Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bellamy a work in progress
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Sep 6, 2011, 8:12 PM

Mike Bellamy says he made a statement with long touchdown run Saturday, but he understands he has to learn the offense before he earns more playing time. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn't that sure about this kid at first...

Sep 6, 2011, 8:24 PM

...given the fact that he posted that photo of him with all that cash, but this interview is encouraging. Clemson is a good place to get your head on straight and develop a workmanlike attitude.

Re: Wasn't that sure about this kid at first...

Sep 6, 2011, 8:36 PM

You're right .. this is encouraging to read. I like his attitude and hope that he can do what's needed to see more of the field in the near future.

Know that AE sprung him may teach a few freshmen

Sep 6, 2011, 8:49 PM

how important it is to get their blocking assignments correct.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Know that AE sprung him may teach a few freshmen

Sep 7, 2011, 12:57 AM

went back and watched the replay... AE took out THREE defenders with his block. very nice

CU WR blocking needs to improve

Sep 7, 2011, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Know that AE sprung him may teach a few freshmen ]

I hope our guys watched that Miami - Maryland game Monday night. Did you see how well the Maryland receivers were blocking for each other? That is what we lack and we need to get our WR's to understand big plays can happen when they aren't catching the ball.

Re: Bellamy a work in progress

Sep 6, 2011, 9:52 PM

I will always remember Bellamy as the kid who said he was going to match or break Spillers Clemson records. Well best goals to set are the ones you have to AIM HIGH at to reach. Good luck in your career at Clemson Mike. Hope you reach all your goals AND STAY ALL 4 YRS HERE. Not get so good you bail after 3 yrs here.

Sep 7, 2011, 9:26 PM

I hope he is good enough to bail after 2, but he decides to stay for 4. That is what I want to see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2011, 10:52 PM

Im pretty sure Ellington wasnt in on that play...must've been Hopkins

Sep 6, 2011, 11:01 PM

I thought the same thing so I just watched the replay on ESPN3 and sure enough Ellington was in and got the last block and took out two defenders.

it was allen #83***

Sep 6, 2011, 11:20 PM

Re: it was allen #83***

Sep 7, 2011, 12:35 AM

No, Allen blocked off the left tackle where the play was supposed to go. He was lined up at the TE position to the right of Boyd and there were two RBs in the backfield with Boyd, Bellamy was to Boyd's right and Ellington was to his left. There was no hole where Allen made the block, and Nuk came in and blocked the same guy. Then Bellamy kicked it outside and you can see pretty clearly that it's #23 with dreads that lays the block that springs Bellamy. If it wasn't so late I would make a screen capture of it.

he actually took out THREE defenders... if you count

Sep 7, 2011, 12:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Bellamy a work in progress ]

the last guy who tripped over the two he knocked down. which I do.

Re: Re: Bellamy a work in progress

Sep 6, 2011, 11:14 PM

Well kudos to AE!

Haha, I like how the guy trying to give him a high five just

Sep 7, 2011, 12:39 AM

acted like he was fixing his hat when Bellamy just went by him

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My views of Bellamy and this play

Sep 7, 2011, 8:39 AM

I've got a great pair of binoculars (and good seats) which give me a good view of things along our sideline. On the kickoff before this big play you may remember that Bellamy was not one of the returners. I think that they inserted Nuke. Well, our freshman was not happy and immediately went to the bench to sulk. He sat there flipping his helmet in his hands all alone for a few minutes. Finally some assistant went over to talk with him. The assistant left, and Bellamy stayed in his seat...Not another player on the team was on the bench. I started hoping that this wasn't the start of some type of attitude developing. At that time the team is huddled near our sidelines on the field, and the coaches started looking for #5. At the last moment Bellamy realizes what is going on, and jumps up to join the group. They go onto the field, and TD run. We've had many highly touted freshmen that have had difficult adjustments once they have arrived on the college scene that have gone forward to have great careers. I hope that he will develope and help our/his team too. He almost missed his big play. This is what I observed. Any comments?

Re: My views of Bellamy and this play

Sep 7, 2011, 9:10 AM

Well, no one can really say you didn't see what you say you saw, unless there is some video to refute it. So, I'm going to say you're telling it like it was. Therefore, I'd have to conclude that MB had at least two big teachable moments on Saturday. From his interview, it would seem that he learned a lot and did a lot of growing up. If he wants to break CJ's records, he's going to need CJ's attitude. My memory is long enough to remember that CJ nearly transferred out of here, but got his priorities reworked and had a great Clemson career. The sooner MB has that same mindset, the more likely he is to break those records. Unfortunately, I was never the high school kid (I was a HS RB) with lightning speed and shifty moves that every single great program was in love with. I wasn't even a HS kid who was a big deal at my own school. So, I can't be hard on the kid for needing to learn some humility. I think he's getting it, which is to his credit big time. I also think he's getting it faster than a lot of other superstars, which is also to his credit big time. This kid--if he stays healthy--is going to be one ###### of a player at Clemson. I wouldn't be surprised if there is Heisman talk sooner or later. I'm glad he's a Tiger and I trust our coaching staff to mold his character along with his football acumen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I'm going to agree w/you on all counts.***

Sep 7, 2011, 9:16 AM

Re: My views of Bellamy and this play

Sep 7, 2011, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: My views of Bellamy and this play ]

Thumbs up and major kudos, because I agree. I love what I am seeing and what I am hearingThere are a lot of programs who wish they had what we have. Say what you will, but Dabo is a great example, he has assistants who are out of the same mold, and he has players who are buying into or who have bought in to this program. If you are a parent, wouldn't you want your kid in a program like ours? It's a no brainer, and I like our future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2011, 9:20 AM

So he hasn't spent time learning the plays yet? That is a top priority for the staff to change that. He won't become the back we need him to be if he doesn't put in the time to learn the offense.

Sep 7, 2011, 9:25 AM

He'll get it. He's got good company. Some of the freshmen are taking longer than others to absorb all the knowledge they need. There is a lot to learn. Not sure you or I would get it any quicker. I am sure, though, that neither you nor I could do what he does on the field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Sep 7, 2011, 11:55 AM

He really is awesome to watch. When he got in front of the Troy defenders he just continued to open the distance between him and them. There's a lot of speed on this team. Let's hope we handle this better than we did with Davis and Spiller in the backfield. VT has a young man named David Wilson who is not only an outstanding talent but he's a great young man as well. We'll be seeing him way too soon. Anyway, he's a good role model for any young back. He waited his turn and now he's going to blossom. Perhaps Bellamy and other CU freshmen will do the same.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I must be Nostrildamus . . .

Sep 7, 2011, 10:49 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=983240&messageID=10825281#10825281

MB - - act like you have been there before. Dropping the ball right at the goal line is beyond crazy.

Follow CJ's lead - break his records - do it the way he did it.

(GREAT run, by the way ! ! )

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Does that mean you make predictions with your nose?

Sep 7, 2011, 10:59 AM

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2011, 9:23 PM

This is a young man who is growing up - the right way. I like the comments he made, and I believe he will prove to be a tremendous asset to us and a tremendous credit to his family and to himself if his words wring true (and I think they will). I think this just goes to further demonstrate the character of this team. We are putting together something very special at Clemson. JMHO, but I like what I see coming along.

Sep 8, 2011, 11:39 AM

I dont think its that big of a deal. He's an 18 year old kid that in his first game bust a 75 yard run for a TD in front of 70 thousand people. (if even that many and that point in the game) But still thats a feeling I'm sure is indescribable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic