Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Instant Analysis: Clemson 43, Troy 19
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Sep 3, 2011, 6:51 PM

Quick breakdown of Clemson's 43-19 win over the Troy Trojans. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

story of this game was the O LINE...

Sep 3, 2011, 6:54 PM

first half the O line couldnt block to save their lives.once they started giving boyd time in the second half the tied changed

Re: story of this game was the O LINE...

Sep 3, 2011, 6:58 PM

Seriously...someone explain to me why there aren't more plays designed to get Andre off tackle and in to open space??????

Please tell me we aren't showing all our cards yet and this is a warm up. I guess it could be worse.....we could have gone to overtime like Ok. St. (or lost like in 2007), and this Troy team was better than North Texas..

BUT WHY WOULD YOU NOT JUST LINE UP RUN IT BEHIND CHAD DIEHL FROM THE ONE YARD LINE....OMG MORRIS??????? A GENIUS???? WHATEVER.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2011, 7:13 PM

I won't tell you that we weren't showing all our cards or that this was a warm up game.What I will tell you is that last season against North Texas we did not show all our cards and it was not a warm up game either.I will tell you that an effort like we had in the first half today will NOT get it done against the likes of Auburn/FSU/ Va.Tech/UNC/Ga.Tech or the coots.Thank heaven for the second half.

Sep 3, 2011, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: story of this game was the O LINE... ]

I definitely agree...why would you send #30 out to the flat on a pass on 2nd and goal...run the ball behind that guy with #23....oh...and do that on 4th at the 1/2 yard line too instead of #10 getting banged up inside getting stopped.

At the very least line him up under center and not shotgun

Sep 4, 2011, 1:36 PM

and just lean forward behind dalton freeman and easy touchdown.

Morris really screwed the pooch on that goal line stand and erased what was a great play by Martavis Bryant to get down there.

Rusty 1st half

Sep 3, 2011, 6:58 PM

and much better 2nd half. Very impressed with some of our freshmen.

Re: Rusty 1st half

Sep 3, 2011, 7:01 PM

agreed. But not impressed with O-play calling....effort was there. It's the coaches job to put them in position to succeed.

Good job players..come on Offensive coaches..show us something.

Re: Rusty 1st half

Sep 3, 2011, 7:02 PM

agreed!

: Clemson 43, Troy 19

Sep 3, 2011, 7:00 PM

If you thought Clemson would roll over Troy,then apparently you weren't paying attention-Troy came here to win...TO WIN. But you gotta give it to the TIGERS for keeping it together,hanging tough. And finally doing what needed to be done in the 2nd half.Hang in there folks.Adjustments were made at the half,and you saw alot beter team coming out in the 3rd quarter.And while Boyd could have just hung his head the whole 2nd half,he didn't. And actually put together descent numbers-Great job Tigers...now lets DEMOLISH the Terriers.

Re: : Clemson 43, Troy 19

Sep 3, 2011, 7:15 PM

I was paying attention.I said all week long that Troy was coming here to win.Thank goodness football is 2 half's because they actually won the first.

Sep 3, 2011, 7:34 PM [ in reply to : Clemson 43, Troy 19 ]

Congrats on the W from a true Troy fan. I saw some very good things by my team and some telling things for Clemson as well. Your DC is pretty good because he did a good job of adjusting at halftime. I wasn't as impressed with your defense as I was with ours, but your special teams play was good. I'm sure that you guys will have a decent season...good luck the rest of the way.

Go Trojans!!!

LMAO Trojan man***

Sep 3, 2011, 10:51 PM

I agree,

Sep 4, 2011, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: : Clemson 43, Troy 19 ]

I'm always way more impressed by defenses that give up 43 than I am with defenses that give up 19.

Thanks for the W, now be on your way.

Sep 4, 2011, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: : Clemson 43, Troy 19 ]

You were impressed with your defense that got roasted in the second half? You must really have low expectations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sep 4, 2011, 7:40 AM [ in reply to : Clemson 43, Troy 19 ]

I do not think anyone would deny that this team, Boyd or anyone else, doesn't have talent, heart, etc. What they lack is experience, which was extremely evident. Chad Morris, at this point, lacks experience. On the 1 yard line and you didn't use the fullback???!!! Are you friggin serious??? Isn't that his position? With the terriers coming in next week, let's hope they get out there and really practice on fundamentals and get them down. Then they can come out with whatever "trickeration" they want to. Let's figure out how to win. When we are playing the heart of the schedule, the one that ranks as one of the toughest in the country, lets learn how to "get in the trenches and slug it out"!!! Clemson football is about smashing teams in the mouth, running them into the ground, and then the defense just pounding them. The swagger comes after the beating the #### out of someone like Vatech, not the Trojans.

4th and goal from the 1

Sep 4, 2011, 9:30 AM

Don't mean to toot my horn...

But on that play,soon as they lined up.I told ppl here
at my house...the play isn't going work.

:/

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic