Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Dabo Swinney USC post-game press conference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Dabo Swinney USC post-game press conference

Nov 27, 2011, 12:35 AM

Dabo Swinney USC post-game press conference

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Dabo Swinney USC post-game press conference

Nov 27, 2011, 12:48 AM

Wow.

Very difficult to watch this young HC talk about his team's

Nov 27, 2011, 12:53 AM

bad performance...and trying to get them ready for ACCCG. Geez!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Bowl? This team won't make Music City bowl!***

Nov 27, 2011, 12:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Uh, the worst we will do is the Chick-Fil-A Bowl.

Nov 27, 2011, 12:57 AM

A lot of that is due to our reputation as a traveling fan base, but it's a fact nonetheless.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uh, the worst we will do is the Chick-Fil-A Bowl.

Nov 27, 2011, 1:11 AM

i think auburn has chick fil a locked up. we wont go there. its orange or sun

We don't compete with Auburn for bowl slots.

Nov 27, 2011, 1:11 AM

Do you people even follow college football?

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We don't compete with Auburn for bowl slots.

Nov 27, 2011, 1:13 AM

its acc vs. sec. auburn has the sec slot. they wont have a rematch in a bowl, especially when we play them in atl next year.

They'll have whatever matchup sells tickets

Nov 27, 2011, 1:15 AM

and it is presumed that Auburn and Clemson would fill up the Georgia Dome.

I'm not sure that's a valid presumption, considering we'll be on a three-game losing streak, but it is the assumption.

Also, the Chick-Fil-A would LOVE to take UGA if they lose the SECCG, which is what I expect to happen.

Re: They'll have whatever matchup sells tickets

Nov 27, 2011, 1:17 AM

good point. i think uga will be in a better bowl though. which sec team goes to chick fil a? 4 or 5?

#5.

Nov 27, 2011, 1:24 AM

LSU and Bama to the BCS, regardless of whether there's a rematch. Arkansas to Capital One Bowl, then it's down to USuCk or Georgia for the Cotton and the other to the Chick-Fil-A.

Re: #5.

Nov 27, 2011, 1:28 AM

is outback before or after chick fil a?

Before, good catch.

Nov 27, 2011, 1:41 AM

Perhaps they will wind up with Auburn.

I don't think they'll skip over us to avoid a rematch, though. Maybe for GT.

Champs Sports Bowl?

No ####### thank you.

Re: #5.

Nov 27, 2011, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: #5. ]

For the SEC I've heard it goes like this:

BCS -> Citrus -> Outback -> Cotton -> Chik-Fil-A - > Gator -> Music City -> Compass

I don't think Clemson is gonna eat up tickets. Not after

Nov 27, 2011, 10:12 AM [ in reply to They'll have whatever matchup sells tickets ]

last year in Charlotte, and after this Saturday in Charlotte.

Re: We don't compete with Auburn for bowl slots.

Nov 27, 2011, 1:14 AM [ in reply to We don't compete with Auburn for bowl slots. ]

and yes i follow.

I guess you weren't at last years bowl game in Charlotte...

Nov 27, 2011, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Uh, the worst we will do is the Chick-Fil-A Bowl. ]

reputation is fading fast to that of a whiny fan base.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Orange Bowl? This team won't make Music City bowl!***

Nov 21, 2021, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Orange Bowl? This team won't make Music City bowl!*** ]

Keep your head up Tiger fan's. Clemson has one of the best up and coming head coaches in the game yall know that. So stick with him and give another 7-10yrs and he will have the tiger's ship going in the right direction everybody knows that.

Nov 27, 2011, 10:11 AM

Sheldon Cooper (Big Bang Theory)

Sarcasm correct?....... "Nailed it!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2011, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Orange Bowl? This team won't make Music City bowl!*** ]

What has happened to this team the last 4- weeks !Something has gone terribly wrong in-house ? Still , we are 9-3 !! Not a bad year ? The ##### made us look like a High School team .

Nov 27, 2011, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Orange Bowl? This team won't make Music City bowl!*** ]

My first post. If we can't figure a way to run the ball, our QB gets crushed trying to pass, and we lose bad. If we can't figure a way to hit the VT/QB w/n 3-4 secs and still stop their RB, we lose bad anyway.
We have big bodies to lead the run, but usually don't. We have fast LBs and DEs to mix and overload, but seldom do.
Am I wrong, blind or just ignorant of some finer point?

Nov 27, 2011, 12:58 AM

He said we lost the turnover game again,did he conveniently forget about the blocked punt.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't believe I slept through our national title.

Nov 27, 2011, 1:04 AM

That is the "highest of the highs," right?

I can't even make myself listen to this...I am so over his

Nov 27, 2011, 1:04 AM

BS...woohoo!!! Going to the ACCCG!!! Big freaking deal

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2011, 1:16 AM

Phil Kornblut's ugly smug mug in the picture just adds insult to injury.

Nov 27, 2011, 1:18 AM

Getting kind of old to hear the same excuses week to week. Why is it that he talks about fundementals, when that is the key to making sure they understand that going into this year. Fundemetals should be second nature, which in turn allows these players learn this pathetic High School Offensive playbook, in turn allows Kevin Steele to take his wanna be Alabama playbook back to Bama.

hey CTB jr-who cares what they did to UF,UT, UGA etc***

Nov 27, 2011, 1:34 AM

How many times can Dabo say he is disappointed?

Nov 27, 2011, 1:29 AM

Disappointed? He isnt the only one .....the fans, players, and coaches are all disappointed. Im tired of hearing "we will fix it"! Dont get me wrong, i am so proud of these young men but it is time for our coaches to grow some balls and do some tough love coaching. This is a talented group of players, but if the coaches dont step up, we all will continue to be disappointed ! If something isnt working, which it hasnt been for the past 4 weeks, then change it. Maybe practices, film studies, attitudes, confidence or whatever it is, change it. What you are doing hasnt worked in last 1/3 of the season! Dont hang your heads, we are great because we are CLEMSON! I will not give up and i have confidence that the coaches will do what they have to do! This is the same team that had swagger at the beginning of the season and went 8-0. I BELIEVE!

don't kid yourself-the fans seem more disappointed than the

Nov 27, 2011, 1:37 AM

players. and that is a problem. there is something rotten in denmark

Re: How many times can Dabo say he is disappointed?

Nov 27, 2011, 1:52 AM [ in reply to How many times can Dabo say he is disappointed? ]

Stop drinking the Dabo kool-aid. Face the harsh reality. This team is woefully underachieving right now. The talent is here right now and if something is not done about the coaching, the talent will dry up quickly and go to some place then can learn to win and possibly play at the next level, like LSU, Ala, Georgia, and even SC. If that happens then we will perpetually be just like we are in bball. We need help!

Nov 27, 2011, 2:03 PM [ in reply to How many times can Dabo say he is disappointed? ]

Well put. The problem seems to be the intensity and fire to knock the snot out of the opponents. When are we going to smoke the average and below average teams? eg. Wofford. We arguably have the most talent in the ACC, then we rest on our laurels. The Linebackers are consistently blowing their assignments, can't tackle and give up key 3rd downs on every drive for the whole season. Our offense kept us in games, but when the HS offense is figured out, or Boyd is presured, we fold. Who is the leader amongst the players? don't see one. where is the "IT"? after watching the game again, we could have lost by 50; to an average sc team...we need more than a cheerleader...

Nov 27, 2011, 9:43 PM [ in reply to How many times can Dabo say he is disappointed? ]

I have a suggestion - let every player EARN his playing time instead of it being given to him. Why are we scared to play 2nd and 3rd stringers when the starters won't perform?? I noticed several of our defensive guys don't want to get dirty, it's like they work at staying off the ground - dirtiest jersey on team was our QB. PLAY EM ALL, find somebody who really wants it bad! Please! If you need an example check the SC roster for who played against us - most key players were not starters 5 games ago -

Blah blah blah.....hit the door***

Nov 27, 2011, 2:24 AM

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Blah blah blah.....hit the door***

Nov 27, 2011, 2:22 PM

Bottom line, Dabo, Outcoached again....You have to be a good coach & not just a good recruiter & I am afraid that is all you will ever be!!!!

Nov 27, 2011, 7:46 AM

Dabo looks lost, confused, out of his league, and doesn't know what to do next or where to turn - on the field and in the press conference. I like Dabo, but I think all (including his team) have zero confidence in him. I only hope he recognizes that "this" is not working and that a major change must occur immediately. If he doesn't, then the change must be him.

Bret Bielema

Nov 27, 2011, 9:57 AM

I know Dabo isn't going anywhere...
Just trying to help myself feel better.

#1 Wisconsin's Bret Bielema
#2 Utah's Kyle Whittingham
#3 Brent Venables OU OC
#4 Chris Petersen Boise St.
#5 Mike Gundy Okla st.

Oh well,doesn't hurt to dream

Nov 27, 2011, 10:12 AM

The only thing I want to hear him say is "I'm resigning."

This team looks totally confused on both O and D....confused***

Nov 27, 2011, 11:31 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2011, 1:09 PM

To give a good analysis, I think a simple response from Dabo of "our OL can't protect our QB, open a hole, stay onside, remember not to go down field on a pass and to pick up the rushing defenders, and our receivers seem to have forgotten how to catch very well. Our Defense simply can't seem to tackle very well, get off blocks very well, or pass defend very well." Other than that, everything is okay, which really is about what he said. I really hoped our OL would be a strength this year and our defense would begin to show signs of the great defenses of the past. Reality has fallen short of hopes. At least Dabo looks like it makes him sick to his stomach for us to under achieve. TB never looked like it bothered him very much. MO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Starting to sound like a bunch of spoiled brats

Nov 27, 2011, 1:52 PM

Early on all the Expertsbased their predictions on the fact that we had talent but where very young as a team. Then we came out playing great and over achieved most of the season (probably due to the fact that there was not a lot of film on the offense). I would argue that outside of the VT game the defense has been poor all season and I'd go as far as to say that the VT QB had his worst game of the season. With that said, I'm not convinced that Kevin Steele can get it done here. Long story short, I think we should all focus on what we've achieved this season and allow this team to mature into the great team it will be.

Re: Starting to sound like a bunch of spoiled brats

Nov 27, 2011, 2:11 PM

How is this team to mature when the coaches are L-O-S-T? Steele can't plan for the College of Charleston football team, Chad keeps going to the same well for the spoiled kool-aid...but hey - Dabo will keep being positive and cheering them on! LMFAO. I am sick of the excuses for the weak, paltry, no execution, no effort. Football at Clemson needs and enema- we are about one thing- WINNING! Not this "rah-rah" crap- just win!

Nov 27, 2011, 2:21 PM

So it's the coaches fault that Boyd got happy feet and quit looking down field, that Nuke dropped three balls that weren't thrown very well to begin with and that the offensive line got man handled all night?

The coaches are giving the same excuses because they know this team is young and still learning from their mistakes. What would have them do? Start throwing players under the bus by blaming them individually for the loss?

Nov 27, 2011, 9:37 PM

One thing I wish they would do is bench the QB when he is clearly rattled. It seems a legacy that has lived on from the Tommy Bowden days is that we don't take out our QB unless he is heading to the hospital. That's why Boyd in his 3rd year has only taken a few meaningless snaps prior to this year while Kyle Parker played exactly like he is playing now. Yes the line sucks but most of our sacks are from him holding the ball and stepping around his blockers. Best play from scrimmage was wildcat last night - he didn't have a problem getting tackled behind the line. Boyd is now scared to run and it is contagious to the whole offense.

Youth may equal losses. It should not equal blowout losses

Nov 27, 2011, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Starting to sound like a bunch of spoiled brats ]

to an ACC doormat, and a mediocre SEC pretender that was down to a 2nd string QB and 5th string RB.

If it's spoiled to be disgusted with that, I'd rather be lumped in with the brats than with the stoners who are still rationalizing the last few weeks by pointing to what some media idiots said in August.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

Re: Youth may equal losses. It should not equal blowout losses

Nov 28, 2011, 7:37 AM

Coaching equals blowout losses.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic