Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Walker and Freeman expect a more physical line against Au
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Walker and Freeman expect a more physical line against Au

Sep 15, 2011, 12:31 PM

Walker and Freeman expect a more physical line against Auburn

Senior tackle Landon Walker and junior center Dalton Freeman both said this week that they understand the disappointment fans have in the play of the offensive line, and expect that to change this week. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I noticed is that McClain has trouble looking the

Sep 15, 2011, 12:45 PM

interviewer straight in the eyes. Walker and Freeman don't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

hahaha oh my god...***

Sep 15, 2011, 12:48 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow... Cadwell better whip these guys into shape.

Sep 15, 2011, 2:52 PM

They're already oversized as it is and I'm not being mean. The last thing they need to be is lazy...

That's it - we've got a lazy OL. These coaches better get on them.

so we pick the games we get crunk for now!?

Sep 15, 2011, 12:57 PM [ in reply to What I noticed is that McClain has trouble looking the ]

i can't believeeee he just admitted that they weren't motivated for these games! wow. just wow.

I hate to bother the OL with games and such, but

Sep 15, 2011, 1:00 PM

I hope they realize they can't take any team lightly.

this team has earned NOTHING for them to just walk in and win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's hard to get everyone up for the first two games".....

Sep 15, 2011, 1:25 PM

You've gotta be kidding me.

Re: "It's hard to get everyone up for the first two games".....

Sep 15, 2011, 1:28 PM

This **** gets worse and worse everyday. Effort should never be something we are worried about not have every freaking Saturday.

Re: "It's hard to get everyone up for the first two games".....

Sep 15, 2011, 5:44 PM

Palmetto I think unfortunately this is a result of not having a 2nd team that is pushing for starting jobs. I had to stop watching each interview. It hurt to bad.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want to know if they rubbed the rock the first two games!?***

Sep 15, 2011, 1:35 PM [ in reply to "It's hard to get everyone up for the first two games"..... ]

They'd better have kept their filthy hands off his rock.***

Sep 16, 2011, 8:27 AM

Would better effort vs. better opponent net better results?

Sep 15, 2011, 1:54 PM

I hope so, but that seems questionable.

Last season, almost this same group of OLs played tough against Auburn (including playing against Nick Fairley) so it's possible that we'll see a marked improvement if the OL's motivation & preparation improves. I hope so.

However, I'm sure that Auburn's DC watched the Troy & Wofford games and has learned from their successful tactics (twists, fire-zone blitzes, etc.), so I'd be shocked if Auburn's DC didn't employ the same tactics until Clemson proves that it can burn Auburn when they employ those tactics.

Re: Front Page Story: Walker and Freeman expect a more physical line against Wofford

Sep 15, 2011, 2:04 PM

We sat through both games to the end
and granted it was hot, especially the Troy game.
However, it seemed like besides having a motivational issue with playing more aggressive, we might have a physical conditiong issue. Before the end of the half, both lines (more so the offense) were standing up with their hands on their hips...as if they were winded...until the start of play forced them to get into their stance. Of course, I realize a player has to be motivated either by themselves,a coach, or something in order to do all that strength and conditioning...as the saying goes "when the going gets tough, the tough get going". Maybe it's time to 'run some stairs' !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

complacent about what???

Sep 15, 2011, 2:37 PM

6-7 record. Loss to SFla. Back to back USC losses for the first time in 40 years? what exactly was there to get complacent about?

I don't buy the tough to get up for the first two games stuff. YOu'd think they would be ready and chomping at the bit to hit another team

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Walker and Freeman expect a more physical line against Au

Sep 15, 2011, 3:06 PM

Is it just me or does it come off like the guys don't really care since this is an out of conference game....they don't seem to be behind the coaching staff either with freeman saying they don't buy into the coaches saying they aren't being physical enough and that is why they aren't adding new wrinkles to the offense.

Reading Comprehension not a strong suit for you, huh?

Sep 15, 2011, 3:13 PM

Where does that article say anything about them not buying into being physical enough? Really?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reading Comprehension not a strong suit for you, huh?

Sep 15, 2011, 3:19 PM

listen to the player interviews (the videos) those things that play moving pictures at the bottom of the article. They include the entire interview not just the happy parts that the editor cut out.

LOL..."WE DON'T LISTEN TO NO AUDIO IN BELTON"!!!***

Sep 15, 2011, 4:21 PM

Re: Reading Comprehension not a strong suit for you, huh?

Sep 15, 2011, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Reading Comprehension not a strong suit for you, huh? ]

Watch the Dalton Freeman interview, dum dum

Does a scholarship mean anything?

Sep 15, 2011, 4:43 PM

When you are getting a FREE education, you should play EVERY PLAY like your hair is on fire.

Where is the emotion? Where is the honor of playing for a University with such history?

Sep 15, 2011, 5:04 PM

Lots of other teams blew out their cupcakes. "Not being able to get motivated for a lesser opponent". A lesser opponent is not an excuse for lack of toughness.

I do not care if it is Wofford or Alabama, if they have a different color jersey on than what you do, your job is to kill them at the line of scrimmage. For that 60 minutes, you need to hate that man! Act like he just slapped your momma in the mouth.

Motivation problem?!? You play ONE game a week!

Sep 15, 2011, 5:21 PM

I could see the motivation issue being more relevant if we were talking about baseball or basketball, where you play multiple games a week. But this is football. You play ONE freaking game a week! That's it! You should have no trouble getting motivated for that ONE game, regardless of who you are playing!

I especially have a problem with the notion that these guys weren't up for these games, considering that this is a new season. They have been through spring practice, summer workouts, and preseason practices. They've (theoretically) been working really hard. The game should be exciting and adrenaline-inspiring. It's what you've been working so hard for!

I'm so angry to read junk like this from our linemen, to the point that if I were their coach I would strongly consider not letting them rub the rock or run down the hill for the Auburn game. And I wouldn't let them do it again until they showed me that their effort, passion, and work ethic were to the level that is expected of them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I am insensed by those comments!***

Sep 15, 2011, 5:21 PM

Sep 15, 2011, 5:46 PM

Wow...WOW...did I really read what I just read??? Really? Seriously? Are you kidding me??? If I wasn't "up" for a game, ok...If wasn't "up" for two games...DANG...why am I even playing football?!?!

So LAST year our OLine was ready 4 every game? &we went 6-7?

Sep 15, 2011, 6:23 PM

God, i'm gonna hate to see the outcome of this season

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhh, didn't these guys say the same thing.....

Sep 15, 2011, 6:57 PM

before the Troy and Wofford game?

Just curious;

"It's hard for everybody to get up for the first two games"

Sep 15, 2011, 7:08 PM

That is absolutely pathetic.

Just what I was thinking

Sep 15, 2011, 8:12 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=996160&messageID=10990544#10990544

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Am I in the Twilight Zone?

Sep 15, 2011, 9:07 PM

This is the difference in a winning attitude and a loser's attitude. This kid definitely has a loser's attitude. I would bench his #### for a less experienced, yet more hungry young man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OL spots should have been an open tryout as well

Sep 16, 2011, 12:33 AM

How can he sit there and say that they basically didn't give a sh!t and didn't put in the extra effort? They've done nothing to make them think that they don't have to put in extra time in the film room.

Absolute sunshine-pumping BS.

Sep 16, 2011, 9:07 AM

Not by T-net. By the players themselves. BEEEE ESSSS.

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic