Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers lead for South Aiken defensive tackle prospect
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Sep 9, 2011, 8:20 AM

South Aiken defensive tackle prospect Josh Brown compares himself to Auburn's Nick Fairley. He is not a dirty player, just more aggressive than some people like. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need this kid!***

Sep 9, 2011, 8:46 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigers lead for South Aiken defensive tackle prospect

Sep 9, 2011, 8:46 AM

Wow! I really like this guys attitude. If he's close to a Fairley or Suh we will be getting a good un'. Come on to Clemson young man the future is bright!

Sep 9, 2011, 9:14 AM

Auburn "supporters" must be scrambling to gather up cash so they can offer it to this guy. That would be awesome if he chooses Clemson!

Sep 9, 2011, 9:18 AM

rivals has him listed as an offensive lineman and a 2 star.....is that correct???

Sep 9, 2011, 10:00 AM

Yes, Scout doesn't even have him rated. Don't know if he has just flown under the radar or what. I like his size and looks like he's got plenty of room to put some weight on. We need Dee lineman so we probably need to take a chance on this guy. Seems like the 4-5 star guys who were considering us are leaning FL or some place else.

Sep 9, 2011, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Tigers lead for South Aiken defensive tackle prospect ]

I don't put too much stock in stars. Few examples of good ones at Clemson from the past:

Aaron Kelly-2 star, Rashaad Jackson-2 star, Philip Merling-2 star, Barry Richardson-2 star, Kavell Connor-2 star, Tyler Grisham-2 star, Michael Palmer-2 star, Nick Watkins-2 star, and the late, great Gaines Adams-3 star

"Stars that never really panned out"
Corey Lambert-4 star, Mike Macintosh (left us for Fla and never played)-5 star, Rendrick Taylor-4 star, Darius Gaither-4 star, Markish Jones-4 star, and Kelvin Grant-4 star

This kid looks like a gamer. He is big and athletic with the body to put on more weight. A good friend of mine played QB for South Aiken several years ago and still keeps in contact with the program. He says this kid is good and a good character kid. I like his attitude and think he can contribute immediately if he comes in. Everyone knows we need D tackles.

If a read his offer list right,

Sep 9, 2011, 9:19 AM

We lead over Georgia State, PC, and VMI. Hope he's the next Gaines Adams.

If Brooks wants him, that's good enough for me

Sep 9, 2011, 10:07 AM

I think you take every 6'5", 290lb, sub-5 40, plays-with-a-mean-streak, more-aggressive-than-some-people-like player you can get and see what the D staff can do with them.

Re: If a read his offer list right,

Sep 9, 2011, 6:48 PM [ in reply to If a read his offer list right, ]

He is definitely a project.

They use him everywhere

Sep 9, 2011, 10:01 AM

In that footage I'm pretty sure I saw him lined up at OT, OG, DT and DE at different times. He always looked like a man among boys on the field.

I'd be interested to see what he does against guys his size, but that video is nothing to sneeze at.

Sep 9, 2011, 10:34 AM

I hope he is just as nasty as NF TIMES 2. Fairly got away with his style of play for his whole college career. Don't let the Reffs start a flag throwing contest just b/c Clemson has a few with the same NASTY. THE END:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I blocked against this guy

Sep 9, 2011, 4:10 PM

He definitely hustles to the ball and plays hard, but I didn't see anything that made him overly special. He was one of the tougher D-Linemen i've been paired up against, but nothing that made me say "Oh wow this guys D-1 for sure" He won't turn into an instant impact player, but with hard work and a lot of effort he could pan out to be a solid Lineman. He's for sure got the size.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I blocked against this guy

Sep 9, 2011, 6:16 PM

It's a good thing we are recruiting him as a d-lineman because his blocking looked awful...he just stands straight up with little to no drive/foot movement

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wasn't going say...

Sep 9, 2011, 8:18 PM

ne thing,but since U did...I agree...totally.

Sep 9, 2011, 7:02 PM

Looked better on offense to me

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic