Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Monday Q&A with Chad Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Aug 22, 2011, 7:53 PM

Chad Morris answers questions about the offense, the offensive line, the leadership of Nuk Hopkins and the continued emergence of tight end Brandon Ford. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Monday Q&A with Chad Morris

Aug 22, 2011, 8:06 PM

We'll see what happens when it's game time, but I love this quote from Coach Morris about Andre.

"Every time I see him, he’s grinning from ear-to-ear because he knows what’s in store for him.”

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So ready to see what this offense can do on the field***

Aug 22, 2011, 8:12 PM

Morris said a 2 TE set. I love that.***

Aug 22, 2011, 8:52 PM

Re: Morris said a 2 TE set. I love that.***

Aug 22, 2011, 9:05 PM

One thing I don't agree with him on is that punting is okay or that FG's are okay. To me, a punt is nothing but the result of a failed drive. The same can be said of a FG, except you failed closer to the goal. Granted, every drive can't result in a TD, but that should be the goal, and as an offense, it should make them sick if they don't get a TD every drive, IMO. I'm so excited about this season. Spot the ball!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2011, 9:10 PM

he said that punting isnt good but getting a field goal means your doing some good things ofcourse td's are the way to go but sometimes you have to settle for 3 and not 7

Aug 22, 2011, 9:14 PM

"Kicking the ball" includes extra points.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2011, 9:22 PM

very true

Go Tigers

Aug 23, 2011, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Morris said a 2 TE set. I love that.*** ]

Now that is an acceptable kick!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2011, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Morris said a 2 TE set. I love that.*** ]

What you said is true, and a FG is better than nothing, but I want us to look at having to settle for a FG as being short of the goal. A TD per drive with no punts or FG's should be the goal, and an offensive player should not be satisfied with less, even though it's better than nothing. Kind of like going out with an ugly girl. It's a date, but nothing to be really proud of.

Aug 22, 2011, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Morris said a 2 TE set. I love that.*** ]

I think he meant that if a drive ends in a kick, chances are you're not giving the ball back to the other team deep in your own territory. It makes it easier on your defense.

Aug 22, 2011, 10:01 PM

I hope this guy isn't filling heads with a bunch of crap. I hope these boys will be ready to play. We will see over the next month. It all sounds good, but we will see shortly.

Aug 22, 2011, 11:34 PM

I think what he meant was is better to kick then to throw a pick or force a throw. Win the battle of field position. Throw it away and get ready for next play or drive.

Go tigers! Ready for first game!

Aug 23, 2011, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Morris said a 2 TE set. I love that.*** ]

Maybe, but that's not how I took it. I really don't think they like punts any more than I do. We do have a very good punter now, and that can be a huge help when we get bogged down,but I'd just as soon not have to put him in.

I'm not sure I understand the kicking comment.

Aug 22, 2011, 11:02 PM

I hope that's a misquote or taken out of context. I'm not sure how kicking every series is a good thing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: I'm not sure I understand the kicking comment.

Aug 22, 2011, 11:13 PM

As you should know by now Morris's biggest peeve is turnovers. If we are kicking the ball (PAT, FG, and Punt) it means that we are protecting the ball and not turning it over.

He means either ends in an extra point, FG, or punt, and not

Aug 23, 2011, 8:06 AM [ in reply to I'm not sure I understand the kicking comment. ]

a turnover.

the goal of course is a TD, which we will score plenty of with The Chad at the helm. But he preaches NO balls in jeopardy and make sure the drive ends in some sort of kick, even a punt is better than a turnover in your own territory.

Aug 23, 2011, 8:07 AM [ in reply to I'm not sure I understand the kicking comment. ]

uhhhhhhhhh duh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2011, 8:59 AM

I get it now. Sorry. I had a few Monday night cocktails and it was late. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Everyone hung up on the kicking comment when the most

Aug 23, 2011, 8:25 AM

revealing comment he made was about the OL. I believe "sad" was the word he used when talking about developing backups...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Everyone hung up on the kicking comment when the most

Aug 23, 2011, 8:53 AM

That has been the norm at Clemson that we may get some good starters but once they are gone the OL suffers. 2 or 3 years of Robbie Caldwell will change that though.

Agree, I think Caldwell didn't have much depth to work with

Aug 23, 2011, 9:05 AM

...the new class coming in will fix a lot of that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Monday Q&A with Chad Morris

Aug 23, 2011, 8:48 PM

i just hope everyone knows..."not the gamecock fans posting as tiger fans complaining"...that this is a first year offense. Mistakes are going to be made and there are a bunch of freshmen going to be playing. GO TIGERS WHIP SOME ACE

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic