Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What did y'all think about them playing up VT's 4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

What did y'all think about them playing up VT's 4

Dec 5, 2011, 11:02 AM

ACC Championships but not mentioning our 13 (now 14) + 4 other conference titles? The TV crew acted like this was our first title we ever won in the conference or something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

frustrating

Dec 5, 2011, 11:04 AM

but if we go back next year or the following year, our number of conf championships will be a talking point

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't know about everyone else, but I thought Herbie and

Dec 5, 2011, 11:07 AM

Musberger spent the majority of the telecast giving VT a handjob or otherwise whining about the officiating and how Clemson was getting all the calls.

Re: Don't know about everyone else, but I thought Herbie and

Dec 5, 2011, 11:13 AM

Well at least they've separated James and Palmer. That was a "handy" pair.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thought it was pretty even.

Dec 5, 2011, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Don't know about everyone else, but I thought Herbie and ]

Herbie is on the record as being a huge Clemson homer, so in a sense he overcompensates when he gets our games.

I think their point was right that the flag has come out frequently on the helmet-to-helmet contact, and based on the liberal use of that call, they were surprised by some of the contact that was not called.

Re: What did y'all think about them playing up VT's 4

Dec 5, 2011, 11:07 AM

Since the BCS inception. They are rewriting the history through ESPN as we watch. You should be accustom to it by now. You get what Mass Media gives you and their's is the only forum for sports.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we need to let people know we WERE the major power in

Dec 5, 2011, 11:12 AM

the ACC before FSU. We need to do a better job letting people know that before FSU, Miami, or VT there was Clemson and we have won more ACC championships than any team in the conference has won including FSU.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we let them know by winning again***

Re: we let them know by winning again***

Dec 5, 2011, 11:21 AM

It's happening. Clemson is beginning to impact SEC recruiting on a regular basis and because of that, anything they can do to slight the Tigers (snide remarks and chuckles, lack of appropriate air time, etc.) will continue until there is undeniable domination on the field. +1.

ESecPN has become a biased joke, like much of the "lame-stream media".

It's sad, but if you look at it closely

Dec 5, 2011, 11:21 AM

there is no excuse why we have not won more conference championships in the past 20 years. Other than the Tommy West days, and last year, we have had some pretty good teams with plenty of potential.

Well, the past is the past, so I'm proud they were able to refocus from their short collapse and show up this weekend to win!

When do they start practicing for the bowl game? This week?

Re: It's sad, but if you look at it closely

Dec 5, 2011, 11:30 AM

Dabo said they were going to take some time off. Hopefully, not to much.

IMHO

Dec 5, 2011, 12:01 PM [ in reply to It's sad, but if you look at it closely ]

We should be #2 in the country right now. After winning the 5th game, the only team that should have given us any competition was SCU. So in that I am disappointed. I am very happy for the team and coaches that we won this ACCCG. Let's hope that the coaches and players alike can figure a way to keep themselves motivated and focused in the years to come.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

They only have one job now, selling the rematch to those

Dec 5, 2011, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: What did y'all think about them playing up VT's 4 ]

of us who don't want to see it. Won't change our minds but they're going to try anyway. Expect to see not only an overkill of ads for the game on ESPN/ABC but mentions of it at every turn during other sports that aren't college football.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2011, 11:52 AM

I think it was a pretty fair comparison , considering when Va Tech joined the conference. We had not won a championship since that occured.

I think they were pretty fair with us as relates to positive comments. They didn't throw in anything about the probation years etc...others have been prone to do that.

I think Clemson and Va Tech just need to take care of "bidness" in their respective BCS bowls.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't think about it at all, I try not to think about them

Dec 5, 2011, 11:58 AM

unless they keep saying names wrong or something like that. You people are listening to them too #### closely and get far to upset about it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't see it that way at all.Everyone is not going

Dec 5, 2011, 12:05 PM

a Clemson homer.Musberger coined the term "The most exciting 25 seconds in college football" and Herbie is a self professed Clemson fan.VT did get hosed on a few calls,I noticed that from the upper deck.Iv'e always said
"Jesus could call our games and some T-net idiots will complain about it".

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic