Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watkins says Gators out front right now, per KornCOOT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 4,396

Watkins says Gators out front right now, per KornCOOT

Oct 6, 2011, 2:17 PM

October 05, 2011

By Phil Kornblut

DL Carlos Watkins of Forest City, NC said today Florida is his leader over Clemson has he heads into the final week before announcing his choice October 14th. “A lot of it is the momentum coming back from the game day experience,” said Watkins' coach Daniel Bailey. Watkins visited Florida last weekend. “Personally, I think they are about even. This weekend we will all sit down and talk. It was actually a surprise when he said Florida was a leader. First time I've heard him say that.” Watkins has been to several Clemson games this season. He plans to continue with his official visits even after his announcement with USC and Alabama two of the schools he wants to visit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I knew it!!! First Bellamy now Watkins. Wut?***

Oct 6, 2011, 2:19 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Setting it up

Oct 6, 2011, 2:19 PM

to shock the world!!

Come on over to Clemson Big fella!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Setting it up

Oct 6, 2011, 2:33 PM

My thoughts .........why tell people who is in front unless you're setting them up.......

Muschamp brought out the BIG $$$!

Oct 6, 2011, 2:20 PM

Florida raises to $10,000... your move, Clemson.

LOL

Oct 8, 2011, 8:24 AM

In who's book is ten grand BIG $$$? I think you need another zero before you can call that big. Just sayin'.

Oh, and it'll take a lot more than a hundred grand to make the kid not want to come to Clemson. The chance to play Clemson football is priceless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I will take his coach's word over Korncoot's

Oct 6, 2011, 2:22 PM

any day . He says that was a surprise.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watkins says Gators out front right now, per KornCOOT

Oct 6, 2011, 2:29 PM

Dabo really discourages a recruit visiting other schools once they commit to Clemson. If he commit to Fl. then he's off the hook as far as Clemson is concerned. This is not to say we would not take him, only he could take other visits.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ken

Oct 8, 2011, 8:26 AM

Except that we might, in that case, pull his offer in order to say to some other strong candidates that they're the man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: KORNCOOT had better check with momma.***

Oct 6, 2011, 3:50 PM

Oct 8, 2011, 1:31 AM

Carlos is making his announcement Oct. 14th. And is still taking an official to Clemson. I think he is a silent commit to us at this point. Not sure why else he would come on an official here after chosing Florida. He also plans to visit Nebraska with Bullard but no way either of those guys end up there. I hope we get him it would be a huge boost at getting Bullard bc they have said they would like to play together.
Now if we could just get Eddie Goldman our D line would be off the charts for the future.

Oct 8, 2011, 2:21 AM

Agree!! would be another great recur-ting class with depth! This is what it take to compete year in and out for the title!! One chess move closer to the ultimate goal at Clemson University. Eddie Goldman, Jonathan Bullard, and last but CERTAINTY not least Carlos Watkins Clemson would love to have you join Clemson University!

Oct 8, 2011, 5:30 AM

Clemson.

Oct 8, 2011, 7:50 AM

sure hope your " womens intuition" is right.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2011, 8:09 AM

believe he said that about marty williams. how did that turn out for him.

Point for memory!***

Oct 8, 2011, 8:29 AM

Oct 11, 2011, 12:56 AM

We'll be at Chase High for this Friday's Senior Night, as we have been for every game of Carlos' and the Chase Trojan's season so far. Also saw him on the pre-game sidelines at the Auburn game in Death Valley with his father and teammates. He's experienced some of the best atmosphere and most exciting action to date by our current nationally ranked Tigers.

Based on family conversations and knowing his current head coach and (importantly) assistant coach, Chuck McSwain, I can't believe Carlos will commit to anyone other than the Tigers. Everyone close to him seems to be hoping and encouraging him that way.

There's no way to really get inside the mind of a 17-year-old with all of the talent and opportunity ahead of this one, but there will be a bunch of surprised and disappointed Tiger fans in the Chase High stadium Friday night if we don't get confirmation that Carlos will be in Clemson orange next season. Counting on it, Carlos. Make your hometown Trojan and Tiger fans proud. Become part of the dream and be a Tiger!

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Oct 15, 2011, 3:04 AM

"All I can say is Clemson's comin'!"***

Oct 15, 2011, 3:21 AM

Replies: 18
| visibility 4,396
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic