Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Position battles to watch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 4,260

Jul 31, 2011, 10:53 PM

Football practice begins this week and here are some of the position battles that TigerNet will be keeping a close eye on. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Price or Thomas doesn't work out at LT

Jul 31, 2011, 11:58 PM

I like David Smith to be moved over to LT and Cloy to take his LG spot over.

Good article

Aug 1, 2011, 12:07 AM

I'm anxious to see how it pans out. Just 5 more days until the evaluation of the freshmen begins. I truly hope all of them pan out. I'm also anxious to see how the return teams will improve. And the thing I'd like to see (that is rarely mentioned) is the blocking abilities of the WR's. Jacoby was instrumental in C.J.'s success. If these young (and veteran) receivers can help with some of the long run blocking, it will really help out in the big picture. As we all know, being successful in one aspect of offense opens up other aspects. This is especially the case with Watkins. He is fast enough to provide a block down the field when needed. I'm really looking forward to practice starting Friday,

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No mention of Chad Diehl - even as a blocker or

Aug 1, 2011, 7:42 AM

short yardage?

Re: No mention of Chad Diehl - even as a blocker or

Aug 1, 2011, 8:35 AM

Diehl is a great blocker.

He's a liability offensively though since he doesn't run or catch the ball well IMO.

I hope he gets moved to LB, (seems to fit his skill set better) special teams and maybe some short yardage FB.

Re: No mention of Chad Diehl - even as a blocker or

Aug 1, 2011, 8:36 AM [ in reply to No mention of Chad Diehl - even as a blocker or ]

Who's going to challenge him for his "starting" role? CD is the guy, period.

What I was surprised about was no mention of DBs in position battles. Guess David thinks the starters are set in stone there, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Tight Ends or H-backs?

Aug 1, 2011, 10:40 AM

No Mention of tight ends or H-backs. Guess this is all settled.

No offense to Catman, but did he say Respectable

Aug 1, 2011, 8:47 AM [ in reply to No mention of Chad Diehl - even as a blocker or ]

14-22 on Field Goals.

Four of the misses he had listed were from less than 40 yards!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

He was 6-9 over 40 however***

Aug 1, 2011, 12:52 PM

Re: He was 6-9 over 40 however***

Aug 1, 2011, 7:57 PM

I want a kicker who is MONEY from 40 yards and under. If we are relying on 40+ yard field goals for our success, then we have a rather poor offense. Not saying we won't have need for a long FG at some time, but if a guy makes the ones under 40, we will have great improvement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Position battles to watch- depth on the line

Aug 1, 2011, 9:23 AM

it never changes. we load up on skill guys and take minimum numbers on each line. then when a couple get hurt we wonder why there are depth issues

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Position battles to watch- depth on the line

Aug 1, 2011, 9:29 AM

We've got numbers on the OL. We'll be fine on DL, too, as soon as some of the young pups get their ears dry.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defensive backs and H-Backs/Tight ends

Aug 1, 2011, 11:04 AM

I didn't do these positions because

1. I was running out of space; 2. I really do believe these are more settled than some of the others.

There will be competition in the secondary, but I don't look for there to be too much change from the depth chart as it was after spring practice. potions and Brewer at the corners, and Meeks and Hall at the safety spots. Bashaud Breeland, Darius Robinson, Cortez Davis, Robert Smith, Garry Peters and company will be valuable backups. But Breeland is a star waiting to happen.

At TE and H-BACK, we know that Allen and Ford are the starters, and I look for Eric MacLain to push Sam Cooper for playing time there. But the starting spots are pretty much set.

If I need to, I can do a more in-depth look. Just let me know, and thank you for reading TigerNet.

Message was edited by: davidhood®

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"potions and Brewer at the corners"

Aug 1, 2011, 2:24 PM

Forgive me, but I don't know what this means. Does this imply that one CB starting role is fixed (Brewer), and the other is not? If so, then why is this not one of the positions listed and discussed in the article? I thought the other CB starter was going to be Sensabaugh. You agree?

Re: "potions and Brewer at the corners"

Aug 1, 2011, 3:19 PM

The other starter is going to Sensabaugh.

Re: Defensive backs and H-Backs/Tight ends

Aug 1, 2011, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Defensive backs and H-Backs/Tight ends ]

We have several young DBs who are more talented than Sensabaugh and Brewer. If those two do start, it's because their experience puts them over the top. I wouldn't be at all surprised, however, to see Breeland, Peters, or Davis make a heck of a case to be the starter(s).

14-22 was/is NOT respectable.***

Aug 1, 2011, 11:24 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Clemson uses a 3-4 defensively, what does the...

Aug 1, 2011, 5:57 PM

Starters look like?

Just wondering?

Guess Moore goes to end,and Branch to OLB?

Listed weight of reserve DT Josh Watson is wrong

Aug 1, 2011, 9:53 PM

The info about Josh Watson's weight is not true. It might have been this time last year but its off by a pretty significant margin. Josh is currently at 292-295. This came straight from Josh himself. If you see a pic of him right now you would know he's bigger than the listed 270.

Replies: 18
| visibility 4,260
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic