Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Instant Analysis: South Carolina 34, Clemson 13
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Instant Analysis: South Carolina 34, Clemson 13

Nov 26, 2011, 10:57 PM

Instant Analysis: South Carolina 34, Clemson 13

Instant analysis from Clemson's 34-13 loss to South Carolina Saturday night in Williams-Brice. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Instant Analysis:

Nov 26, 2011, 11:01 PM

Our offensive line is porous
Our defense is atrocious and can't tackle to save their lives
We let a USC team own us for 3 years running
We handed them their second 10-win season on a silver platter

Anything else to analyze?

Oh, I forgot some

Nov 26, 2011, 11:04 PM

We had yet another late-season meltdown
We are letting a 10+ win season slip through our fingers
We probably won't even be in the polls tomorrow, nor do we deserve to be

Any Clemson coach that loses like this to USC is walking a very fine line. Dabo will not survive a 4th loss in a row.

Re: Oh, I forgot some

Nov 27, 2011, 12:30 AM

May I say again... it was a bad hire. Regardless of if it works out in the end, you cannot hire a WR coach just because he beats your rival.

Nov 27, 2011, 1:07 AM [ in reply to Oh, I forgot some ]

i was wondering where the majority of the fan base will draw the line on the matter of overall success vs beating u$uck...over the course of the last 4 saturdays the focus went from chasing a nat'nl championship to a call for a vote of confidence on the dabo regime...soul searching time for this young staff and team heading into 2 more very high profile live and television audience stages.

Nov 28, 2011, 5:17 PM

Now is not the time to start crying for Dabo's head. How many people would have taken 9 wins in August? They are young and maybe some are not what we need but you must give this team some slack for now. If the same thing happens next year or maybe the next, then it is time to start talking but not until. Let's not run a good recruit away with our negative attitudes just yet.

Re: Instant Analysis:

Nov 26, 2011, 11:31 PM [ in reply to Instant Analysis: ]

So much for the "Chad Morris for President" campaign. We will get destroyed Saturday. VT will rush for 350!

Re: Front Page Story: Instant Analysis: South Carolina 34, Clemson 13

Nov 26, 2011, 11:03 PM

Let me guess...Dabo & Co. will "fix it" before next weekend. What a frigging joke. You'd think you would get desensitized to these late season implosions, but every year I am disappointed/disgusted with this team. A 9-5 record is looking more and more like a reality.

DEFENSE

Nov 27, 2011, 12:13 AM

Needs a major tune up in off season like our Offense got this past off season.

Excuses***

Nov 26, 2011, 11:06 PM

obviously we some motivational issues

Nov 26, 2011, 11:09 PM

If we can let one loss to Ga Tech on the road ruin our whole season we have very bad coaching issues. We started off good but then we remembered we hired a WR coach as a head coach and a high school coach as an offensive coordinator and our defense looked like they were getting paid by SC alum to throw the end of the season. Just pathetic, hire someone legit please.

If you can't motivate an undefeated team

Nov 26, 2011, 11:12 PM

then you're a ####### bum.

If you're ON an undefeated team and can't get "up" for a game, then you're ####### worthless.

We apparently have a worthless team, led by bums.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2011, 11:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2011, 11:07 PM

Poor coaching, poor execution, poor blocking, poor tackling, poor ... We've been pushed around forever. We look weak. Should we change the only coach that has been in his position for the last 10+ years - J Batson? This is pitiful. This is embarrassing.

Re: Excuses***

Nov 26, 2011, 11:07 PM

Can't wait to hear the staffs excuses this week. Wish they'd stop with the soul searching and Go win.

Re: Instant Analysis:

No thats it in a nutshell

Just flipping embarrassing the o line is crappy this team just doesn't have any emotion or anything just freaking sad

My Instant Analysis:

we stunk it up

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2011, 11:11 PM

We are a6-5 team ... Pulling a Clemson

Not so Instant Analysis

Nov 26, 2011, 11:19 PM

We are a pathetic excuse for a football team.

We should fire TDP, this entire football staff TOMORROW and go hire someone who can coach. I'm tired of excuses, wait until next year or we'll get it fixed.

We will lose four in a row to USuC unless heads begin to roll NOW. This staff does not deserve to represent this team a single game more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

our coaching staff SUCKS!!***

Nov 26, 2011, 11:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: our coaching staff SUCKS!!***

Nov 26, 2011, 11:38 PM

I dont know if they all suck, but i sure feel KS is WAY overpaid! we could see about every third play call from SC coming and still not be able to stop them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2011, 11:33 PM

should have been tougher on TB. that pass was underthrown to wakins. he had happy feet all night, even when he had protection.

Give credit where credit is due.

Nov 26, 2011, 11:56 PM

Clemson just lost to arguably the best Gamecock team ever. The past two Gamecock teams have been two of their best ever. We've gotten spoiled to them being so bad for so long.

The defense played poorly, especially up front, but that's nothing new. (MARYLAND hung 45 on us!) But this game was lost in the trenches and they kicked our ### on both sides of the ball.

Shaw could do what he wanted because their o-line imposed their will on our d-line. Boyd couldn't get into a rhythm because he had a garnet jersey in his face most of the night.

We recruit skill and speed. That works well enough against ACC teams, but not if we can't win the battle in the trenches.

SEC teams dominated ACC teams on defense today. (UF's defense dominated FSU, but UF's inept offense gave the game away.) We need players who can hit the other team in the mouth and wear them down. We don't have those players.

Re: Give credit where credit is due.

Nov 27, 2011, 12:33 AM

2002 - I don't think you will find many Carolina fans who would call a team that included a starting qb get booted from the team in midseason and the loss of a Heisman Trophy candidate tailback to injury along with the loss of the #2, #3 and #4 string tailbacks to injury leaving only a 5th string tailback, the best Carolina team ever. This was not a superior Carolina team. Carolina got beat pretty well by Arky and Arky got killed by LSU and LSU beat Bama. This Carolina team is probably the 5th best team in the SEC right now because Georgia is better right now as well.

Nov 27, 2011, 12:34 AM

Miles is the 3rd string, and he's the one who did most of the damage in the RB position tonight. But still a good point.

Nov 27, 2011, 12:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Give credit where credit is due. ]

WHO CARES what they did in the SEC. They just spank us again for the 3rd year in a row. They are better coached than us so I would say they are superior to CLEMSON. Just read what you just wrote.

South Carolina 34, Clemson 13

Nov 27, 2011, 12:11 AM

If we lose the next two games, goodbye Dabo. You will have mis-managed your way out of a job. Losing to lousy South Carolina 3 years in a row is inexcusable. So coach your way back in, or coach your way out.

Re: South Carolina 34, Clemson 13

Nov 27, 2011, 12:32 AM

> If we lose the next two games, goodbye Dabo. You
> will have mis-managed your way out of a job. Losing
> to lousy South Carolina 3 years in a row is
> inexcusable. So coach your way back in, or coach
> your way out.
Which team has 10 wins and which one don't
A. South Carolina
B. Clemson
Just and A or B answer will be sufficent since South Carolina is so lousy?

Re: South Carolina 34, Clemson 13

Nov 27, 2011, 12:32 AM [ in reply to South Carolina 34, Clemson 13 ]

Dabo isn't going anywhere. If we're 7-5 headed into the USC game next year, you almost want to lose so we can hire a real coach. I think TDP retires after next season too!

Nov 27, 2011, 12:52 AM

You Clemson fans kill me. What happened to that bright light shining on the hill Dabo had you guys believing in?

Nov 27, 2011, 1:49 AM

Apparently Kevin Steele peed on it.

Nov 27, 2011, 7:09 AM

This is a very bad way to end a year. If you were told Clemson would be 9-3 this year during the preseason, we all would have been like heck yeah. So here we are, 9-3. We also have a chance to do something special this weekend. We can win the ACC for the first time in 21 years. So how about some support for our team instead of asking for heads on a platter. We can STILL get a nice trophy at the end of the year.....if we give positive support. This ain't over!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2011, 7:20 AM

Being 9-3 after starting 8-0 is nothing to be proud of. This team has showed nothing in the last month that says they can hang with a VT team that is much better than the one we faced in early October. I fear that next Saturday will be an epic disaster. I pray I'm wrong.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic