Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Clemson quarterbacks ranked 9th in ACC by Dinich
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Clemson quarterbacks ranked 9th in ACC by Dinich

Jun 16, 2011, 9:13 AM

Clemson quarterbacks ranked 9th in ACC by Dinich

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is perfectly reasonable based on what our

Jun 16, 2011, 9:24 AM

current QB's have demonstrated thus far, which is almost nothing. Tajh seems to have lots of potential, and Stoudt got good reviews this spring, but neither has demonstrated yet that they are the answer at QB.

I don't like it, and I hope that at the end of the season everyone will have a much different impression, but for now, that's just the way it is.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Football Player Update: Clemson quarterbacks ranked 9th in ACC by Dinich

Jun 16, 2011, 10:09 AM

I'm certainly not a Boyd promoter, but geez, no way are our QB's 9th in the ACC. We actually have tons of potential - especially with the new OC working with these guys. He'll make a huge difference IMO. I expect our QB's to be Top 4-5 in the ACC at the least. We're going to beat a lot of teams - period. I hope all the DC's share HD's view of our QB's.

Re: Football Player Update: Clemson quarterbacks ranked 9th in ACC by Dinich

Jun 16, 2011, 9:42 PM

These people only judge by what we done last season. If we would have won the NC in 08 with Boyd, we would still be judged by what we done in 2010. It makes no difference to them that, our QB played most of the year with broke ribs. Nor do they care that our best RB was out the last 3d of the season. I love going into this season completely under the Radar....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looking at her reasoning, which I don't buy into at all

Jun 16, 2011, 10:17 AM

I have no idea how you rank any of the teams 6,7,8 & 9!!

None of them have much experience and how FSU is just no.5 beats me. I tought Manuel was pretty good to be honest.

How the heck is Miami number one when Jacory is as inconsistent as they come, and I have never heard of his backup.

Dinich Sucks

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

You're right - ranking QBs with no experience and no track

Jun 16, 2011, 10:25 AM

record is just a guessing game. Our QB situation is certainly a big question mark, but so are a few others she has ranked ahead of us.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Its more based on depth than talent.

Jun 16, 2011, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Looking at her reasoning, which I don't buy into at all ]

And every team ahead of us has at least one QB that has started a game, Miami has 2. It makes sense to me.

This is her #1?

Jun 16, 2011, 10:27 AM

http://www.cbssports.com/#!/collegefootball/players/playerpage/1619687/jacory-harris

Ranked 85th in yds passing. KP had more yards them him passing last year.

I have more of a problem with Miami being #1 than I do us being 9. Fine, we are starting a QB with hardly any experience, I get it, but Miami #1. I would put Duke ahead of them, heck I may put Duke #1 in this category going by last year stats.

http://www.cbssports.com/#!/collegefootball/players/playerpage/1630256/sean-renfree

He threw a lot of ints, but not all ints are on the QB. He still averaged over 60% and threw for over 3,000 yards.

Re: This is her #1?

Jun 16, 2011, 10:29 AM

His backup started half of the year which puts them in a better situation than us. We only have 3 QBs and only 1 with very limited game experience.

Having a backup with a little experience is certainly

Jun 16, 2011, 10:34 AM

a good thing when your starter is Jacory "Arm Punt" Harris.

Re: This is her #1?

Jun 16, 2011, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: This is her #1? ]

I have no problem being where we are. Miami #1 though is mind boggling.

This is Great motivation for our qb's, thanks Heather.***

Jun 16, 2011, 10:39 AM

She has us behind Duke, Wake, UNC, GT, and VT?

Jun 16, 2011, 10:39 AM

What a crock! I know depth is a factor, but it should be a small factor in this consideration. The starter is what matters, and while Boyd is unproven, he is much more highly regarded than the starters at any of the schools that I just listed.

null

"highly regarded" doesn't carry much weight.

Jun 16, 2011, 11:01 AM

Can't really rate players based on how good everybody says they are going to be, or how good they were in high school.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: She has us behind Duke, Wake, UNC, GT, and VT?

Jun 17, 2011, 10:51 AM [ in reply to She has us behind Duke, Wake, UNC, GT, and VT? ]

Can you blame her?? Look how our QB`s performed last yr.(doesnt matter who got hurt) Honestly, I think Cole will be in the mix of things really soon. Somebody leaving high school early to play a sport must say something.

Dinich

Jun 16, 2011, 12:02 PM

I thought we were done having to read more of Heather's write ups but sadly I was mistaken.

Somebody teach her how to make a sammich.***

Jun 16, 2011, 1:34 PM

null

DINICH MAKE ME A SAMMICH. R O F L M A O +1***

Jun 16, 2011, 11:10 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic