Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was reading about & contemplating our 8-1 record tonight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,096

Was reading about & contemplating our 8-1 record tonight

Nov 1, 2011, 12:24 AM

and came to the conclusion, given our young team, & how many times I have seen them succeed, while still making both careless & inevitable errors, that if we were going to get hit with the reality of imperfection & the chaotic results of intense competition, this might be the best time.

We obviously still have a lot of things to fix, work on, & still more room to grow & improve. Good time to get healthy & regroup. Better to learn these lessons now, than later in the season.

I think this team has the potential to come out more focused, prepared, physical, hungrier, & equipped in the shorter road ahead.

Let's regroup & pull it together, all Tigers, & give our opponents more than they can handle in November & December.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was reading about & contemplating our 8-1 record tonight

Nov 1, 2011, 2:05 AM

GO Tigers!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2011, 7:52 PM

All In!!!!

Nov 1, 2011, 4:12 AM

You came to these conclusions;
1) our team is young;ok.
2)they still make careless & inevitable errors;name a team that doesn't.
3)realiy of imperfection;show me one team that is perfect
4)intense competition;isn't that the idea.Show me one
team that is going to just roll over.
5)Have you shared with our coaching staff all the things needing fixing,what to work on and how to grow and improve?Didn't think so
6)later in the season.How much later do you want?
7)potential,focused,prepared,physical,hungier and equipped.Those words have probably been used in every locker room this season
8)Lets regroup,pull it together,and give our opponents more than they can handle.Oh ,and win one for the Gipper.

So,how many snaps have you taken,and team meetings have you sat in on?Please give us a break with your assessment of our 8-1 record.

I was reminding myself of these things & sharing it with

Nov 1, 2011, 9:45 AM

other fans who were disappointed & angry for a team for not winning that perhaps losing now given some of our players' inexperience, might be better for us in the short & long run. Perhaps our freshman backs will learn to protect the ball better & block. Or perhaps our linebackers will learn that whatever they have been doing to get by, hasn't been working so well. Or maybe our Offensive coordinator will learn that calling a fade in the corner endzone doesn't necessarily work so well against a well coached team that has been watching hours & hours of our game film. Why list those things. I think they know that now. I don't want to sit here and criticize a team for losing, because it's not my job. They have the games, themselves, & coaches for that.

Some people out there can't grasp the concept that perfection in a literal sense, does not exist. & no, I obviously haven't taken a snap this season. Have you?

Re: I was reminding myself of these things & sharing it with

Nov 1, 2011, 6:09 PM

No,I have not taken a snap ,but I do not try to dissect what went wrong,or come up with lame excuses like freshman mistakes when other teams have similiar issues and problems.Obvisiously Tech had major problems in losing the past two games by a combined score of 28-48.Yet they came prepared to play.We didn't.That is as good a reason for the loss but you didn't mention that,or the fact that Clemson has lost the last three times in Atlanta ,and are something like 13-49 lifetime in Atlanta.
I should also point out to you that these same players and coaches got us to 8-0.These young players protected the ball pretty well(Clemson was +9 in turnoversgoing into the Tech game) and blocked equally as well.
Regarding play calling,sometimes a certain play ( such as your fade route)will not work ,but that's only one play.
Finally,I do not think you were critizing the team,but trying to figure out why ,or come up with excuses is no more or less an opinion than it's my opinion that the reason we lost was because Tech scored more points.

I know that I used broader terms, but I wasn't trying to

Nov 1, 2011, 6:26 PM

dissect the loss. In using other team sports as an example, this loss reminded me of teams like Syracuse and Duke getting out played, getting humbled, pulling it together and then going out and doing greater things.
Unfortunately, there are less games in football.

Sort of like what GT did after getting beaten by Miami and UNC. They adjusted, and their coaches had them playing a much more disciplined, solid game.

You could see the difference in how they played against us.

Nov 2, 2011, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Was reading about & contemplating our 8-1 record tonight ]

> 4)intense competition;isn't that the idea.Show me one
>
> team that is going to just roll over.

How about us at Ga Tech?

Nov 2, 2011, 10:58 PM

No kidding, right? Well, we didn't roll over. But we didn't plsy our best game either.

See, hasn't even been a week yet & I already feel healthier

Nov 4, 2011, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Was reading about & contemplating our 8-1 record tonight ]

and I'm not even a player.

What about January too? ; )***

Nov 1, 2011, 8:12 AM

Knew someone was going to say that. ;) One step at a time***

Nov 1, 2011, 9:46 AM

So, what do you think? They'll stay focused & get better?***

Nov 2, 2011, 10:20 PM [ in reply to What about January too? ; )*** ]

I bet our D improves after this game. Mark it down.***