Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson to meet Kent State in 2013
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

May 18, 2011, 2:00 PM

Clemson has added Kent State to its non-conference football schedule for the 2013 season. The school now has its schedule of opponents complete through the 2014 season Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

germans***

May 18, 2011, 2:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of you.

Just curious..

May 19, 2011, 4:32 PM

Germans...

Where does that come from?
Whats it suppose to mean?

Besides the Chickens, 2014 home schedule...BLEH!!!***

May 18, 2011, 2:13 PM

GTech is always a fun one man.***

May 18, 2011, 4:51 PM

We will kill them.

May 18, 2011, 2:15 PM

wait, wut

Does anyone know what happened to the Vanderbilt home and

May 18, 2011, 2:22 PM

home series for 2012/2013? Thanks in advance.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was basically a Bobby Johnson deal. Now that he retired

May 24, 2011, 4:54 PM

Vandy wanted to do everything they could to get out of that game. I know one of their assistant coaches, and it isn't like they don't want to play Clemson, but thier goal every year is just to make a bowl game, and its tough enough for them in the SEC, so they really don't want any outside games against quality teams.

I just hope that it's a nooner***

May 18, 2011, 2:26 PM

And people wonder why ticket sales are down.

May 18, 2011, 2:31 PM

Sheeez.

Re: And people wonder why ticket sales are down.

May 18, 2011, 4:19 PM

This is stupid. We play Auburn OOC 3 years in a row, then Georgia 2 years in a row, with S Carolina every year, and people complain about the 2 cupcakes? Absurd. Have you seen other people's OCC schedules?

Would you rather play ohio state, florida, bama, and s carolina every year, so that you can get your "entertaining" games? You would of course be defaulting any slim chance that we might have for a national championship run, but as long as you are entertained, right?

Re: And people wonder why ticket sales are down.

May 21, 2011, 7:32 PM

True comment here but if you wanna be the best you HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST. OOC schedule helps get you into the dance especially with the F'd up bcs computer system we have.

A home & home with TCU would be much preferred over our

May 18, 2011, 2:36 PM

consistent two very very cupcaked teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Clemson to meet Kent State in 2013

May 18, 2011, 2:53 PM

I think the Vandy series got messed up with the 2012 Auburn game.

Once again, Clemson/TDP underwhelms with its OOC cupcakes

May 18, 2011, 3:05 PM

I seriously hate these games and, frankly, we will have a hard time clawing our way up the national prestige ladder scheduling cupcakes year after year. I know that "every school does it" but it's still frustrating as all ####. We don't have to be like "every school".

If the athletic department is hurting for revenue like they say they are, maybe they should schedule some major opponents. Nobody can say that the TAMU and TCU games weren't premiere events that got the seats filled (or, for the TCU game, got tickets sold. Can't blame anyone but mother nature for the attendance at that game). I can't think of any reason I would want to go out of my way and spend several hundred dollars to watch a snoozefest against Kent State. That game isn't much more than another donation to the Veteran Tickets Foundation.

Re: Once again, Clemson/TDP underwhelms with its OOC cupcakes

May 18, 2011, 3:30 PM

Cupcakes are just the way to go these days. I agree they are not as fun to watch, but going undefeated with a low SOS is better for you than killing yourself playing harder teams and going 7-5. This isnt college basketball where SOS is a major factor, an undefeated BCS school is going to be in the top 5 no matter what, maybe higher depending on other undefeated teams that year. (i.e. Cincinatti not long ago was 1 upset away for playing for the championship). Look at VT's schedule this year, and lets just pay attention to what position they're in at the end of the year if they go undefeated, I'm guessing plenty of air time on ESPN.

VTech has an extremely favorable schedule this year...

May 18, 2011, 3:59 PM

and could arrive at the championship game in Charlotte undefeated. However, based on the OCC and the fact that nearly every competitive game will be at Lane Stadium (exception-GT), VT will have to be blowing people out every game and have an A-game ACCCG win to even be considered for BCS championship game. The fact that the ACC ranks as the 6th best national conference doesn't help, nor should it.

Re: VTech has an extremely favorable schedule this year...

May 18, 2011, 4:13 PM

All I'm saying is, if ya'll were 13-0 ya'll would be in the top 5 for sure. And if ya'll were lucky and there were only one other undefeated team, ya'll could sneak into the title game by default.

That being said, I'm lookng forward to coming up there in October and making sure this situation never happens anyways.

Proverbs 16:18***

May 18, 2011, 4:14 PM [ in reply to VTech has an extremely favorable schedule this year... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Hokies ain't going undefeated in conference this year.

May 18, 2011, 6:07 PM [ in reply to VTech has an extremely favorable schedule this year... ]

not saying Clemson will beat you, but somebody will.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2009: Cinci was undefeated but didn't sniff the BCS title.***

May 18, 2011, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Once again, Clemson/TDP underwhelms with its OOC cupcakes ]

Re: 2009: Cinci was undefeated but didn't sniff the BCS title.***

May 19, 2011, 8:53 AM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/year/2009/week/15

Actually they were #3 in the BCS and were about .1 seconds away from going if Texas would have lost to Nebraska on that controversial last second fg.

If Cinci played stronger non-cons they'd've gone BCS NC game

May 19, 2011, 12:34 PM

Cinci's 2009 Sagarin strength-of-schedule was ranked #44, just slightly behind Texas (#38), in part because Cinci chose to beat up on a couple of non-conference cupcakes (including Southeastern Missouri State, and Miami of Ohio). If Cinci (who plays in one of the weaker of the Big Six conferences, like Clemson) had instead chosen to play some tough non-conference opponents, and had beaten them, then Cinci could have jumped Texas in the BCS rankings and played for the BCS national title instead of Texas.

If Cinci had scheduled some tough non-con opponents and lost those games, Cinci would still have been Big East champs with a berth in the Sugar Bowl. Which would have been better for Cinci and their fans, playing cupcakes or playing respectable teams?

Re: If Cinci played stronger non-cons they'd've gone BCS NC game

May 19, 2011, 1:24 PM

You are making sense but I still think you can make an argument either way. I doubt they would have jumped Texas no matter who they played, and going undefeated and #3 sounds pretty good to me. And like I said they were sitting there as the next ones in if either of the top 2 would have slipped up.

Cinci would have jumped Texas with the right non-cons

May 19, 2011, 2:20 PM

Whether or not Cinci would have jumped Texas depends on who Cinci had scheduled for non-con games. Obviously if Cinci had scheduled (and beat) Texas and Alabama, Cinci would have jumped Texas and Alabama in the BCS standings. But even if Cinci had scheduled (and beaten), say, Ohio State & TCU, or Oregon & Iowa, I think it's pretty clear that (even if the voters didn't agree) the BCS computers would have definitely put Cinci in the national championship game. Would Cinci have made the 2009 BCS-NC game if they had scheduled and beaten a couple of respectable, lower-Top-25-ish teams (like LSU & Texas Tech) instead of total cupcakes? Maybe. I think so. Just my opinion. We'll never know.

But my question still stands. Would it have been better for Cinci and their fans to schedule non-con cupcakes or to schedule decent teams?

There are many other examples of undefeated or once-defeat teams with tough schedules going to the BCS national championship game over undefeated teams with weaker schedules. (For example, in 2008, one-loss Florida went to the BCS-NC game instead of undefeated Utah & Boise St.) But I can't think of a case where an undefeated team with a weak schedule got a shot at the BCS-NC game over an undefeated or one-loss team with the tougher schedule.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCS_controversies#Controversies_by_season

Re: Cinci would have jumped Texas with the right non-cons

May 19, 2011, 3:40 PM

Utah and Boise St were non-BCS schools so they shouldn't even count in this scenario, its even harder for them to get into that game. So other than non-AQs, I didn't find a one-loss team hop a soft scheduled BCS school into the championship, it just hasn't come up yet.

So who knows whats the best scheduling strategy is, lets just hope we can put together some wins against WHOEVER we play this year and beyond and win us a ACCC first and foremost.

Amen! Go Tigers!***

May 19, 2011, 10:41 PM

But he doesn't control the schedule he can't get good games

May 18, 2011, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Once again, Clemson/TDP underwhelms with its OOC cupcakes ]

etc. TV does that. Oops wait that is start times. So what the heck is his excuse for this? Weak

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever, as long as we play UGA I don't care.

May 18, 2011, 5:10 PM

It's been way too long. It better never be that long again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whatever, as long as we play UGA I don't care.

May 18, 2011, 9:17 PM

I don't see Georgia playing clemson more often in the future, than in the recent past, with its conference schedule of 8 games.

I think South Carolina and North Carolina should play each other annually. But, unfortunately, the blue bellies are actually yellow bellies.

AMEN!

May 24, 2011, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Whatever, as long as we play UGA I don't care. ]

I can't wait to play UGA and I hope we beat the snot out of them!

the 2013-14 games with UGA R Shapin up to be AWESOME

May 18, 2011, 5:44 PM

with last year's recruiting classes for both, that's going to be a helluva game

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA is following up last year's Top 5 class nicely.

May 18, 2011, 9:30 PM

They already have commitments from 3 four star prospects. By the time clemson plays UGA in 2013-14, the Dawgs might be fielding 3 or 4 Top 5 recruiting classes.

I like cupcakes. We generally win and I don't have to be

May 18, 2011, 6:05 PM

pissed off all weekend because we lost. The SEC plays all cupcakes out of conference. Until there is a playoff or at least an incentive to schedule tough, we should do the same.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Instead of a TOTAL cupcake, how about a weak team like USF?

May 18, 2011, 6:11 PM

Oh wait... they beat Dabo's boys in a bowl game.

On second thought, I guess TDP should cover his butt and protect Dabo by scheduling more total cupcakes.

Better not protest...***

May 18, 2011, 8:32 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Title of this Release Should Be...

May 18, 2011, 9:37 PM

Tigers to Meet Kent State in 2013 @ Noon

Like earth or America is going to exist in 2013

May 19, 2011, 7:00 AM

......sorry just don't see it.

Well, I guess you May 21 doomsdayers were wrong.***

May 21, 2011, 7:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic