Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
News and notes from Thursday's practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Aug 25, 2011, 10:30 PM

Swinney told the media following Thursday’s practice that Clemson fans will see a lot of Sammy Watkins this fall. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow! Watkins better (more complete) than CJ as a freshman?***

Aug 26, 2011, 1:22 AM

and Parker would be the starting QB for most NFL teams...*

Aug 26, 2011, 1:24 AM

sound familiar?

Not knocking Dabo, but he tends to get a little too excited at times.

The kid is the complete package though, physically gfited, mature, high football IQ, and is a perfectionist and tireless worker

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and Parker would be the starting QB for most NFL teams...*

Aug 26, 2011, 1:34 AM

Schizo or just not sure?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2011, 8:34 AM [ in reply to and Parker would be the starting QB for most NFL teams...* ]

I'm excited about Watkins, no doubt, but even I didn't buy into KP being NFL talent. That was probably some hype to make KP justify his decision to play FB. That said, I do think we have quality talent and depth at many positions we haven't had in many years. We need more DL and especially OL, but we are putting together a great team, IMHO, and it will last a long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2011, 12:47 PM [ in reply to and Parker would be the starting QB for most NFL teams...* ]

Haha so much hype now - who remembers the days when you listened to the pregame interviews of Danny Ford and Vince Dooley and you were absolutely convinced that neither team would win a game all year?? Now everybody is a champion on paper! Let play some games and show how much we have improved!

Re: Wow! Watkins better (more complete)

Aug 27, 2011, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Wow! Watkins better (more complete) than CJ as a freshman?*** ]

Ok he can run fast, has good hands, studies the game which I assume means he gets the play book. Good size but no comment on how he blocks. This will provide the seperation between Watkins and make him tht complete player we have not really ever seen at receiver. Run Sammy Run. Catch Sammy catch. Block Sammy Block Clemson wins with this.

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

I'm as excited as the next guy about Watkins but I kind of

Aug 26, 2011, 7:47 AM

wish Dabo would tone it down just a tad about the kid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm as excited as the next guy about Watkins but I kind of

Aug 26, 2011, 8:40 AM

There's really no upside or downside from an opponent's perception. They'll have game film to figure out if he's that good. They only benefit I can see from Dabo talking him up is that it motivates the other receivers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure why it's in our interests to talk him uP bf the

Aug 26, 2011, 10:56 AM [ in reply to I'm as excited as the next guy about Watkins but I kind of ]

Season starts. Let's let his performance speak.

The more scared they are of our WR's the better it is

Aug 26, 2011, 12:04 PM [ in reply to I'm as excited as the next guy about Watkins but I kind of ]

for our running game.

great pt. we need to run,run and run. throw to simply

Aug 26, 2011, 6:43 PM

add insult to injury. If we can run effectively out of this system, then our passes could be of the quick stike, vertical variety. How many times did we see Oregon and Auburn throw to people when all the qb had to do was "put air under the ball"

Dabo just can't help himself....

Aug 26, 2011, 8:28 AM

His own statements set expectations that his players can't match. By the time fall practice is over he is going to have Tiger nation believing that 10 wins and an ACC championship is your baseline for success.

Re: Dabo just can't help himself....

Aug 26, 2011, 8:42 AM

Watkins level of achievements this season are directly related to Boyd’s success and the jury is still out on Boyd, so I’m in “show me” mode.

agree....would think it would make it harder to motivate...

Aug 26, 2011, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Dabo just can't help himself.... ]

not my field, but the way he talks it seems that some players may buy into a little too much and think they can just roll their helmets out on the field.

...and why make it so hard on himself and set expectations so high. I think it is good to set high goals with the team, but the public speaking makes it sound as if CU is ready for a NC run....and this coming off a season where CU lost more than they won. Can CU really depend that much on a relatively inexperienced OC and freshmen?

Actually, that IS our baseline of success ...

Aug 26, 2011, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Dabo just can't help himself.... ]

And Win #8 is going to be particularly satisfying ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. 10-win ACC contender seasons should be our

Aug 26, 2011, 12:58 PM

baseline for football success. I don't see it this year, but I do see an improvement record-wise over last year. I will be greatly disappointed if we don't win at least 8 games in 2011. I can't see us turning the corner completely this year, but there's nothing wrong with setting your goals that high and ingraining those expectations into your players and program.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crump, can you get a different stock pic of Watkins?

Aug 26, 2011, 8:50 AM

I haven't seen a picture make a player look less intimidating since the legendary Jad Dean photo.

Not to mention he's now #2 and not #7***

Aug 26, 2011, 1:48 PM

null

B-Meist, we need a new pic of Sammy

Aug 26, 2011, 8:51 AM

He's wearing #2 now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Just wait a week

Aug 26, 2011, 12:01 PM

and use the one of him celebrating in the endzone.

Re: News and notes from Thursday's practice

Aug 27, 2011, 8:27 PM

Can anyone remeber a time where there was that much depth for punt and kick off returns. Great sign of good things to come.

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic