Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Steele says defense got physically whipped
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 87
| visibility 51

Front Page Story: Steele says defense got physically whipped

Oct 30, 2011, 2:57 AM

Steele says defense got physically whipped

The Clemson defense gave up 67 rushes for 383 yards, and 443 total yards in 76 plays. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Steele says defense got physically whipped

Oct 30, 2011, 4:33 AM

That's putting it mildly to say the least!

The guy is a fake!

Oct 30, 2011, 4:34 AM

Realize it.

I am so sick of this guy and his ######## jargon..

Oct 30, 2011, 4:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Steele says defense got physically whipped ]

Fake, Fake.

OFFENSE GOT OVER HAUL NOW IT MAY BE DEFFENSE TIME

Oct 30, 2011, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Steele says defense got physically whipped ]

Our Offense got major over haul this off season and look at results. I am not saying fire Steele I am saying get Steel and Defense some kind of major over haul this off season so our Defense can keep up with Offense success on regular basis not this fluke VT game once in awhile type performance.

Re: OFFENSE GOT OVER HAUL NOW IT MAY BE DEFFENSE TIME

Oct 30, 2011, 10:54 PM

Not as easy to fix the defense as it is the offense. We will be better next year though.

I liken it to Alabama in 2008 where they came alive and went 10-2 in the regular season and 10-3 overall with a loss to Utah in the Sugar. Sounds about like what we will go through.

Next year is the year we have a chance again at the National Title. If we can get through Auburn to begin the year, I see us beating GT in the Valley on the way to another great season. 11-1 or 12-0 will be the standard around here.

Call Saturday what you will, but I will take being out-coached if it means we have a program in place that is competitive and will win 10 or 11 games every regular season. We were never out of the game Saturday from an offensive standpoint and no matter who we play we can work something to move the ball.

13-1 Orange Bowl Champions! Here we come!!!

Bama's defense coincidentally got better when we

Oct 31, 2011, 9:01 AM

took Steele from them.

They certainly haven't seemed to miss him.

You're right. I think Dabo did Saban a favor by

Oct 31, 2011, 1:11 PM

hiring Steele.

Re: OFFENSE GOT OVER HAUL NOW IT MAY BE DEFFENSE TIME

Nov 2, 2011, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: OFFENSE GOT OVER HAUL NOW IT MAY BE DEFFENSE TIME ]

One huge piece of puzzle next year for Offense is making sure we get Dwayne Allen Back for his final year. We need that piece of the puzzle. Give another TE a year to get ready while we have Allen here.

o yeah I HOPE WATKINS STAYS ALL 4 YEARS.

Oct 30, 2011, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Steele says defense got physically whipped ]

look at yourselves..arguing and bickering about what happened..nobody likes what happened, but get over it...we are 8-1, how many predicted that...it was going to take a miracle to get to the NC game anyway...We have 3 games left.. we can win them all...we can go to the ACC championship game and then Orange Bowl... NOT OFTEN WE GET A CHANCE FOR THAT.. STOP WHINING and be happy for these guys...they need a week off.. been a long season already and we played one complete bad game...I don't care if you played for Clemson or not...I am sure our team feels very bad about this and I am positive that DABO is not happy..GO TIGERS>> BEAT WAKE>>>LETS GO TO CHARLOTTE>>>

Oct 31, 2011, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Steele says defense got physically whipped ]

Really, the defense got beat up huh. Wow, that's big news. How 'bot we call it what it is. The defense was not ready because the schemes they tried to run over and over and over and over were the same things that GT looks for and dominates. Even the announcers during the game were saying if you line up the same way GT will figure out how to block. K Steele may mean well and may be trying to be politically correct but he is an idiot and his defense has been the only question mark this entire year.

Will he resign and give back his 600k/yr.

Oct 30, 2011, 4:36 AM

Guy is a joke!

I think he makes 750,000 a year***

Oct 30, 2011, 4:42 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He does. We just deduct the GT game money up front.***

Oct 30, 2011, 7:48 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

keep on. reply 800 times. you are the joke.***

Oct 30, 2011, 7:10 AM [ in reply to Will he resign and give back his 600k/yr. ]

YA THINK?????******

Oct 30, 2011, 5:30 AM

NM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for your insight, Dr. Watson.***

Oct 30, 2011, 6:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

the same can be said for every game except VT

Oct 30, 2011, 7:52 AM

hope this is a wake up call for Dabo

Where are our backers and hitters?

Oct 30, 2011, 10:45 AM

It seems that every team we play have LBers that make plays and defensive backs that are agggressive to the ball and knock the crap out of you when you catch it. What I have seen all year are LBers out of position to make a play and usually get tangled up with our own linemen and DB's that are still tackling high only to be stiffed armed, faked out of their jocks, or called for horse collars.
About Ga Tech, I think their blocking at the knees should be just as illegal as horse collar tackling. I would think that there are many more career-ending injuries from all these chop blocks than from grabbing someone behind the neck. It looks illegal even if it is not. The players get so concerned about these cut blocks that they forget to play the game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I remember correctly....didn't we pick up Steele and LSU.

Oct 30, 2011, 7:55 AM

Got chavis in the same off season several years ago?

We had Chavis but waited 2 weeks.

Oct 30, 2011, 10:03 AM

So he took the LSU job. He suggested Steele for our job. Chavis has the #1 defense and we can't adjust to a run game. What happened to the 5-2 defense? Seems like he only knows one base defense and cannot adapt. Glad this is the last option team we will see this year.

I think Chavis was Dabo's choice but LSU offered and he

Oct 30, 2011, 3:17 PM

obviously went there for more money. We then hired Steele.

We should have gotten Kirby Smart, the other guy from Bama. We just made it so easy on Saban. After the clusterf*ck that was Bama's defense in 2008, Steele was probably either gunning for demotion or out the door period.

Oct 30, 2011, 8:00 AM

Look in the mirrow coach, it all starts with you and your staff, I know you know how now coach it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of that was bordering on incoherent I thought.***

Oct 30, 2011, 8:50 AM

Matches the product on the field then.******

Oct 30, 2011, 7:48 PM

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

Re: Front Page Story: Steele says defense got physically whi

Oct 30, 2011, 9:01 AM

I am so sick of him blaming our players!! He consistently faults them on missed assignments. When his he going to realize that it all starts with him!! What a waste of money. He can't hide behind a mediocre offense anymore....it is time to put up or shut up Steele. Hopefully , dab sees that and realizes we can get a lot more with 750k a year!

Re: Front Page Story: Steele says defense got physically whi

Oct 30, 2011, 11:52 AM

Agreed! You can't fault the players. He is the one that's supposed to get his players in the position to be successful. I am downright tired of hearing his fake "we will get it fixed " statements. He says it evergreen week lol what a joke this guy is

ok, he can stop saying "play with your eyes"

Oct 30, 2011, 9:03 AM

i thought it was some football coaching jargon that us weekend fans could never grasp.

we'll i was wrong...

i still don't know what the devil it means

and more importantly....

our defensive players certainly don't know what it means!

while we were busy playing with our eyes GT was taking our shins out from under us.

Captain Obvious over here...***

Oct 30, 2011, 9:14 AM

Steele needs to be replaced****

Oct 30, 2011, 9:22 AM

Oct 30, 2011, 9:39 AM

I hate losing and I think something has to be done with how the defense plays, put its not like the offense played lights out last night...4 turnovers.

Oct 30, 2011, 9:40 AM

You are correct but this is a pattern with the defense. The offense did not have a good night, but the offense has been winning games week after week.

Oct 30, 2011, 9:48 AM

Corico Hawkins is so unaggressive for us. He is always waiting for the play (and the blocker) to come to him...so he gives up 2-3 yards, then has the shed the blocker and gives up another 2-3 yards to the QB run. Quicker recognition and stepping up to the line to make the play is what is needed. MLB was absent/in the wrong position most of the game.

The defensive ends need to take a step into the backfield before they are blocked on the corner to force the QB and/or RB to take a wider angle before they turn upfield. Mostly Goodman was caught--Branch less so.

DBs need to be able to shed the WR blocks better on the sweeps. Killed us at times.

The defense overall does not penetrate. They are too passive. They wait the the blockers to come to them. It plays right into Georgia Tech's scheme.

Oct 30, 2011, 10:18 AM

100% correct on Hawkins, this is why Anthony should be starting.

Makes excuses like Bowden. Own up please.

Oct 30, 2011, 10:07 AM

Learn to employ a 5-2 defense and adapt!

Re: Makes excuses like Bowden. Own up please.

Oct 30, 2011, 2:26 PM

exactly.

more like the D coord got mentally whipped!!

Oct 30, 2011, 10:35 AM

Steele is basically saying this is going to happen again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: more like the D coord got mentally whipped!!

Oct 30, 2011, 2:19 PM

He disgusts me. They used maybe four plays over and over. Its not like we didn't know what they would do.
And now he wants to blame the players... he needs to own up to this.

Oct 30, 2011, 10:39 AM

Steele keeps saying the eyes the eyes. LMAO, they were using their eyes. The problem is that they have been coached to use anything else. But I did see everybody in the back field getting tackled except the ball carrier. Another thing, GT guys were diving at our guys legs. The next time we play them our guys should should start kicking some helmets off. I know our guys has some skined up sore legs this morning....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bunch of idiots,

Oct 30, 2011, 10:48 AM

Even Tajh said the 3 and out and the turnovers by the offense didn't give the defense time to rest..........

Re: Bunch of idiots,

Oct 30, 2011, 2:22 PM

thats nice of Tajh, but if you watched the game...
the defense couldn't get themselves off the field. GT moved the ball at will, sometimes using the same play over and over.
Steeles fault.

Oct 30, 2011, 4:35 PM

and the offense couldn't keep themselves on the field.TOO MANY 3 AND OUTS.........................

Oct 30, 2011, 7:51 PM

Both are problems. The D definitely had no answers, but our O was pretty inept last night, too. That was the first time for Morris. It wasn't the first time for Steele,, though. He has coached against this defense before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kevin Steele post-game press conference video added***

Oct 30, 2011, 10:55 AM

We may play these guys again in Charlotte

Oct 30, 2011, 10:56 AM

and it could get ugly early if we can't make some stops. If Miami and Va could stop them, why can't we assume the same positions and play the same defense? I just do not understand why these option teams make us look like an unprepared high school defense. BTW, we need to recruit some LBers and DB's that make plays and stop runners in their tracks.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We may play these guys again in Charlotte

Oct 30, 2011, 11:11 AM

The Chad said last week about offense, "You can't play when you are confused because being confused makes you play slow". IMO, that is what is wrong with the defense, it is too complicated for college kids and Steele refuses to simplify it for whatever reason. He tries to run sort of an NFL defense. Well NFL players don't have to go to class, study for those classes or have their practice time limited to 20 hours per week.

I don't know if he has time this year to make it less complicated, but if he remains at Clemson, he sure needs to simplify things. Notice how slow they played last night? Especially the LBs, and who coaches those LBs? I know Steele's defenses have been good in the past, really good just last year, but maybe the guys that are in there now just can't grasp it. Hawkins to me seems more confused every game and Christian is getting that way now. The DBs have "played slow" all year long. Hard to watch this D right now.

our linebackers have been missing all season***

Oct 30, 2011, 11:40 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: our linebackers have been missing all season***

Oct 30, 2011, 12:43 PM

Not Willard. He's all over the field. The rest seem to be holding ground or retreating first and then reacting. That's too slow to stop the triple option.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They whipped us...... They whippy whipped us....***

Oct 30, 2011, 11:06 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No #### Kevin***

Oct 30, 2011, 11:23 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2011, 1:10 PM

They are other DC's that do more, with less!! He's never stopped a running QB or triple option. Use your eyes Coach Steele..

Dabo's Staff Decisions.....

Oct 30, 2011, 3:01 PM

Best decision: Chad Morris

Worst decision: Vic Koenig

I seriously hope that he considers replacing the defensive coordinator after this season. I think some of Steele's statistics are misleading, because IMO, we are definitely worse off now than we were 4 years ago. I will acknowledge that I'm not an expert, and even the worst coach knows more than me, but I am sick of watching Clemson's defenses and feel that they are headed in a death spiral. Kevin Steele should refund 50% of his salary, or better yet, find a program where he can add value. I have to believe that we can do better! How many times will he have to play against Paul Johnson to figure this out?

I don't blame Dabo so much, but I'm beginning to wonder, "if you can't beat them, join them" when it comes to running the wishbone offense...

I am seriously frustrated!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vic and Dabo really never got along and once Dabo was named

Oct 30, 2011, 3:19 PM

head coach, everybody knew Vic was gone. There was no way he would have worked for Dabo, unfortunately. In '08 after Dabo took over and he forced Vic to be more aggressive our defense was just stupid good those last 6-7 games (with exception of FSU game, offense was so pathetic our defense finally wore out in the 4th qtr.).

Re: Vic and Dabo really never got along and once Dabo was named

Oct 30, 2011, 4:45 PM

I propose we circulate a petition to the NCAA to outlaw the triple option.

Re: Vic and Dabo really never got along and once Dabo was named

Oct 30, 2011, 4:48 PM

Steele also coaches the linebackers.....just saying....

I agree, I'm no Steele fan. I hoped he would do well

Oct 31, 2011, 1:17 PM

only because he coaches at Clemson. I was simply explaining why Vic left after Dabo took over. I wish he wouldve stayed.

Re: Dabo's Staff Decisions.....

Oct 31, 2011, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Dabo's Staff Decisions..... ]

Agree, Saban demoted this guy and didn't put up a fight to keep him. Watching his inept preparations week in week out is maddening. Mr. Frickin fix it always seems to forget some part of the defense each week, chunk plays, eyes eyes eyes, tackling tackling scrambling qbs etc. Until we get a new DC that can give us a old time Clemson shut down defense
we will not be an elite team. Nuff said.

Oct 30, 2011, 4:27 PM

Fired...No Excuse...This is not rocket science...Hey, even Miami can do it..No excuse.

Even Virginia can do it.

Oct 30, 2011, 5:29 PM

Our defense got steamrolled by the same offense that was shut down by UVA. Maybe we should hire their DC since Steele is obviously clueless as to how to stop GT. Even Maryland gave them a better game.

UVA had 2 weeks to prep for GT & practiced WITHOUT a ball!

Oct 31, 2011, 12:08 AM

Mike Londond used to run an option offense. He had UVA's scout team and defense practice without a ball. Assignment football. Maybe Steele could get some lessons from London since it would help Clemson beat their Coastal competitor next season.

Re: Seriously, ya think?? And who is this on?

Oct 30, 2011, 7:41 PM

Your defense stinks! It has so since you got here. Time to be thinking about an job change!!

Oct 30, 2011, 7:41 PM

Not just physically whipped, but mentally whipped, as well. I don't remember when I have seen a less prepared defense at Clemson. We looked like we never had seen an option. I was utterly ashamed of the lack of defensive performance. I hope we figure out what our assignments need to be and carry them out in future games. Last night was a good old fashioned butt whipping, on both sides of the ball. Our OL looked like the ones BS fielded. Come on Tigers!!! Get mad and hit somebody!!!!!

Oct 30, 2011, 8:03 PM

The ignorance of some Clemson fans is unbelievable. The defense lost a ton of people to graduation last year. DaQuan, McDaniel, Jarvis Jenkins, Brandon Maye (transfer I know), and several others including more off a defensive line that was dominant.

Since Steele has been here the defenses have been strong, OVERALL. For you to get on here and talk about how easy it is to stop GT is beyond ridiculous. Most of you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about and you think because you yell "Get him!" at the games that you are an expert.

If the option and PJ's scheme were so easy to stop, he would not have been successful at every school he has coached at. Yes, we played terrible and had a bad game, but if you look at Steele's overall numbers, he has been a good coach.

Look at the second half of most games we played this year. Most of the time the opposing offenses were held to far fewer points in the second half. Yes, our offense tended to come out and dominate as well, but the defenses held their own too.

The defense this year has obviously struggled. But for you to get on here and rant as if you know better or know more than Steele (Or PJ for that matter, since you all think his attack is easy to stop), is moronic.

Do everyone a favor. Quit pretending you know about football because this week you are riding Kevin Steele hard and a few weeks ago when we held VT to 3 points at their place, you were singing his praises.

Stop making your ignorance so well known.

And before you accuse me of being a graduate of another school, know that I proudly graduated from Clemson in 2008.

Oct 30, 2011, 9:00 PM

I am one who sings praises when we do well, and admit it when we don't have a clue. On Saturday night, we didn't have much of a clue. I do know plenty about football, and I am well aware that Kevin Steele has done a good job with adjustments in most past games. I give him full credit for that. I am delighted that he made good adjustments in those games. The fact is, however, he had no answers in the game on Saturday. We got progressively worse as the game went on, and we could not get their O off the field. If you didn't notice that, who is the moron?
So don't get on here in your sanctimonious tone like you are the Angel of all football knowledge. The fact is that on this past Saturday night, GT played a great game. They made the right adjustments, and we didn't. If we had, we might have made a better showing.

And I never said that GT's offense was easy to stop, but not many of them are "easy" to stop. If you ever played at Clemson, and I did, you would know that.

Oct 30, 2011, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Steele says defense got physically whipped ]

Steele said the last two weeks....he would get it fixed...Dabo should climb on him with both feet. Steele not fixed....

Oct 31, 2011, 7:39 AM

He did say that, but it wasn't fixed on Saturday night. It may be something that takes more time to get "fixed". I hope we get it fugured out, because I like winning, and I'm sure our team does, too.

We have Captain Obvious at Defensive Coordinator***

Oct 30, 2011, 8:03 PM

Re: We have Captain Obvious at Defensive Coordinator***

Oct 30, 2011, 8:19 PM

Why haven't they hired you then? If Steele didn't say that then you would be on here gripping about how he didn't own up to what really happened.

Support the team genius. Especially on a public forum.

yikes, here, have a beer and relax***

Oct 30, 2011, 9:35 PM

Re: yikes, here, have a beer and relax***

Oct 31, 2011, 7:03 AM

touche. not a bad idea.

Re: It's only 1 loss...And there is a lot to look forward to

Oct 30, 2011, 10:19 PM

For the first season that the Tigers have come back strong, I think they are doing pretty good. And there is only upside to look forward to...

And the defense should have been no surprise. They have been allowing big points all season.

What should be the big surprise is the lack of offense.

Dabo will fix it eventually, but he can't do it over night.

Oct 31, 2011, 12:34 AM

This was sadly a replay of the Tommy Bowden Strategy. We have all the talent available to get the job done on defense ; the direction lacks in leadership to pull them together.

Oct 31, 2011, 7:24 AM

Naysayers must remain calm.This is a very good team and capable staff. Breath deeply,stay calm and keep your negative comments in check. This team will win the next three games. They will win the ACC (against VPI)and will receive a very respectable bowl bid and will finish in the top ten rankings.GT was just better prepared and playing for their life. Had Ellington been available it would have been a different story.Don't get down on our Tigers. They will respond.You can take this to the bank!

I say, if you can do better, apply for the job! We need it.***

Oct 31, 2011, 1:03 AM

Re: I say, if you can do better, apply for the job! We need it.***

Oct 31, 2011, 7:04 AM

Amen.

Our DTs played outside technique over the guards

Oct 31, 2011, 8:05 AM

And the LBs were 5 yards deep. They could get 5 yards a clip on a dive and there was nothing we could do about it. We gave them their gap.

Thats a scheme problem. Last year he played everyone in tight and GT couldn't do a thing. Did he forget that part of his playbook?

Maybe our D just isn't that talented...

Oct 31, 2011, 8:05 AM

Seems to me we just need to keep ugrading talent and coaching them up. Wouldnt matter who we had playing for us, our fans would think the coaches could make them great immdiately. When I look at that D I see two good players and one of those being really good.

Re: Maybe our D just isn't that talented...

Nov 1, 2011, 7:23 PM

Finally someone talks some sense on here. I'm tired of Clemson fans being so stupid about coaches. Steele has done a great job up until this year. We are just young. That is a rough offense on a young team.

Oct 31, 2011, 8:50 AM

Is this guy for real???? It's frustrating when it appears "zero adjustments" are made at the half. We come out the second half and look as bad or worse than we did in the first. Poor angles and terrible tackling are killing us......absolutely killing us!!!!! Guys are in the wrong place......constantly....ughhh!!!!!!!

Oct 31, 2011, 9:17 AM

No *hit Sherlock!!!!!

Oct 31, 2011, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Steele says defense got physically whipped ]

Saban demoted this guy and didn't put up a fight to keep him ??? Watching his inept preparations week in week out is maddening Mr. Frickin Fix It always seems to forget some part of the defense each week..chunk plays,big plays, eyes eyes eyes, tackling tackling(Really), out of position, bad angles, scrambling Qbs etc. etc. Until we get a new DC that can coach defense with mind set that "The Chad" coaches offense, we will never be an elite team. We need a well prepared shut down defense Every week. Nuff said!

I see two major problems with Steele right now

Oct 31, 2011, 9:21 AM

1) LB play during his tenure.

You can blame it on lack of talent and experience all you want, but we've never had LBs make so little of an impact as they have during Steele's 3 years here. And he's supposed to be a LB guru! Our leading tacklers have been d-linemen and safeties (and that was largely due to DMac being a beast). Where are the LBs?

Steele is either failing to put them in the proper position to make plays or not he's coaching them well enough. Or both.

2) His schemes in some games have been extremely questionable. Teams seem to be able to exploit us with the same stuff over and over again. We've had trouble against the option, a few years ago we couldn't stop anyone running the QB out of the wildcat, and this year the performance up at Maryland against a running QB was just pathetic.

In the GT game Sat night it wasn't until about the 4Q that we started bringing the safeties down to help out against the pitch. GT must have run the pitch 10 times over the first 3 quarters and their smallest gain was about 5 yards. And it's not like they were doing anything fancy. We had 2 men out there and they had 2 blockers that were always in position to make easy blocks. It doesn't take a football genius to know we needed another man out there.

So you bring the safety down and maybe they hit a 50 yard HR on you. So what? First they actually have to make the play. Tevin Washington isn't exactly the most accurate QB and Hill is prone to dropping passes. Worst case scenario they get a big play. That's better than them grinding out 7-8 minutes of clock and still getting into the EZ.

And i swear we had all 3 LB's ~5 yards off the LoS on just every single play running the same vanilla defense. By the time they got involved in the play it was already a 4-5 yard gain.

I'd rather see us getting up i the gaps and running some run blitzes. Like i said earlier.. id rather get burned occasionally being aggressive than the slow death we got Sat night.

Looks like the sheet has hit the fan, there's already a

Oct 31, 2011, 1:10 PM

firekevinsteele.com website.

in the next couple years Steward and Anthony will

Oct 31, 2011, 1:14 PM

anchor down the LB position and we will own GT. As for last night, that was our 9th straight game with the 2nd toughest schedule in the whole country and we just got tired on the D line. Give us a bye before that game, some veteran LB's, and we have a much better night defensively.

LB's..

Oct 31, 2011, 3:42 PM

I am not banking on Steward anytime soon and holding my breath for 2 years being awesome. I am hoping we land that Brown kid in this class.

Steele had a top 25 defense last year.

Oct 31, 2011, 1:38 PM

This year we rank much much lower. The only difference is the players. We need a talent upgrade on the defensive side of the ball, and help is coming.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Our defense was barely top 25, but look at all the NFL

Oct 31, 2011, 1:46 PM

talent on it. For Christ's sake, give me that talent and I'll squeak in the top 25 as well.

Nov 2, 2011, 11:25 AM

New DC:
Mark Stoops?
Randy Shannon?

Replies: 87
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic