Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Clemson making strong push with DE target
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 2,749

Recruit Update: Clemson making strong push with DE target

Nov 7, 2011, 8:18 AM

Clemson making strong push with DE target

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: Clemson making strong push with DE target

Nov 7, 2011, 4:25 PM

I REALLY LIKE THIS KID.... A LOT. TBH, I salivate watching him more so than Dante Fowler Jr.

He might take a couple years to groom into a starting DE, but by the time he fills out, he looks like a potential top 15 NFL pick (reminds me much of Jason Pierre Paul). If we run a 3-4 then of course he's a prototypical OLB.

He plays with hustle, attitude, passion, and a mean streak. Plays to the whistle. Great motor. Cat-like closing ability and pursuit. Tremendous balance, coordination, & body control. Very light feet (Fowler looks a little heavier footed).

Decisive & attacks the ball carrier. Quick twitch athleticism & quick mental reaction ability. Seems to have a natural understanding of angles and the flow of the play which allows him to play fast (I don't see the same from Fowler who seems to slow down a bit while diagnosing). Seems to naturally understand leverage. Great hips. Moves well laterally with great COD. Doesn't seem like he'll waste many steps. Plays with good pad level for his height.

Long arms with quick, coordinated, & fierce hands. Seems strong for his size. Awesome lower body explosion. Good bubble (which I hate saying about a high school kid. lol).

With his great length and body type, he seems capable of carrying 260 without losing much speed or ability.

FUTURE PLAYMAKER. GAME-CHANGER. Please sign this kid ASAP and redshirt him a year!!

I could see switching to a 3-4 with Whitehead, our current

Nov 7, 2011, 4:48 PM

crop of guys, and current commits.

Whitehead is an ideal pass rushing 34 OLB.

Carlos Watkins & Corey Crawford look like potential 1st round 5-technique Defensive Ends. I like Crawford better as a 34 DE than 43 DE, and I like Watkins better as a 34 DE than a 43 DT. They both have the height, size, & athleticism to dominate the position.

Jerome Maybank has the massive size to be the all-important 34 anchor at NT. Grady Jarrett, Tra Thomas, DeShawn Williams all have the short squatty build of a potential 34 NT.

Tony Steward & Stephone Anthony are big and physical enough for ILB.

Malliciah Goodman looks like he could play strong side OLB.

Tavaris Barnes, Tyler Shatley, and Josh Watson are all undersized DTs who look potentially look better suited at 34 DE than 43 DT. Joe Gore has the size to be a 34 DE.

To heck with Bama's D. Clemson can do this ****, too.

Replies: 2
| visibility 2,749
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic