Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Steele knows Hokies present challenge in the run game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,450

Front Page Story: Steele knows Hokies present challenge in the run game

Sep 27, 2011, 4:25 PM

Steele knows Hokies present challenge in the run game

The Clemson defense will face another stiff challenge this Saturday night when the Tigers travel to Blacksburg. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Steele knows Hokies present challenge in the run game

Sep 27, 2011, 4:39 PM

MAN!! I am stoked about this game! I'm ready to see if our better is better than their better.

It is going to be huge to get inside of Logan's head and get him down so that he has to press to make plays.

I feel good about our defense. I saw a lot of good pass breakups this past weekend, and some clutch plays made when we really needed it.

Keep working hard guys!! GO TIGERS!!!!!

Re: Front Page Story: Steele knows Hokies present challenge in the run game

Sep 27, 2011, 5:40 PM

Come on D...time to get nasty. They are coming right at you with a physical running game. I sure hope we dont get pushed off the ball (D-Line and Linebackers). Hope Corico and company don't have that "lost look" that we have seen before. They will have to fight to get off blocks and fill the gaps with authority. Probably will see Tony and Stephone more in this one due to their ability to play downhill against the run. (FSU was pathetic in their attempt to run the ball by the way).

It'll be interesting to see if D can stop inside run game.

Sep 27, 2011, 6:27 PM

VT's passing attack has been less than stellar, so I think Clemson will be OK on pass-D. But VT will test Clemson's inside run-D like no team has so far this year. (And Clemson will test VT's inside run game like no team has so far this year.) We'll learn a lot about both teams.

HOPE NOT A REPEAT OF LAST TIME CLEMSON WAS IN BLACKSBURG

Sep 27, 2011, 9:46 PM

WE WENT IN THERE FOR THURSDAY NIGHT GAME FEW YRS AGO RANKED HIGHER THAN VA TECH AND THEY SMACKED US IN MOUTH AND I WILL NEVER FORGET THE CAMERA VIEW I SAW (WAS AT GAME AND RECORDED IT SO I COULD WATCH IT WHEN I GOT HOME) AND THE ENTIRE CLEMSON SIDELINE/BENCH LOOKED LIKE THEY HAD GIVEN UP. HOPE THAT OUR CLOSE GAMES THUS FAR HAS MADE THIS TEAM MORE HUNGRY WHEN IT GETS BEHIND ( I THINK IT HAS)

I hope it's not a repeat of the last time VT was in Clemson***

Sep 28, 2011, 12:41 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd still like to know what young players people like

Sep 28, 2011, 8:13 AM

to keep using as an excuse for the absolutely terrible defense they're playing. A RS freshman just shredded the vaunted "Steele curtain". Every team we've played this year has shredded our defense. Its a miracle that they're 4-0 with the absolute garbage defense on the field.

The starting DL consists of 1 junior, 1 senior, 2 redshirt seniors.

The starting LBs consist of 1 redshirt sophomore, 1 junior, 1 reshirt junior.

The starting DBs consist of 1 redshirt senior, 2 juniors, 1 redshirt junior.

So, I ask again. Where's this youth that everybody is using as an excuse to why Steele's defense sucks as badly as it does?

Either its pisspoor coaching or the players just arent that good. When I look at the players, they all have the right physical attributes, size and speed. They all run good and look like they are giving maximum effort on every play, even Dabo and Steele says they're playing really hard. So that leaves coaching. Steele's scheme just sucks donkey balls. It was terrible in 2009 when we couldnt stop anybody (with the exception of BC and WF). It was solid last year, couldve been better, but there were 6 or 7 NFL players on the defense last year. Heck, with that much talent I could coach defense and be successful. It's all coaching that's letting us down and that falls on Steele's shoulders. The two weakest parts of the defense are DB and LB, thats Steele's and Harbison's positions. They need to get their crap together or just go somewhere else. Harbison wasnt all that good the first time he was here, why should we expect he'd be any better the second time?

It's in the 2-Deep

Sep 28, 2011, 2:52 PM

Our 2nd string LBs are 2 Freshmen and 1 Sophomore, on the DL, true freshmen Corey Crawford and D. Williams have had a lot of snaps.

In addition, many of the first-teamers may be upperclassmen, but they're not very experienced. Rennie almost never played before this year, same with Tig Willard and Coty Sensebaugh.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,450
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic