Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Video: Dabo talks to Fox Sports
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Football Update: Video: Dabo talks to Fox Sports

Oct 13, 2011, 4:40 PM

Video: Dabo talks to Fox Sports

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you...NICE! I love Dabo....Go Tigers

Oct 13, 2011, 4:58 PM

beat twerps

Re: Football Update: Video: Dabo talks to Fox Sports

Oct 13, 2011, 5:35 PM

All the crap that our own has talked about how kid like excited Dabo gets. And the media loves that about him, and so do I. Get excited as you want to Dabo, and show it....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Video: Dabo talks to Fox Sports

Oct 15, 2011, 5:44 AM

I personally love his excitement. I like to know that the coach is enjoying what he is doing and that he loves Clemson like Dabo always says. I also love how he ends every interview with a big "GO TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boyds injury never had anything to do with hip pads. Some

Oct 15, 2011, 4:32 AM

people on here posted picture stills that seemed to show Boyd being hit in the hip by a helmet, but those were incorrect and deceptive.

First, Boyd had a strain. A helmet hitting a muscle causes a bruise moreso than a strain. A strain happens when you pull or twist a muscle, and/or tendons. The strain happened because he came down hard and awkwardly on his left knee, then before his right knee hit he was struck by the tackler coming from his left, forcing his body to jerk hard on the hip joint because his knee was planted in the turf. Think knee injury where the foot is planted then a player gets hit in the leg from the side.

Boyd is incredibly lucky his hip was not dislocated.

I tried finding the clip on Youtube, but couldn't find the one I was looking for. Earlier in the week someone posted a clip showing the hit in slow motion from several angles. In that clip you can clearly see what happened. The defender was falling forward and down, his helmet doesn't appear to even hit Boyd, if it did it wasn't very hard. In slow motion you can clearly see as the defender falls his helmet passes the hip and in front of Boyd's thigh. Boyd is actually hit by he defenders shoulder or upper body.

The defender actually got lucky. Going down in the position and angle he was in, had his helmet actually hit Boyd's hip his head would have been pushed up and back as his body falls forward and down due to his his momentum. The result could have been a potentially severe neck injury.

Football is a game of inches and both players barely missed what could have been serious injuries to both of them.

The official release right after the MRI results came in

Oct 15, 2011, 5:36 AM

said it was a strain, but by Monday Dabo said it was a stinger and and Boyd called it a bruise in one interview and the said strain, stinger, bruise, whatever in another. Dabo himself was the one who suggested the hip pad would have prevented it, and Boyd jokingly said he disagreed. That's where they got it from. You can look at it all the angles you want, but if Boyd says he had a bruise, I'll go with that. Not to mention the fact that most bruises are less limiting as strains b/c if you can't really do much more damage with a bruise and he did seem to be back out there pretty quick, don't ya think?

i have not seen anything callig it a stinger, and if you

Oct 15, 2011, 6:31 PM

look at the replays from the right angle you can see the helmet never touches his hip, if it touches him at all.

no way that was a hip stinger, i don't care what dabo says. coaches are rarely honest about injuries during the season.

there is a video on youtube from a tv interview and it shows boyd in the training room this week and they show him working with the trainers doing all kinds of stretching and range of motion exercises. you don't do anything for a stinger, the go away on their own, but you do lots of things for a strain like the activities in the video.

also, watch the play again, he is lucky his hip was not dislocated or leg broken. hip stinger my ####.

If you hadn't heard anyone call it a stinger you obviously

Oct 15, 2011, 6:45 PM

hadn't listened to any Dabo or Boyd interviews this week. All you have to do is click on one in the front page and you can hear it.
I will agree looking at the replay it doesn't appear that was the type of injury sustained, but that's what both of them are saying and with Boyd back on the field so quick without even a limp I'd have to give them the benefit of the doubt!

Re: Boyds injury never had anything to do with hip pads. Some

Oct 15, 2011, 5:42 AM [ in reply to Boyds injury never had anything to do with hip pads. Some ]

Well if it was a strain then the hip pad would not have prevented that. Dabo said if he had been wearing one the injury probably could have been avoided.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic