Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo Sunday teleconference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,463

Sep 4, 2011, 7:30 PM

Highlights from Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney's first Sunday teleconference of the season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The pass protection was pretty solid?

Sep 4, 2011, 9:03 PM

I know you know a lot more about football than I do Dabo, but I have to disagree here. In the first half we got blitzed and blitzed effectively. Second half we got rid of it so fast that we didn't need too much pass pro. Although it did seem a bit better since they weren't blitzing as much.

Re: The pass protection was pretty solid?

Sep 4, 2011, 9:49 PM

I will agree the protection could have been better but Boyd was hanging on to the ball too long in the first half.

The offensive adjustment that Morris made is why you think they were blitzing less. They went to quick throws, which eliminated the effectiveness of the blitzes. It also increased Boyd's confidence. Hopefully he will get to his 2nd and 3rd reads etc more quickly as the season rolls on.

Sep 5, 2011, 12:17 AM

I will have to agree with what you are saying. With the type of recievers we have now, it will be easy for Tajh to just unload the ball at the first sight of an open man. He didn't have to pull it back and run for his life the way KP had to last year. Good hand recievers can make a D back off on two and three mam blitzing. Give Tajh a nerve pill about 30 minutes before kick off, and we will be OK I would think. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2011, 10:19 PM [ in reply to The pass protection was pretty solid? ]

I don;t know about solid....but two of the sacks were on the QB....he could have gotten rid of the ball easily.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Sep 4, 2011, 10:38 PM

I agree with you. Nowadays, it is so easy for a QB to just get out of the pocket and throw the ball away when in trouble, vs. the old days when there had to be a receiver there. Tajh has to do his job and find receivers quicker or throw the ball away to avoid a sack. That said, the OL needs to afford him the time to make a read or, hopefully, more than just a read. I said this season should be a work in progress, and I still say that. I do see hope now, and I didn't see it as much in the past.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

couldnt punch it in on 4th and1 from goal line..

Sep 4, 2011, 11:25 PM

i have an idea..maybe give it to a guy named andre ellington he is our RB

Re: couldnt punch it in on 4th and1 from goal line..

Sep 5, 2011, 8:01 AM

The offensive line play was far from being “winners”. It was pathetic! There was no push, no holes opened and pass protection was iffy. Only running plays that gained any yardage were ones that broke to the outside. Line looked like a sieve at times as plays were blown up in the backfield. Defensive linemen were untouched and running free in our backfield many times. Hate to see what playing FSU and VT will be like.

Re: Dabo Sunday teleconference

Sep 5, 2011, 9:50 AM

Dabo didn't mention the run blocking that was crap as usual. If we take off Bellamy's run we were 37 attempts for 122 yards (3.3 ypc). That's not impressive at all, especially for playing a Sun Belt team. I usually don't like to take off big runs because it's part of the game, but that run had nothing to do with blocking, Bellamy did it all on his own. If you look at the replay the hole that was supposed to be there wasn't so Bellamy had to use his speed to bounce it to the outside.

Great skill players behind a marginal OL? Deja vu.***

Sep 5, 2011, 11:59 AM

Sep 5, 2011, 10:04 AM

Lot of work left to do. Troy and Wofford will be learning games. hope we learn enough to face our tough schedule that is upcoming

Sep 5, 2011, 11:30 AM

I didn't see a lot of running room up front and Boyd was pressured way to much. I admit that I am no coach but I know what I saw and a good OL wasn't one of them! I like to see the defensive guys on their rear a few times a game and I haven't seen a Clemson OL that tough in YEARS.
Good luck Tigers. The speedy guys can win games for you but it will be an easy season if the big guys play big time football.

Sep 7, 2011, 8:17 AM

You are right on with that statement. The OL has been the undoing of our team for many years. I believe we upgraded our OL Coach considerably, but the talent we have is leftover from BS. It may take a little time to replace the OL with guys of a different mindset. I hope not, because we won't be our best without better up front play. Also, I didn't think our DL was so special either. We are missing a couple of real studs this year, and it showed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,463
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic