Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Auburn vs. Clemson Prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Auburn vs. Clemson Prediction

Sep 16, 2011, 12:38 PM

Auburn vs. Clemson Prediction

This week’s game between Auburn and Clemson has the feel of an Old West shootout at High Noon. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Auburn vs. Clemson Prediction

Sep 16, 2011, 12:46 PM

I don't think with we can say special teasm are even.
They are perfect on field goals for the season; we have missed field goals and extra points.
We allowed a fake punt to be run on us; they executed a perfect onside kick.

While Zimmerman is a great punter, there is no way we can call our Special teams even.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Hey David Hood, there is no "Chizik magic".

Sep 16, 2011, 12:49 PM

They had the best team money could buy last year. Lee Corso could have coached them to a championship.

Re: Hey David Hood, there is no "Chizik magic".

Sep 16, 2011, 12:51 PM

How about the magic they have pulled of so far this year? They have confidence and know how to win. We do not right now. I think that is the difference.

Almost losing to Utah State and a win over the SEC's

Sep 16, 2011, 12:53 PM

equivalent of NC State is magic?

Re: Almost losing to Utah State and a win over the SEC's

Sep 16, 2011, 12:55 PM

They can win close games is the point. Clemson can't in recent history. It does not matter if it is NC State, Ga Tech, Maryland, or Auburn.

ok, that's fair, but you're missing my point. I'm saying

Sep 16, 2011, 1:00 PM

that if a guy is a crappy driver and somebody puts him in a Bugatti at the dragstrip, he's probably going to win.

Chizik was and is a mediocre coach who was handed the keys to a world class team that was assembled in less than ethical fashion. I'm not ready to induct him in the hall of fame yet.

Chizik sucks....

Sep 16, 2011, 1:01 PM

However, Auburn plays just above their competition, and we play just below.

Re: ok, that's fair, but you're missing my point. I'm saying

Sep 16, 2011, 1:03 PM [ in reply to ok, that's fair, but you're missing my point. I'm saying ]

I agree with you on Chizik. I am not a fan of his in more ways than one. I will give him credit for bringing in a good staff it seems though.

I just wish Clemson would take on the fearless demeanor and swagger that AU has right now. That is an advantage that you don't see on paper.

Re: ok, that's fair, but you're missing my point. I'm saying

Sep 16, 2011, 8:09 PM

Oh yea Aubum is a world beater. A 6/7 team that you are saying has less heart took them into over time. And they beat a 8/5 coot team to win the sec. Aubum is one of the number one reasons there should be a play off system.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If a close win over Utah State counts for Auburn

Sep 16, 2011, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Almost losing to Utah State and a win over the SEC's ]

then our close win over Wofford counts too. It's Dabo Magic!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't we win a close game against an inferior

Sep 16, 2011, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Almost losing to Utah State and a win over the SEC's ]

opponent last Saturday? The same thing they did in Week One against Utah St?

GO TIGERS

USU is D-1***

Sep 16, 2011, 1:44 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: USU is D-1***

Sep 16, 2011, 1:47 PM

And the AU over USU victory was pretty dramatic/remarkable in nature whereas Clemson simply hung on.

True........True***

Sep 16, 2011, 1:48 PM

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

How did we hang on?

Sep 16, 2011, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Re: USU is D-1*** ]

We were trailing by 3 in the 3rd quarter. We came back to take the lead and extended it to 8 in the last quarter.

To me, hanging on would be something like going up 35-0 then watching Wofford score 27 unanswered points to end the game.

I'm not saying it was a good game but if Auburn had played Wofford and it had been the same result, everyone would be talking about how they know how to win those close games etc etc etc... I guess they deserve some of the benefit of the doubt since they won a national championship last year...but that was LAST year.

GO TIGERS

Re: USU is D-1***

Sep 16, 2011, 1:48 PM [ in reply to USU is D-1*** ]

And wofford would proabably beat them. :)

Re: Hey David Hood, there is no "Chizik magic".

Sep 16, 2011, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey David Hood, there is no "Chizik magic". ]

Come on, are you effing serious. Their biggest win will be their biggest win of the season of Missy St. And they to right now are a crap team. But please, don't repeat what you read as the actual.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reasonable prediction. Proof is on the field and so far...

Sep 16, 2011, 12:52 PM

AU has proven it can win close games and Clemson has not. Here's to turning the tide tomorrow.

Auburn is also riding a 14 game win streak against Clemson.***

Sep 16, 2011, 12:53 PM

Which means ABSOLUTELY nothing.

Sep 16, 2011, 2:29 PM

The players on both teams were not even alive for a majority of those games.

null

LOL...(sarcasm, I assume?)***

Sep 16, 2011, 5:34 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nevermind...I was thinking their current winstreak overall..

Sep 16, 2011, 5:36 PM

(which they started in the last year or two) not just the winstreak against Clemson. (Guess I should have read closer.)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The winning (and also over Clemson) streak ends: 30-27 CU***

Sep 16, 2011, 12:58 PM

Computer Simulation?

Sep 16, 2011, 1:00 PM

Can anyone explain how this works? It seems to be the most lopsided of all the predictions.

Re: Computer Simulation?

Sep 16, 2011, 1:07 PM

I am guessing it is the NCAA 2012 game. The issue with that is it won't take into consideration high performing freshmen like Sammy Watkins or marked improvement of individual players who have emerged in the first game of the year.

It is just a projection based of of last years players performance. Probably as accurate as the preseason polls.

I don't really know. Just a guess.

Re: Computer Simulation?

Sep 16, 2011, 1:41 PM

10k computer simulations....Clemson won 6191 out of 10k...

hopefully that is not NCAA 2012 simulation, or someone has waaaaaaaaaay to much time on their hands....

Reasonable simulation can't predict massive underperformance***

Sep 16, 2011, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Computer Simulation? ]

what about the coaching matchup

Sep 16, 2011, 1:26 PM

did y'all quit analyzing the coaching matchup that factors into the prediction?

Re: what about the coaching matchup

Sep 16, 2011, 1:28 PM

the computer prediction is kinda worthless if it does playesr based on last year statistics...especially if one team (Auburn) essentially has an entirely new team.

T-Net is in a pickle. Can't admit which coach is better.

Sep 16, 2011, 5:19 PM [ in reply to what about the coaching matchup ]

The readership of TigerNet is overwhelmingly pro-Dabo and bitterly intolerant of any view (no matter how reasonable) that paints Dabo as anythng less than one of the best coaches in the industry. I guess the TigerNet staff looked out at the opponents this season and realized that they couldn't realistically compare the coaches without either absurdly lying or alienating the overwhelmingly pro-Dabo readership on T-Net, so the staff wisely just dropped the coaching comparison section that they did in years past (when they gave an "advantage" or "even" to Dabo in almost every analysis, no matter how absurd). But after a 6-7 season, it's impossible to continue the charade.

I mean c'mon as game-planning, game-day day coaches (not recruiters)...
* National champ Chizik vs Dabo?
* 10-wins (in his 1st season) Fisher vs. Dabo?
* Multiple ACC champ Beamer vs. Dabo?
* 2-time Big East champ Edsall vs. Dabo?
* National champ Davis vs. Dabo?
* ACC champ Grobe vs. Dabo?
* National champ Spurrier vs. Dabo?
* 5-time Sun Belt champ Blakeney vs. Dabo?
* 3-time Southern Conference champ Ayers vs. Dabo?

Much of the T-Net readership would have been in full revolt if the staff had done realistic coaching comparisons. I think it was a very smart business decision for the T-Net staff to drop the coaching comparisons. You're not going to find balanced articles on the Daily Kos or on T-Net. Play to the readership.

Re: T-Net is in a pickle. Can't admit which coach is better.

Sep 16, 2011, 8:17 PM

Razz is just speaking through his A$$. Same oh, same oh, as usual !!!!!!!!!

You can't make an intelligent counterpoint, eh? Must hurt.***

Sep 16, 2011, 11:16 PM

Sep 16, 2011, 9:20 PM [ in reply to T-Net is in a pickle. Can't admit which coach is better. ]

Raz,

Why exactly do you come on here? I don't visit this site that much, but every time I do there is some negative comment either about Clemson, Plyler, or just TigerNet in general...

I mean geez, if it's so horrible and so pro Dabo which you can't stand, then go somewhere else...

But then again I'm probably writing about an expert that knows everything about college football...

-J

Sep 17, 2011, 12:26 AM

I've NEVER made a negative comment about Plyler, so obviously you're dishonest or confused.

T-Net has good, worthwhile information, but I know that I'll NEVER read a T-Net article that has even the slightest bit of balance or critique of the administration. That's fine. I go elswhere for balanced analysis.

I call them like I see them-- sometimes positive, sometimes negative, sometimes just neutral statistical observations, etc, but always sincere, and often data-backed. NOBODY EVER COMPLAINS when I post something positive here. But I OFTEN get flamed here for posting something negative. (See this thread and your reply for proof.) That's just the intolerant pumper complexion of the T-Net readership. I never get flamed on other sports blogs, like ESPN, or ShakinTheSouthland.

I simply answered Fowler43's question about why T-Net dropped the coaching comparison. I asked the same question of the Wofford prediction, but the T-Net staff didn't answer. Do you have a better explanation for why T-Net suddenly dropped the "coaching comparison" section that was always included in the past? Do you disagree with my reasoning, or you just don't like that I pointed out something obvious?

Special teams is not even

Sep 16, 2011, 2:48 PM

Unfortunately, Auburn's kicker has been sending kickoffs through the uprights.... nullifying Clemson's return game.

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Sep 16, 2011, 4:04 PM

Now that's something worth booing!

Computer simulation aka rolling dice***

Sep 16, 2011, 11:31 PM

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic