Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watkins appears set with his decision, per KornCOOT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,605

Watkins appears set with his decision, per KornCOOT

Oct 10, 2011, 11:51 PM

By Phil Kornblut

DL Carlos Watkins of Forest City, NC will announce his college choice this Friday night at his Senior Night game. He’s choosing between Clemson and Florida. His coach said today Watkins basically has made his choice. “We had our meeting tonight and he’ll give me something certain by Wednesday,” Coach Daniel Bailey said. “He’s got a couple of things he needs to think on. He pretty much knows where he’s going. He feels pretty certain when he makes his decision on Friday it will be where he’s most comfortable and where he can get a chance to play and win ballgames. He’s paid attention to how the team’s seasons are going. His parents are going to be real supportive where ever he wants to go.” Watkins said last Friday he was slightly favoring Florida at that time, but with the Gators struggling and Clemson winning, that may no longer be the case.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

our DL is SR heavy which leaves the door wide open for

Oct 11, 2011, 12:15 AM

competition and the opportunity to play and make an impact next year. our OL and DL are going to be very young and inexperienced next year.

which should open the door,,,

Oct 11, 2011, 12:21 AM

for people to complain about Dabo again

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy choice 6-0 or 2 straight loses***

Oct 11, 2011, 12:49 AM

Glad Sammy didn't make his choice based on how

Oct 11, 2011, 8:58 AM

The Tigers were doing at the moment in time that he made his choice.

I'm sure the kids consider it some, but I doubt that it weighs heavily in the decision.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree ... how this season is going has very little to do

Oct 11, 2011, 9:00 AM

with what may happen over the next 4 years. Kids who make decisions on colleges need to be smart enough to realize that.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree ... how this season is going has very little to do

Oct 11, 2011, 9:42 AM

Just saying he picked now to make the choice when its always been us or Florida. It might have a little to do with it but I think we get him either way

Re: Watkins appears set with his decision, per KornCOOT

Oct 11, 2011, 1:13 AM

We'll be at Chase High for this Friday's Senior Night, as we have been for every game of Carlos' and the Chase Trojan's season so far. Also saw him on the pre-game sidelines at the Auburn game in Death Valley with his father and teammates. He's experienced some of the best atmosphere and most exciting action to date by our current nationally ranked Tigers. Carlos is a thoughtful and smart young man.

I believe that head coach Bailey and assistant coach, Chuck McSwain have also helped Carlos see where he has a great opportunity to play consistently in front of family and friends, and be successful. Based on family conversations and knowing those coaches, I can't believe Carlos will commit to anyone other than the Tigers. Everyone close to him seems to be hoping and encouraging him that way.

There's no way to really get inside the mind of a 17-year-old with all of the talent and opportunity ahead of this one, but there will be a bunch of surprised and disappointed Tiger fans in the Chase High stadium Friday night if we don't get confirmation that Carlos will be in Clemson orange next season. We will be there in Death Valley when Carlos becomes part of the exciting new youth movement for Dabo's Tigers. Counting on it, Carlos. Make your hometown Trojan and Tiger fans proud. Become part of the dream, already in progress, and be a Tiger!

Come on board, big fella!

Oct 11, 2011, 1:27 AM

... and bring Bullard w/ you!

who's the next exiting defensive star for clemson gonna be??

Oct 11, 2011, 8:53 AM

carlos watkins COME ON DOWN.YOUR THE NEXT STAR ON CLEMSON UNIVERSITIES DEFENSIVE LINE.

Oct 11, 2011, 8:57 AM

If he's weighing a 4-year committment and a life-long decision on which team wins in a particular week, that's not a good thing for him or for us. I think this kid is smarter than that in spite of the Kornblut propaganda. He has been favoring us for a long, long time and I think he signs with us.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2011, 9:02 AM

He knows Clemson is Home for him. Come home Watkins!

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,605
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic