Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson adds 12 to 2012 baseball team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 4,284

Aug 30, 2011, 7:22 PM

Clemson Baseball Head Coach Jack Leggett announced the addition of 12 players, who have already begun classes, on Tuesday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad to see an increase in SC recruits...

Aug 30, 2011, 11:01 PM

And to have another Kieboom on the list!

I was thinking the exact same thing!!***

Aug 31, 2011, 8:13 AM

Re: I was thinking the exact same thing!!***

Sep 2, 2011, 5:47 PM

me also! tanner has been kicking our butts in-state for a long time(and he is still doing it) but @ least we seem to be trying!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Glad to see an increase in SC recruits...

Sep 2, 2011, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Glad to see an increase in SC recruits... ]

I have heard the argument a few times about needing more in state prospects, and I just don't get it. I know it stems from the recent trend of the Gamecock's strong play. But if the Gamecocks were beating teams bunch of players from Florida, we would be complaining that we needed to recruit more from the Sunshine State. The argument as to why they are beating us is illogical ...

I don't want us to recruit more South Carolina kids. I want us to recruit the very best players we can no matter where they are from - continue to expand and leverage a wide recruiting footprint and use that to have a bigger pool of players to pull from.

Saying we should target more in state high school players is like saying as a business I should only hire one type of graduate from one school. No - to be most successful, I should hire the best graduates regardless of school.

Sep 5, 2011, 8:29 AM

scar under tanner has typically had a roster that is a mix of jucos, out of state hs players, and instate hs players. while alot of attention has been on the instate players, out of state players such as jackie bradley, christian walker, sam dyson,and whit meerifield also were apart of those championship teams. he also had a couple of instate kids that started their college ball at other programs, and transferred to scar.

Sep 5, 2011, 8:35 AM

yep, never mind that 6 of 8 everyday starters for the coots last year were not from south carolina.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson adds 12 to 2012 baseball team

Sep 5, 2011, 12:28 PM

i agree with the poster about signing the best class that you can sign. a year after not making the post season, clemson signed a great class and needed some of its frehman to play right away.
miller was at ss, dwyer was a starter, and weissman saw action on the mound as well. will lamb, phil pohl, and david haseldan were also in that class. pohl, lamb and haseldan didnt play alot as freshman, but they had their best years as tigers this year.
in 2010 with ben paulsen gone, richie shaffer, took over at first base.
unc, uva, gatech, scar, and fsu will all attempt to recruit at a high level. clemson has to make sure that it also recruits at a high level.

Re: Clemson adds 12 to 2012 baseball team

Sep 5, 2011, 1:28 PM

With LeCroy's roots in South Carolina you are seeing us compete for the best instate players and also a few of the finest pitchers in the 2012 class nationally. However, if we want to compete for the best players nationally on an ongoing basis we must upgrade the facilities. These kids are blown away by the stadiums, locker rooms and players lounges in Columbia and Chapel Hill just two mention two schools we go head to head against for much of the talent. The upgrades which have been talked about for a couple of years now to these areas are an absolute must. Full speed ahead

Replies: 8
| visibility 4,284
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic