Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Boyd #4 on ESPN's Heisman Predictor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Boyd #4 on ESPN's Heisman Predictor

Oct 4, 2011, 5:21 PM

Boyd #4 on ESPN's Heisman Predictor

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lattimore is not on ESPN's Heisman Predictor top 4 list

Oct 4, 2011, 5:27 PM

How can that be? I have seen a full section of Sunday's paper dedicated to Latimore and his Heisman run. I have NEVER seen Boyd on that page. Surely the State trashpaper has heard of Clemson.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought they already gave that thing to Lattimore?***

Oct 4, 2011, 5:33 PM

they did

Oct 4, 2011, 5:36 PM

the preseason version. like Ponder got last year. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did they get a fake nc trophy too?

Oct 4, 2011, 9:11 PM

I wonder how long it will take the State trashpaper to either stop putting Lattimore on the cover of the Heisman section of the Sunday paper or start putting a picture of Boyd on that page. Just wondering. I know the answer ---- never. But it will be fun to watch and laugh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yearly preseason NC trophy...trophy room is full of 'em***

Oct 5, 2011, 5:38 PM

nm

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought they already gave that thing to Lattimore?***

Oct 5, 2011, 5:20 PM [ in reply to I thought they already gave that thing to Lattimore?*** ]

You stole my comment! LOL

We haven't gotten significant national attention?!?

Oct 4, 2011, 5:27 PM

We did go from zero VOTES in the AP poll to #8 in less than a month's time...I'd say that's pretty significant.

i agree that comment made no sense.***

Oct 4, 2011, 6:18 PM

Yeah, that discredited everything in my mind.***

Oct 4, 2011, 10:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

I cant help but think about if the Spiller/Ford duo

Oct 4, 2011, 5:36 PM

were still at clemson with eligibility left. They would unleash in this offense. especially Spiller. If spiller had his senior season this year instead of 2009, he's a legit Heisman contender. He had the stats and playing style in 2009, but were winning now

Re: I cant help but think about if the Spiller/Ford duo

Oct 5, 2011, 6:30 PM

After seeing what Ford is capable with the Raiders he could have rivaled CJ in pure yardage under Morris. We'd seriously be breaking a 40 yard play every drive.

Can a player win the HT w/o the AD doing a campaign?

Oct 4, 2011, 6:23 PM

Can a player win the Heisman Trophy w/o the university athletic dept doing a campaign like we did with Spiller? I don't see Dabo letting this become a big, formal thing this year so just curious what a player's chances would be on his record alone - with no big media hype.

Re: Can a player win the HT w/o the AD doing a campaign?

Oct 4, 2011, 8:34 PM

Players win the Heisman when they have the stats and the record to back it up. Doesnt matter if they break every record out there unless there on a championship type team will they win the heisman, at least thats how its been the past few years. But on that note thats one of the main reasons Tajh is getting the hype is bc of our record and his stats. If we were 3-2 right now there would be no mention of heisman. I really dnt like that its like that now it use to go to the best player in the country, not the best player on the best team. But im glad Tajh is getting his recognition and he deserves it, hes been solid these past few games. GO TIGERS!!!

Like I said yesterday, when it comes to the Heisman,

Oct 4, 2011, 7:30 PM

Lattiisnomore. Just sayin'.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I'm not worried about the Heisman for Tajh

Oct 4, 2011, 8:53 PM

although it is great that he's been doing so well that they are taking notice. He's got two years after this one for that.

On the other hand, I don't think this is fair:
The one obstacle Boyd might face is that Clemson already has completed its most difficult stretch and did so without receiving significant national attention.

We have to play UNC, GT, South Carolina and if we keep playing like we have been, possibly even the ACCCG before the Heisman vote. Plenty of opportunities to shine against strong competition.

null

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic