspirations of playing opposite Clowney, but his head is trying to weight where he "should" go, which keeps us in the mix.

Inconceivable!!***

Dec 13, 2011, 3:07 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Inconceivable!!***

Dec 13, 2011, 2:47 PM

"You keep saying that, I dont think it means what you think it means"

Re: Did he do everything but announce a CU committment?

Dec 13, 2011, 6:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Did he do everything but announce a CU committment? ]

Go away troll!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Go away troll

Dec 13, 2011, 2:42 PM

I'm sorry everything's not all unicorn farts for me. Outside of your orange & purple shaded world, there are actually recruits who will not choose Clemson.

Just because I want Bullard to become a Tiger, it doesn't mean I need to lose ALL objectivity about it (like yourself) and ignore his body language and cues, which at this point seem to be hinting at SC. If Bullard is for some reason going to SC, then he's going to SC; our wishes and desires won't change it, and neither will trying to shove discussion about it under the mat.

If anyone's a troll, it's you for not bringing anything to this topic but antagonism & immaturity.

Feels like South Carolina to me.

Dec 13, 2011, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Did he do everything but announce a CU committment? ]

Hope I'm wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, Ryan Bartow & Robert McRae, heck even Carlos Watkins

Dec 13, 2011, 11:34 AM

& even Mike Farrell the recruiting analyst for the Southeast for Rivals would all be surprised if he didn't choose Clemson.

He's gonna be a tiger

i wouldn't say he was "lying"

Dec 13, 2011, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Did he do everything but announce a CU committment? ]

but his eyes did start shifting side to side when the question was asked, so that would indicate he wasn't being forthcoming. I too got the feeling Clemson was NOT his first choice at that point. Can't say for sure why, just a feeling. But his body language DID change at that point. But lying? Nah.. he's just not wanting to reveal his choice at this point and could have been trying to throw everyone off. We'll find out next week.

LOL! "Academics aren't a major thing."

Dec 13, 2011, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Did he do everything but announce a CU committment? ]

I'm sure South Carolina administrative staff are delighted to know that Bullard's impression of the school is that academics aren't a major thing....

if all 3 were equal he wouldn't be 70% sure***

Dec 13, 2011, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Did he do everything but announce a CU committment? ]

Re: Re: Did he do everything but announce a CU committment?

Dec 13, 2011, 12:53 AM

Lmao well then. Honestly if the kid picks scar wouldnt suprise me. However he will play early and often at clemson. If he wants to be a pro he needs to stay out of trouble something players at scar have trouble with. Carlos watkins is clemsons biggest asset in recruiting bullard. Scar has depth at De apparently at least according to scar fans they have 4 future all sec de lmao.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I heard he probably wouldn't be able to get into Clemson

Dec 13, 2011, 9:53 AM

academically, and would have to attend a prep school for a year. I could see this being a major issue. It would be a lot easier to get into SC or UF, but he doubt he would start at SC this year, but he coulds possibly start at UF.

I hope I am wrong, because I could see this guy doing great things in the Valley and contributing right away! I know the guys in Vickory will keep him focused and eligible. It will certainly be interesting! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

We REALLY need to get this kid, especially cannot let him

Dec 13, 2011, 11:31 AM

go to the dump in cootville!! But unfortunately they've beat our azzes 3 straight years now.

Re: Front Page Story: Bullard sets announcement date, talks Clemson

Dec 13, 2011, 11:41 AM

Clemson for sure unless SEC money is delivered to Mom from the old ball coach. Something is fishy with him and Mom meeting but no player there.

That would not happen if I or my son was being recruited.

You not recruiting my mom.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Bullard sets announcement date, talks Clemson

Dec 14, 2011, 3:51 PM

Play behind J Clowney at Carolina or shine above him at Clemson and follow in footsteps of Gaines Adams and DeQuann Bowers to the NFL. Seems like an easy decision to me

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Replies: 18
| visibility 5,446
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic